• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

There is no room left in the PC!

PurpleOrange

still don't know what I'm doing
Years
  • So my main quest in pokemon is to have a full living form dex in my games, so Ultra SuMo comes along, and they added 5 new pokemon and 15 new forms and I've realised there actually isn't enough room for it at all, this kinda sucks a lot. Any of you guys find this annoying? Do you think they should've added more boxes?

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    In Gen 7 there's supposed to be a maximum of 32 boxes in the PC, with each holding 30 Pokemon. That equals something like 960 Pokemon you can hold in your PC boxes alone (plus the up to 6 in your party), so that should be enough to hold one of each species of Pokemon (there's 807 of them atm), including alternate forms.

Or are there a lot more alternate forms 'n' shit than I think there is?

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    As Nah said, there are a total of 32 boxes. You unlock more as you fill them up, so there's no worry for not having enough.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Since you can have a maximum of 960 in boxes and there's just upwards of 800 Pokémon in total, even factoring in alternate forms there are still enough spaces. There's also Pokémon Bank which can store upto 3,000 Pokémon on top of that.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • there's about 965 forms or something like that (i have a nice spreadsheet for it aha) and that's not even including arceus and silvally

I think in total it's about 1040~. Nearly double that if you count shiny forms.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2019
    I find this frustrating as well. I have run out of room for all the different forms. There are over 800 base Pokemon, plus nearly 100 with gender differences, 30 unown, 20 Vivillon, 6 Rotoms, 7 Miniors, 5 versions of Flabebe, Floette and Florges, 4 versions of Deerling and Sawsbuck, 3 versions of Burmy and Wormadam, Different Shellos, Gastrradon Frillish and Jellificent, 23 additional alolan variants (not counting ones that have their own number, 6 totem pokemon per game, multiple hat-wearing Pikachu; and that's not even counting storing the different forms of pokemon like Deoxys and Tornadus, Thundurus, Landourus etc. And then shibies is a whole other situation...

I would like to have had a complete collection on the one cartridge, but even with storing some on Poke Pelago it isn't possible to fit them all.

I hace Bank, but I personally prefer to have my collection with me, rather than on a server.

Last edited:

PurpleOrange

still don't know what I'm doing
    Years
  • I find this frustrating as well. I have run out of room for all the different forms. There are over 800 base Pokemon, plus nearly 100 with gender differences, 30 unown, 20 Vivillon, 6 Rotoms, 7 Miniors, 5 versions of Flabebe, Floette and Florges, 4 versions of Deerling and Sawsbuck, 3 versions of Burmy and Wormadam, Different Shellos, Gastrradon Frillish and Jellificent, 23 additional alolan variants (not counting ones that have their own number, 6 totem pokemon per game, multiple hat-wearing Pikachu; and that's not even counting storing the different forms of pokemon like Deoxys and Tornadus, Thundurus, Landourus etc. And then shibies is a whole other situation...

I would like to have had a complete collection on the one cartridge, but even with storing some on Poke Pelago it isn't possible to fit them all.

I hace Bank, but I personally prefer to have my collection with me, rather than on a server.

This is basically my point (and i don't even count the minor gender differences), with gen vi there were actually spare pokemon boxes after having the forms etc. but gen 7 literally only added 1 box, like that's the least amount of extra space for pokemon a generation has ever given

Back