• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

These Leakers are getting ridiculous

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I've seen stuff popping up in thumbnails of Youtube videos. I haven't seen anything major yet but I'm just trying to stay away from Pokemon related places most of the time. (at the very least I feel I can trust Pokemon forums not to have anything spoilerific in thread titles)

The thing is I kinda have to look at Youtube for a certain reason, so I've taken to holding books over the suggestion bar and maximizing videos as soon as possible. :P

I do have a question though. (and I'm asking here because it's related to the spoilers) I was wondering if anyone has a list of old Pokemon that are available in the post-game? (you could send me a PM about it rather than posting the link here)

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2017
    I don't mind the leaks so much. I like exploring the region and playing the game. I've never played Pokemon for the story - it's never been standout - and if I know what new Pokemon there are I can plan my team in advance. You have to search deliberately for things like story spoilers etc, so I've never found it hard to avoid what I might not want to see.

Terumi-kantoku

Cat Lover Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2017
    well it's kind of hard to avoid them when some idiots keep spamming the hell out of them

Exactly! And like many people are saying, our Youtube front pages are being bombarded with leaked game thumbnails... It just happened to me now. I even tried to flag it, but no use at all. I just picked a random video and chose "I´m not interested in this channel." This is the best I could do... Uuugh! This is the worst, to avoid lots of sites we use everyday because of cheaters.

Years
  • As I mentioned in another thread, I am against leaks in general as the game should be experienced with no spoiled information beforehand. Games, like movies, tv shows, and books, are things that made to be experienced freshly. For example, if you are a huge Harry Potter fan, I'm sure you wouldn't have wanted to be spoiled on things that happened in the final book.

Therefore, a part of me is angry to see people making videos or writing articles about the leaked info. You may not mind the leaks but there are tons of people who do not want to see them, people who want to experience the games with new, fresh eyes.
    At the same time, another part of me is pained to see the hard work of many designers and writers be carelessly and disrespectfully publicized before the official release date. This wasn't in their plan so why are some people not taking their thoughts and effort in mind? Would you want something you created to be spoiled days before it was supposed to be officially known?

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    As I mentioned in another thread, I am against leaks in general as the game should be experienced with no spoiled information beforehand. Games, like movies, tv shows, and books, are things that made to be experienced freshly. For example, if you are a huge Harry Potter fan, I'm sure you wouldn't have wanted to be spoiled on things that happened in the final book.

Therefore, a part of me is angry to see people making videos or writing articles about the leaked info. You may not mind the leaks but there are tons of people who do not want to see them, people who want to experience the games with new, fresh eyes.
    At the same time, another part of me is pained to see the hard work of many designers and writers be carelessly and disrespectfully publicized before the official release date. This wasn't in their plan so why are some people not taking their thoughts and effort in mind? Would you want something you created to be spoiled days before it was supposed to be officially known?

I agree with every word!

MKC

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2023

I couldn't agree more, I understand for the info and pics getting leaked, it happens, I don't approve of it, but I don't mind it. But the fact that someone uploaded the full game and people are uploading livestreams and gameplays BEFORE RELEASE everywhere is just plain disrespectful and mean spirited towards the creators.
    I honestly don't know what went through these people's head, these leaks could very well harm the sells of the game or even the worldwide release of future games.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Again, be it whether they are legal or not, be it whether you like it or not, game leaks always happen.

Still the same ol' advise-- Avoid the internet (Particularly YouTube, and sites related to what you are so particular about) if you can't accept leaks.

We are not the one whom are spilling the beans, and we are in no stand or obligation to stop people from posting leaks, and have no stand on whether posting leaks are right or wrong. If the company is so mindful of these, then they will take action on the leakers themselves. No use whining like a baby on the forum at all, sad to say.

Karous

Captain Obvious
    Years
  • FYI the leaks helped me pick the version I wanted. I didn't preorder since I was undecided until now. I would've been upset to say the least had I gone with my original plan of buying Sun and missed out on the Pokemon I wanted. They can serve a very useful purpose for people who don't have the game yet.

Back