• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Zero Dilemma [dltms0 - June Edition]

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    I mean, hard for a Jap dev to be weeby.

It has gone significantly more on the trash anime route the last years, though. It sells.

(Or, to be fair. Less 1990s fantasy anime and more 2010s fantasy anime.)

Yeah, if Awakening (and by extension, Fates) hadn't gone down the waifu dating sim route/grind route that it had, I doubt the series would've gained the following it has now. I mean, it's kinda always been popular, but it blew up with Awakening. The game's pretty fantastic presentation definitely helped, but it was totally the waifus (and meme script?) that sold it.

I am excited for the Gaiden remake, though. I was hoping it'd be a remake back when it was announced since it came so close after Fates; rele- wait it's been a fucking year? Holy hell...doesn't feel like it.

But it really depends on a franchise and how it's marketed. Monster Hunter and Dark Souls sell really well in the west, and even more recently Yakuza, and especially Nioh, have been really popular. Mostly due to gaming outlets and New Media, but hey, if it works it works.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years

Also pretty excited for the remake.

I'd actually
    Spoiler:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

Yeh, but it wasn't really a series mainstay until recently- well, can't really call it a mainstay since it's only consistently been in two but.

Shame though. I'd hate for the series to feel handcuffed to the mechanic. Especially with the English writers they've been using.

At least let me go les so my girl MC has something to do. It's 2017. C'mon.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years

My Conquest fem!Corrin shagged a chuuni and had an insanely overpowered best girl for daughter. No complaints here.

Spoiler:

As I said, I'd be cool with them dropping it. Fans will be pissed, but screw them if they need waifu sim to enjoy a Fire Emblem game. If it does stay, they HAVE GOT to include better same sex options.

Back