• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Things aren't what they appear to be!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    While there are 649 officially recognized species of pokemon, with most members of an individual species looking relatively similar to one another, several Pokémon species have remarkable differences in appearance between members. At times, these differences are purely cosmetic, and have no bearing on the difference in the Pokémon's stats from another; however, several Pokémon not only differ in stats, but also type, depending on their form.

So, what would you say is your favourite pokemon that could change its form? Why do you like the forms they turn into? Do you think that these pokemon can alter their DNA in any way from this?

Just to give you a list of pokemon that can change its form from what I know of:

• Pikachu (the cosplay forms)
    • Pichu (regular / spiky haired)
    • Unown
    • Spinda
    • Castform
    • Deoxys
    • Burmy and Wormadam
    • Cherrim (during sunlight)
    • Shellos and Gastrodon
    • Rotom
    • Giratina
    • Shaymin
    • Arceus
    • Basculin
    • Darmanitan (Zen Mode)
    • Deerling and Sawsbuck
    • Meloetta
    • Genesect
    • Vivillon
    • Flabébé, Floette, and Florges
    • Furfrou
    • Aegislash
    • Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist
    • Xerneas (neutral and active mode)

Or for more detailed explanations, you can check out here!
    Like for instance, my favourite pokemon that could change its form would be Castform, because I do like how it actually changes its type according to the weather, like if its a sunny day, it becomes a fire type, and so on! So I find it a very unique pokemon out of the pokemon that change forms; though I kind of disapointed that it would not change into a rock or ground type or something of the sort when its a sandstorm. =( Oh well. And plus, its pretty cute as well. <3

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2018
    I've always been a fan of Deoxys - it's versatile as hell, what with all those additional forms, and looks brilliant (well, maybe not where the Defence form is concerned, but I'm just going to ignore that).

If we're going to go purely on cosmetics, I'm going to say Deerling/Sawsbuck. It was always fun trying to catch all forms of it - and the designs vary just enough that one can have preferences (for reference: Spring Deerling and Winter Sawsbuck are where it's at and I refuse to be told otherwise).

Years
    It's difficult for me to decide if there's one I like the most, but if I had to choose I think it would be Rotom, since it starts off weak but its form changes allow it to boost its stats and take the form of appliances. Wonder if we could use those things for our everyday activities :P

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    Cosmetically, my favourite is Deerling/Sawsbuck and Furfrou. Their forms are absolutely pointless, but they're still pretty regardless.

Battling-wise, my favourite is Shaymin. I love how both forms have different roles to offer when it comes to competitive play. Plus, both are super cute. :P

Back