• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: These smileys don't make me smiley!!!

waterworks

Previously Fireworks
Years
  • So I'm not sure when this happened, but I just realized that the old, lovable smileys we had have been replaced by these new boys in blue.

This makes me very sad. Like, I want to sad face, but I don't like the new sad face, so I can't.

What happened to the little yellow balls of wonder? Why were they replaced?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • They were really old and decaying and were replaced with Smurfs. Sorry.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Because they were super fugly and the blue ones are so much cuter!! >:(

If you want to use one of the generic ones, just go here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&editorid=vB_Editor_001

You can get there by clicking on the arrow next to the emoticon on the message box in the advanced reply mode and scrolling down to show all smilies. They're the ones at the bottom.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I like the old ones more than the blue ones. =/
    the blue ones make me feel blue... =(

Years
  • At first I didn't like the new blue smileys either, but I adjusted to them rather quickly (I'd say within hours, lol).. they actually have more choices to choose from too, IMO.. :) and every now and then, some things, such as a slogan, have to be changed.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I personally am not a fan of either. Though the new ones are certainly better. :p

Anyway, since people are talking about smileys over here I'd like to ask a question - can regular members suggest addition of new smileys that they probably came across on some other forum to the pre-existing list?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    How about pink?
    These smileys don't make me smiley!!!
    Do we like pink?
    These smileys don't make me smiley!!!

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    The yellow ones were hideous and they didn't even match with each other and they were from like 1999 and/or the first ever forum like, ever. :(

Exactly. One day, I thought "Enough is enough I'm gonna PM Audy about my set of created Pokésmileys and do a service to this communitie!"

That day I looked at this post and realised that we already have this Admin who can see the future Chuck Norris style.

When we have PPNSteve as the boss and Ausaudriel as a captain, what else does this community need?

tnfsf11

I actually have no problem with the blue smileys, they're going perfectly with the dark them & grey background, like others said, you can choose your favorite smileys from the list in the advanced post editing box or just copy any of these & put them in ::
    shocked:shocked:
    depressed:depressed:
    surprised:surprised:
    sideways:sideways:
    sleeping:sleeping:
    sad:sad:
    tired:tired:
    wink:wink:
    cheeky:cheeky:
    silly:silly:
    knockedou:knockedou:
    bandit:bandit: