• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Things in B/W that irritate you - discussion!

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
Years
  • I hate how there wasn't a congratulations you've become pokemon league champion screen that displayed all your pokemon and your play time. :<

And the ugly graphics, definitely.

Musharna

~random artist appeared~
    Years
  • Only one thing really.

The amount of wild Pokemon in the caves and while surfing. Seriously. It made me want to skip all the caves or throw the DS out of the window when every other step you take a friggin Boldore jumps at your face D: It's much better in HG where Pokemon mostly appear when you run, so you can actually investigate places and don't need a huge supply of escape ropes.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I hate how there wasn't a congratulations you've become pokemon league champion screen that displayed all your pokemon and your play time. :<

And the ugly graphics, definitely.

They did have a really cool ending with the sprites of your Pokemon, and a design based on its main typing though. I really enjoyed that :x

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
    Years
  • They did have a really cool ending with the sprites of your Pokemon, and a design based on its main typing though. I really enjoyed that :x
    I love that too but if they can make all of the pokemons appear by the trainer's side, it will be much better. That's one of the thing that I like about 4th gen.

funrush

How's it going?
    Years
  • One thing that's a really big pet peeve of mine was that you can't battle Bianca for the final time until you get into the Hall of Fame.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • They kept you from being required to use HMs, except for one instance, which is fine... but of course, that one instance forced you to use the crappiest of all HMs (in BW at least), Cut.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I hate that none of the legendaries are able to be shiny.

Well anything involving soft resetting can be shiny - for example Virizion could be shiny, it's just the mascots + Victini that can't, so really you've got a large portion of possible shiny legendaries. :3 'sides I think in the third game those three mentioned will probably be able to be shiny and in that time we can enjoy other possible shiny legendaries that I cannot find.

assassinjay1229

Im baaaack
    Years
  • Things I dont like
    OSHAWOTT lol
    how horribly pixily the back sprites are >.<
    a lot of the pokemon designs themselves
    most of the sprites and pokedex entries for 1-4th gen are the same as 4th gen ones
    the C-gear I never use it
    and the games were far to short and easy I beat White at like the 23 hour mark or so (if I remember correctly)

Last edited:

Raichupacabra

Villain
    Years
  • 1. Not much use of the touchscreen like HGSS.
    2. Not being able to SR for Reshiram or Zekrom.
    3. No Lv.50/100 so now I gotta train everyone to 100.
    4. Lack of Water Types
    5. Only the Grunts, Ghetsis and N get battled.

Years
  • - The caves going "Boldore appeared! *run* Boldore appeared! *run* BOLDORE APPEARED BOLDORE APPEARED BOLDOREAPPEARED!" I think this is the first game in the entire thing where I've made enough of a use of repels that I acutally bothered to figure out which has the best value.
    - The sudden level jump. That caught me by surprise, and was really irritating. People after the League were way more annoying than the entire League prior put together.
    - Finding out that the Forest/City has a time limit (meaning that for someone like me, who a) gets distracted by the other games I have going, and b) spends time grinding to the high heavens.

And.
    Most especially.
    The.
    RAILROADING.
    RAILROADINGRAILROADINGEVERYWHERE!
    I was just... Fffffffff *twitchtwitchtwitch* when I realised it.
    There was no freedom to pick and choose what gym you do when, unlike every other game in the series.
    R/G/B/Y/FR/LG you can pick any gym except for the last two after beating Misty to go to.
    G/S/C/HG/SS you can choose what order you fight Chuck, Jasmine and Pryce, and you can go in effectively ANY order for the post-E4, save for the 16th badge, which is fixed as Earth.
    R/S/E lets you go Roxanne-Wattson-Flannery-Brawly if you so desire, and you can fight Winona for your eighth badge if you like.
    D/P/P has, at the least, the possibility of picking if you want to fight water or fighting first.
    B/W lets you... fight the gyms in exactly the order that they are presented in the badge case and no other, forcing you to advance only in the strictly regulated perameters of the rail tracks.

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    One thing I don't like are the battle graphics. The zooming is useless and annoying and the battle backgrounds don't look aesthetic in my opinion.
    The other thing I don't like about the games is the horrible linearity of Unova. There's no way to pass further until you do something and you can't skip leaders.
    And finally, the last thing I don't like about the games are no significantly game-changing features. All of the new ones are situational, optional things like C-Gear (which I find useless), XTransciever, and the Dream World. Triple/Rotation battles occur very, very rarely. A person without Wi-Fi could feel he's playing a Gen IV game while playing B/W.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    What irritate me is:
    • -How Game Freak trolling me with such strange stat or lack of type of some pokemon. Samurott, really? Special attack higher than Attack an not Water/Fighting?
      -The music change when your pokemon is critical. I really DO irritated when the change all the sudden in fight with good music like the fight against Cynthia.
      -How the wild pokemon and trainer feels like cheating. I mean, two flinch with Headbutt in a row?(But I kinda like this! Challenge ftw)
      -How GTS still need you to get the pokemon entry before you can search them. What's the point of GTS then?

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    What irritate me is:
    • -How Game Freak trolling me with such strange stat or lack of type of some pokemon. Samurott, really? Special attack higher than Attack an not Water/Fighting?
      -The music change when your pokemon is critical. I really DO irritated when the change all the sudden in fight with good music like the fight against Cynthia.
      -How the wild pokemon and trainer feels like cheating. I mean, two flinch with Headbutt in a row?(But I kinda like this! Challenge ftw)
      -How GTS still need you to get the pokemon entry before you can search them. What's the point of GTS then?
    Oh I totally agree with you on the music change when you're Pokémon is in a pinch. I don't like it how the 'buu-puu' becomes an actual part of the theme, and it makes me want to get out of that theme even more than normal lol. Don't care if it's through dying or healing really >__>"

Jarred0809

The Eternal Lurker
    Years
  • Replacing perfectly good Pokémon with crappy new ones that look like they came from a bad ROMhack. Someone should make a patch that replaces Woobat with Zubat, Patrat with Rattata, and stuff like that except for the good pokemon (Resharim, Zekrom, the starters).

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    One thing that irritates me about b/w is the poor rematching system. Infact, last time I checked, I think there wasn't one at all.

Ashe1024

Pokemon Champion
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    -I feel like there was a lack of certain types of pokemon in Black. (Fire for example, there were barely any from what I've seen.)
    -I don't particularly care for the fact that after beating the E4/N/Ghetsis every trainer on the planet has level 60+ pokemon. Most of my pokemon were still around 48-52. Having to fight through that was a pain. 50+ would have been fine, but meh, whatever. At least it's good for experience.
    -I don't like that after defeating N/Ghetsis the E4 and Alder automatically raise in difficulty. I feel like after I worked my tail off and spent a boatload on healing items to get through the E4 the first time, I deserve the title of champion then. I can understand the reasoning behind it though, give the players something to strive for.
    -I can't stand the fact that almost ever "cute" pokemon evolves into something hideous. Nothing stays cute. Can I have Eevee back now, please? (That's just the girly girl in me.)
    -I have very few friends that play pokemon. (I'm an army wife, I have very few friends in general.) So the C-Gear was near worthless to me. One of the reasons I've joined this site. I need more pokemon friends. lol.
    -The same thing that has bothered me about every pokemon I've played since I started with silver (I did go back and play red and blue though and have yet to play soulsilver/heartgold)... I loved in Silver that when I finished in Johto I could travel to Kanto. There were new pokemon, new gym leaders and it was fun! Why was this taken away in all the games since?!?!?! (Aside from where the regions are geographically of course.)

And to the two people who mentioned lack of a vs recorder, I have one in black??

Back