• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Things you just figured out.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
  • There was a thread for this but I think it's at least a month old and I can't find it. So I decided to make a new thread.

So was there anything about the series that you didn't know before, but know now?

Here's mine: I just figured out Chingling gets LEVITATE.

How? For it's evo I can understand, but Chingling itself is standing on it's feet! Well, at least in his Plat sprite he stands on his feet.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • This one is really embarrassing, but... uh, I've lived my entire life thinking that Slowbro evolves directly into Slowking, and I only recently found out the shocking truth. When I first learned that Slowking is actually a branched evolution of Slowpoke, all of my hopes for a Mega Pikachu were completely crushed... it was depressing, okay? ;_;

On a brighter note, I just found out today that Diglett can somehow learn Aerial Ace through a TM! (Don't ask me how. xD) This image suddenly started making more sense, despite not making sense at all haha.

Things you just figured out.

Years
  • -Just learned i can trade-evolve whatever i need to using my pkm Y and AS + GTS!

-Didn't know til a few days ago, Shiny does not affect stats.

-Learned what IVs are and how to manipulate them via breeding.

-Didn't know for Probopass was steel. Thought it was rock.

-Somehow, never even heard of Secret Bases until recently. (and i still have my GBA sapphire cartridge game)

-recently discovered Hidden abilities.

So yeah.. big year for me and pkm knowledge. I'm sure they're's more...

Years
  • Often shocked when I learn a pokemon's size. They are never as big as I imagine they should be . like snorlax seems like it should be at least 10ft..and Kyorgre for example I though was like building size. But it's just a little bigger than the Trainer lol..

ShinySquirtleSquad

ShinySquirtleSquad
    Years
  • Often shocked when I learn a pokemon's size. They are never as big as I imagine they should be . like snorlax seems like it should be at least 10ft..and Kyorgre for example I though was like building size. But it's just a little bigger than the Trainer lol..
    Yeah the other day I discovered that I (5'10") am taller then the average charizard (5'7")

Years
  • Every once in a while I learn/realize I've been pronouncing some Pokémons name wrong.
    The most recent ones being Rayquaza (as "Ray-qaza"), Arceus (as "Ar-seeus") and Chimecho (as "Chime-cho")

Years

This one always gets me too. I especially flipped my **** when I learned how MASSIVE Ho-Oh is. I expected it to be like, four or five feet tall at most. Nope, turns out Ho-Oh is literally a giant.

Years
  • - In generation VI, I didn't know that TM can be used more than once, so I ended up not using any TM for my journey in hopes of saving it for the right pokemon.

- I didn't know that male pokemon can be bred with ditto. So who's delivering the egg? Ditto or the male?

- I didn't know about Cresselia before. When I hear her name, I always thought of Roselia. {XD}

ElCabron

Su Cabronito!
    Years
  • Good thread. Specially about pokemons sizes. I was actually more surprised on how big Arcanine is. Ho-Oh is indeed a beasssst! I loved have him on HG.

On a note, I didn't knew Ransei had Arceus' shape. It all did make sense in the end. And that, in the beginning of Pokemon Conquest, during the first chapter when you got Aurora and Hideyoshi has Ignis, it forms a pokéball. White below, red above, with a dot in the middle. Check it out when you can!
    That also Ransei isn't that old, as their world is older than Kanto, etc. It seems all events are happening during the same time some other pokemon game is, because of Valora and Motonari's speech. Really fun!
    Annnd that I can relate Link, in Pokemon Conquest, not to levels but friendship, which makes the game 1000 times more fun. Although it is still depressing you're making pokemons fighting other wild pokemon to train. But that also the game does remind you fighting other trainers is a better and more effective way. Isn't it fun?

Years
  • While we're still on the sizes of Pokemon, I never quite realized the size difference between Confined Hoopa (1' 8" and 20 lbs.) and Unbound Hoopa (21' 4" and 1080 lbs.) until just the other day. I mean, I knew it got a fair amount larger, but that's like your everyday cat, and suddenly making it taller than a two-story house.

Years
  • Usually Pokemon sizes for me, I remember my reaction to seeing Wailord's size, the largest of all Pokemon. I was also shocked at learning how teeny Roselia was, and it's even worse when you learn it's depicted bigger in the anime.

Back