• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

These controls are terrible!

Althea

[For Sale]
Years
  • I've quite fond of the PS3 controller, since it's identical to the PS1/PS2 controller, only wireless. But it's the interface I've grown up with, and the one I'm most comfortable with. Although the only controller I've ever had problems with is the 360 controller, it's just far too fat for my liking. I'm quite fond of the Classic Controller Pro for the Wii as well, if only because of the sheer number of hours I've spent on Xenoblade and Monster Hunter Tri using it...

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • If I had to make a choice, the Xbox 360 controller (both wireless and wired) will be my top picks.
    I like the way it fits snugly in my hands even though the D-pad is like a dead fish.

But like donavannj, keyboard and mouse will always be on the top of my list.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    I love the GC controller and the PS3 controller. They just fit nicely in my hand.​

The GC controller was perfect for your hand. It was really nice, and could be used by people with small and large hands alike, which is why I've been using it for the past 8 years, and I can still use it fine.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • The Game Cube controller is genius and the greatest thing I have ever held in my hand. (sorry boys) 360 controller is also rather nice.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • I love the GCN controller and the PS2/PS3 controller. Either controller would be fine to play everything.

I hate the Wii Remote, because the motion sensing is just a pointless gimmick and the batteries run out in it too fast, even when I'm never playing it. It turned out to be more of a pain in the butt than it did anything else. "Revolution"? Yeah, right. Go back to controllers, Nintendo.

Drekin

We all live in a...
    Years
  • 1. N64 - geez that thing fit perfectly in your hand. I wish I could use it for everything
    2. GC - Light and easy to hold
    3. PS3 - Medium weight and a little more difficult to hold than GC
    23412341234. Xbox - like holding a cardboard box with buttons

TwistedArachnid

It's a one hit wonder!
    Years
  • XBox 360 controller hands down. Fits my hands and the buttons feel nice. I also like the Wii Controller, just because it feels intuitive (it's a remote haha). PS3 is good and all, but it cramps my hands due to it's weird shape after awhile. I also dislike the classic controller/pro. It's awkward and isn't precise enough with the analogue sticks for aiming in Goldeneye.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • Playstation controllers are my favourite. Its what I grew up with and it fits my hands perfectly. A couple of years age, the first time I played my friends X-Box (the first one) I absoloutely hated the controls and refused to play his X-Box for the next month until the lure of Halo was too much. I dislike the wii controlers and I think that nintendo would have benn better off making another gamecube insted of the wii.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • This thread totally threw me for a loop.

I see the title, and I think it's going to be about games with bad controls. I start reading the first post and I think it's about worst controllers. And then it ends up being about the best controllers. Well, then.

The GameCube and Xbox 360 are my favourites. Very ergonomic controllers. They fit my hands perfectly.

Honourable mentions to the Wiimote (with jacket) and the Classic Controller Pro (for being a fantastic SuperNES upgrade).

Years
    • Seen today
    Well, since I have three hands, the N64 Controller is the best for me.

The Gamecube controller has always been the thing for me. It is easy to understand. The colored buttons make it easy for people to distinguish between the different buttons. The Wii Remote and related things are similar, but still not good enough.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • The 360 controller is by far the most comfortable, ergonomic controller I've ever used. It fits in my hand perfectly and everything is placed really well. The godawful d-pad is my only complaint.

Honorable mention goes to the Gamecube controller though.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • PS2 controller, since I've had my PS2 the longest, from the age of 7 till now. I only just got an Xbox 360 earlier this year so I'm sorta getting used the controller in contrast with my PS2.

Back