• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

thethethethe's Scripting Tutorial

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
Hey, I've been following this tutorial and other pokescript ones for a while now, and I'm starting to understand all this. However, one thing I don't get. I made an applymovement script and what the sprite to disappear. The people no. of the sprite is 5. I don't understand how I reverse that. I tried putting #raw 0x53 0x05 0x00, but it doesn't work. After fadescreen, the sprite is still there. I think I reversed it wrong or something. I don't get how people no. 4 is #raw 53 0x04 0x00 and people no. 12 is 0x0C 0x00. How is C even there?

Here is my script, just for reference:
Spoiler:

Years
Well, C is hex for 12. remember, to convert dec to hex (base ten to base sixteen)

Also, i'm no expert, but i believe the problem lies in the org $dissapear clause.

you have it reset the flag (setflag 0x299)
where i believe you wanted to clear it? (clearflag 0x299)

I may be wrong.

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
No, I don't think so... But I didn't understand how 12 is C? What do u mean by dec to hex? Is there a program that tells you the hex number? I'm confused here.. How do I get the hex number of like a pokemon or something?

Years
C is the hex number and 12 is the decimal number..
you can convert the decimal numbers to hex with a calculator, just open the calculator and press options and then scientific thing, then left ther is a option you can click first it says hex next to it dec, push dec and fill in 12 then click the hex and you see the number turning into a C that is what you have to fill int hen so the people nr is 000C, split it in 2 and turn it you get this 0C 00, sot he Raw command becomes #raw 0x53 0x0C 0x00
But try this:

Spoiler:

And put the flag number in the people id like this: 0299
it should work

NTA

Where?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
the wild battle script doesnt work can someone help plz?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
Thank you so very much... It works.. Just that the sprite doesn't disappear until I refresh the map. How do I fix that?

EDIT: Got it! I had to change #raw 0x53 0x0C 0x00 back to #raw 0x53 0x05 0x00 but keep the person's id as 0299. That's it. Also, is it possible to code in an earthquake style thing like the truck script in ruby into FR/LG? And another thing.. If I'm doing a follow me script and want a sprite to lead me into.. say.. a pokemon gym? I know how to have the sprite lead me to the door of the gym and then making the sprite disappear there while having myself warped into the gym, but I don't get how I'm supposed to somehow warp the sprite into the gym too. Thanks for your help so far guys.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
Where are the level scripts? I want to know how to make a script continue after warping..

Last edited:

sharkshank

Banned
Years
This helped me.

This Really helped me understand scripting. But what if you want to Fuse Scripts like:

Walking then give item, where would you put the [Codes].
And give pokedex, how would you activate the menu, like where would
you put the Flag number?

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
In your tut, there was a part that said something like, "Didn't work, did it? You froze on the spot. Change this... to this."

And there's no images to tell me what to change. Help please?

Shadowlink77

WOW - LETHON - GANKEDD/ERASEDD
Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2010
In your tut, there was a part that said something like, "Didn't work, did it? You froze on the spot. Change this... to this."

And there's no images to tell me what to change. Help please?

There is an image it may not be showing. it says to go in Advance Map and change

UNKNOWN 0000 ----> 0300
Var NUMBER 0000 ----> 5040

its to the right directley under POS (X/Y)

EDIT:: I may be to late~ Sorry if i am...

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 27, 2016
i was wondering if there was a way to edit the script after its in the rom. ive tried to find it on ahex editor and nothing came up

Never mind. i figured it out.

Last edited:

-GiЯ

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • G IR
  • Earth
  • Seen Nov 30, 2023
Im sorry

im sorry if this isnt the right thread to ask but i despratly need a script

for what

for making hiro follow some one (like in the begining with oak) but i need the script to give pokemon at the end

and i would prefer if whoever was nice enough to help to have like (put down steps here) right left up GET IT,

also i use pskvui, and xse, and the rom i am working on is fire red
thank you to anyone who will help, just PM me or re-post here

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
im sorry if this isnt the right thread to ask but i despratly need a script

for what

for making hiro follow some one (like in the begining with oak) but i need the script to give pokemon at the end

and i would prefer if whoever was nice enough to help to have like (put down steps here) right left up GET IT,

also i use pskvui, and xse, and the rom i am working on is fire red
thank you to anyone who will help, just PM me or re-post here
Seriously mate nobody's going to just make you a script
please tr make one yourself

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 27, 2016
Hey i was wondering if you could make a tut on how to make a person activated when you step over a script?? if not can someone send me a link that does?.
Thanks

Shadowlink77

WOW - LETHON - GANKEDD/ERASEDD
Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2010
i have tried every time i make one and step on the tile it freezes

and yes i have done the 0300 4050

still freezes

This is the wrong thread for that. but I can make the script for you.

But I would need to see the map you want it done on, the pokemon you want to give, and anytext you want throught it.

Back