• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

thethethethe's Scripting Tutorial

PKMNgamer

youtube.com/pkmngamer
Years
  • Okay, ummm... No. PET or some other trainer editing tool or hex.

uhmm right... Any other battle editing programs you recommend? I tried to get Trainer Editor to work but that messes up too.

Stop Messing Up My Files Porygon-Z!

The shadow of Mismagius
    Years
  • Hey the4 , I was reading through this tut on the special2 section, but there was one question I had to post. Is there a way to remove a pokemon from your party? Not just relocating them to your PC , but basically removing them from the game. There was something going on in my hack where I wanted to imput the option to choose between keeping or releasing a pokemon that you've already purchased, but I now realize removing a pokemon isn't the same as releasing an item.

I think if the pokemon you want to remove is a specific pokemon, and you're forced to have it on the way to the place where the event happens, then maybe you could force a trade by having a script directly after the turned-down trade that makes you trade again.

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2008
    This is just what I was looking for my friend, Something for the noobs.

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    a VERY good tutorial... And, as i saw, It's always Up-to-date...

Thanks TheTheTheThe...
    If I arrived to the ASM hacking level it's also thaks to this tutorial

Da GaMeFrEaK

Farmer/Swordsman
    Years
  • I realize that. I have PoketScript and have been using it for quite a while. What I want to know is how to make a trainer dissappear and why my custom trainer always ends up to be a Team aqua grunt. Like I said, I have been using PET, which I have mentioned in my previous Forum, instead of the other program that IrishWitch has provided. I want to know how to get around that and be able to use the program PET by HelmetedRodent, unless you don't know what that is. OH! I almost forgot! As of recently, I came to a bump in the Wildbattle area. I tried to make a Deoxys, but when I talked to the sprite, the game froze! So, I tried the sample script IrishWitch provided...THAT DIDN'T WORK EITHER! So, I know I'm doing something wrong here. I'll post these two scripts for ya so you can get a better view of what I'm talking about.

Here's the one for the Wildbattle...

#org $StartWild
    lock
    faceplayer
    cry 386
    message $Cry
    $Cry 1 = . . .
    boxset 6
    checkflag 0x808
    if 0x1 goto $WildBatt
    release
    end

#org $Wildbatt
    lock
    wildbattle 386 82 1
    release
    setflag 0x500
    fadescreen 0
    end

And here's the one for the trainerbattle...

#org $Trainer
    lock
    faceplayer
    trainerbattle 0 2B5 $MadChall $MadDefeat
    $MadChall 1 = ?????: ...\p\v\h01: This guy has an eerie look on\nhis face...\lAs if I am staring at a ghost.\p?????: SCREEEEEECH!!
    $MadDefeat 1 = ...
    boxset 6
    release
    end

I honestly don't think anything is wrong with the script, but I just want to make sure.

Years
  • I realize that. I have PoketScript and have been using it for quite a while. What I want to know is how to make a trainer dissappear and why my custom trainer always ends up to be a Team aqua grunt. Like I said, I have been using PET, which I have mentioned in my previous Forum, instead of the other program that IrishWitch has provided. I want to know how to get around that and be able to use the program PET by HelmetedRodent, unless you don't know what that is. OH! I almost forgot! As of recently, I came to a bump in the Wildbattle area. I tried to make a Deoxys, but when I talked to the sprite, the game froze! So, I tried the sample script IrishWitch provided...THAT DIDN'T WORK EITHER! So, I know I'm doing something wrong here. I'll post these two scripts for ya so you can get a better view of what I'm talking about.

Here's the one for the Wildbattle...

#org $StartWild
    lock
    faceplayer
    cry 386
    message $Cry
    $Cry 1 = . . .
    boxset 6
    checkflag 0x808
    if 0x1 goto $WildBatt
    release
    end

#org $Wildbatt
    lock
    wildbattle 386 82 1
    release
    setflag 0x500
    fadescreen 0
    end

And here's the one for the trainerbattle...

#org $Trainer
    lock
    faceplayer
    $MadChall 1 = ?????: ...\p\v\h01: This guy has an eerie look on\nhis face...\lAs if I am staring at a ghost.\p?????: SCREEEEEECH!!
    $MadDefeat 1 = ...
    boxset 6
    release
    end

I honestly don't think anything is wrong with the script, but I just want to make sure.

