• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

They really should create a _____ ball!

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
  • CaptFalcon Ball: Has a higher catch rate if the Pokemon is a Bird/Fire type and/or knows Blaze Kick and/or Fire Punch

Weegee Ball: higher catch rate on Pokemon with big wide-eyed stares.

DXrobots

Just a passing through trainer
    Years
  • Shocker ball that paralyzes the opponent if it fails to catch them. Weaken ball that lowers all the foes stats each time it fails to catch them. Population ball the less pokemon you have in your party the more effective it is. Attract ball works best if you've caught the pokemon Recently. Stronger ball works better if your pokemon has full health. Danger Ball Works best when your health is low. Copy ball Randomly copies the effect of another pokeball

Last edited:

Sir Skids Nickelton

Are You SERIOUS!?
    Years
  • Dusclops Ball

___ Threw A DUSCLOPS Ball!

The Pokemon Isn't DUSCLOPS!It's A MAGMAR!

MAGMAR Escaped And The DUSCLOPS Ball Exploded!

OR

The Pokemon Is A DUSCLOPS!

DUSCLOPS Ball Guarantees Catch On DUSCLOPS!

___ Obtained A DUSCLOPS!

MrGhost

Spooky Scary~
    Years
  • Shine ball: Works well during day or in sunlight.
    Useless for night players like myself, but still cool :)

And I suppose a colored ball for each color type of pokemon would be nifty (Like say a white ball would up a zangoose's catch rate, and a green ball would work on say a treecko)

ninjamon

Psychopathic Mass Killer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    Swap Ball: Has a 35% chance of swapping pokemon with your foe. If not, acts like an Ultra ball

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
  • not sure if this has been said b4 but...
    berry ball
    a normal ball that can be planted so u can get more berry balls. equivalent to a great ball.

Years
  • Evo Ball: Catch rate increases the more the Pokemon is evolved from it's starter form.

Example: Pidgey = Pokeball, Pidgeotto = Great Ball, Pidgeot = Ultra Ball.

Sorry if someone has posted something similar.

Toxic Potato

Always Sleepy
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2020
    <null> Ball - The <null> Ball makes the Pokemon you catch with it not exist. This sounds like a terrible idea, but what if that Pokemon is a Rattata, or anything equally annoying or fail? Imagine how fulfilling that would be? Completely ERASING Ratatta? That would be absolutely incredible.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2023
    Weight Ball: Works well on Pokemon who's weight is less than the first pokemon in your party..

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2011
    They should make type balls.

Like a Fire Ball works better on Fire types, Water Balls on water types, etc.

Kavii

forever my furret
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    The Gold Ball which increased the capture rate based on the ammount of money you have.

Named for the term "Golddigger".

That reminds me of the Gil Toss move you can learn in Final Fantasy - Crisis Core which is based on the amount of Gil/money you have.

That would be sweet and that would really match the Trainer class called Rich Boy. :)

I would love an Event Ball like someone else mentioned to capture event-only Pokemon in.

With that said, I'm also something of a sentimental fool so I really love the idea behind Cherish Balls and would love to have Poke Balls that could really show my caught Pokemom how much I 'love' them.

Maybe a Bonded Ball that would auto-heal + auto-HP-replenish a Pokemon that is returned to the ball. The auto-heal of status problems can be automatic, but how much HP it heals could depend on how Happy the Pokemon is with full Happiness = 100% HP replenish (thus a measure of the Bond between Trainer and Pokemon).

A Speed Ball that would guarantee that your first Pokemon in your group during a battle situation (in-game or otherwise) would be able to make a move first irregardless of your Speed stat would be awesome.

A Custom Ball which could just be like a regular Poke Ball whose design can be changed by the Trainer.

What I actually would love to be able to do is to switch my Pokemon into different types of Poke Balls. It feels a bit weird to have my favorite Pokemon in regular old Poke Balls when some of my other not-so-favorites got caught in things like Great Balls or Ultra Balls.

The Shiny Gyarados in a Premier Ball is excellent though. I'm so pleased to have caught him in that because the combination of his redness and shiny-ness and the way the Premier Ball opens to release it is just awesome.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • Dusclops Ball

The Pokemon Isn't DUSCLOPS!It's A MAGMAR!

MAGMAR Escaped And The DUSCLOPS Ball Exploded!

OR

The Pokemon Is A DUSCLOPS!

DUSCLOPS Ball Guarantees Catch On DUSCLOPS!

___ Obtained A DUSCLOPS!

Huh. What a coinkydink. This seems an awful lot like my Totter Ball from page 1/2, no?

Imaginitive. ¬.¬

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
    Years
  • The Jelly Ball

It makes the pokemon eat jelly and they will be happy.

The Ruby Ball

Makes your caught pokemon prizeworthy. And you can sell the pokemon at your local Pokemart.

The Sapphire Ball

^ same as above

The Emerald Ball

^ same but your pokemon can be sold at x2 money! And you can only get it by telling Kurt the secret password which is "ongz , gimme some emerald and ill give you my sapphire and ruby "

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    YES! no one has used MY idea:

Evolution Ball: the pokemon caught by this evolves to its next stage regardless of evolution conditions
    (perfect for pokemon who only evolve threw trade,especially when you lose your WEP&cant use WI-FI)
    and it costs:
    3000P per ball (i know most expensive ball yet) and you can only buy it at the Elite 4 :surprised: (so better start getting those badges lol)

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2010
    Legend Ball- Slightly increses chances of catching lengendary, if the pokemon your battleing the legend with is also a legendary the chances increse even more.

Back