I'm trying not to be rude, here, but all you're coming here for is help with a script. You want to know what's wrong with the script, look at this tutorial, and you may realise some things.
    This may make no sense to you, but let's look at your first script.
    Due to errors in the default database of Pokescript, you're script would compile this.
    [6A] [5A] [30] [82] [01] [0F] [00] [XX] [XX] [XX] [XX] [09] [06] [29] [08] [08] [06] [01] [XX] [XX] [XX] [XX] [6C] [02] '[XX] [XX] [XX] [XX] is just a pointer.
    That's only the $start wild section.
    This in Pokescript language would be.
    Code:
    #org 0xXXXXXX
    lock
    faceplayer
    cry pkmn_volbeat
    #raw 0x0F 0x00
    'The script would fall apart here, because it would try and use whatever byte is here, to do something.
    Cry would use the first two bytes from that message command, but if you actually look at this tutorial and see how commands should be set out for Pokescript, you probably would have avoided that error.

Now the second script. Know why the battle is screwed up?
    This line right here.
    Code:
    The 2B5 isn't detected as a number, because it isn't a number in a decimal system. Try using 0x2B5.

Da GaMeFrEaK

Farmer/Swordsman
    Years
  • I'm such a dork... Thanks man, that helps alot! I never would have figured that out.

Sorry, I must've made a mistake in writing my reply...I didn't mean to post that...weird. Here's my real reply (I posted this one...I don't know how that post ended up there):

I realize that. I have PoketScript and have been using it for quite a while. What I want to know is how to make a trainer dissappear and why my custom trainer always ends up to be a Team aqua grunt. Like I said, I have been using PET, which I have mentioned in my previous Forum, instead of the other program that IrishWitch has provided. I want to know how to get around that and be able to use the program PET by HelmetedRodent, unless you don't know what that is. OH! I almost forgot! As of recently, I came to a bump in the Wildbattle area. I tried to make a Deoxys, but when I talked to the sprite, the game froze! So, I tried the sample script IrishWitch provided...THAT DIDN'T WORK EITHER! So, I know I'm doing something wrong here. I'll post these two scripts for ya so you can get a better view of what I'm talking about.

Dangit!!! My posts are merging! This is confusing...

Last edited:

Da GaMeFrEaK

Farmer/Swordsman
    Years
  • Hey, remember me? I would like permission to copy your thread so I can use it on my CPU. I use my mom's CPU for the internet and whatnot. Hey, man sorry about the repeated quote. That was weird how it got there. I chose to go by what you said and I took a look at your Tutorial. I've heard from a lot of my friends you are really smart and talented. Turns out they were right! I can already tell that you did an excellent job on the tutorials.

Years
  • Hey, remember me? I would like permission to copy your thread so I can use it on my CPU. I use my mom's CPU for the internet and whatnot. Hey, man sorry about the repeated quote. That was weird how it got there. I chose to go by what you said and I took a look at your Tutorial. I've heard from a lot of my friends you are really smart and talented. Turns out they were right! I can already tell that you did an excellent job on the tutorials.
    Thank you. I've got no problem with people saving it onto there computer.
    "Do not take without Permission", just means don't post on other forums.

Years
  • thx but i mean make a script where the trainer comes out of nowhere and battle than they walk off
    You need to hide the sprite of the fake rival.
    put a script on a-map
    make the script, and in the script put the following commands(not in any order):

showsprite;applymovement;trainerbattle;hidesprite;waitmovement

Those are pretty much required for a basic one.

Pheya

Is very excited about HH & SS.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2010
    Code:
    #org $start
    lock
    faceplayer
    message $follow
    callstd 6
    applymovement 1 $walk
    applymovement 0xFF $walkplayer
    release
    end

#org $follow
    =[PLAYER]!\pThere you are!\nPlease follow me.

#org $walk
    #raw 13
    #raw 13
    #raw 13
    #raw 13
    #raw 13
    #raw 13
    #raw 11
    #raw 11
    #raw 11
    #raw 11
    #raw FE

#org $walk player
    #raw 10
    #raw 13
    #raw 13
    #raw 13
    #raw 13
    #raw 13
    #raw 13
    #raw 11
    #raw 11
    #raw 11
    #raw 11
    #raw FE

What's wrong with this script?

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    well what happens to it?
    filler

wait i see the applymovment for the person should be 0x01

Pheya

Is very excited about HH & SS.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2010
    well what happens to it?
    filler

wait i see the applymovment for the person should be 0x01
    It doesn't compile, but I'll adjust some things and try again.

Edit; still doesn't compile. It says Run-Time error 457 'This key is already associated with an element of this collection'

Years
  • Errors placed in BOLD.
    Spoiler:
    I think that's about it.
    Also, if anyone noticed I didn't place "$1 1 =" before the text. I realised a week or so ago, that you can compile text with just an equal sign.

Back