• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

PelipperMail

Banned
    Years
    Volcarona's orange, or if you follow the dex colours, then they are white.

I have a theory that Gamefreak only bought the domain "Pokémon Gray" in an attempt to steer us clear of the third game's real name. Which is Crimson, and as mentioned earlier, perhaps Gamefreak will 'pull a Crystal' and possible have bigger plans for Landorus.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Hmm, I never thought of it that way either they have created three domains to puzzle us, or will use one for the third game and two for futre generations.

blue

gucci
    Years
    It's all rumors but they never denied it, going by previous generations it's likely that there will be considering they have missed out some obvious features that appeared in third installments, we've yet to discover into the Shadow Triad, N'S history in-depth etc. Just the name will be a throw off IMO.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I can see Volcarona as the third mascot if it's not Kyurem,as it lives in the castle that belonged to the King of Unova or something like that which was also the location of the white/dark stones before Lenora found them in the desert which connects it a little to Reshiram/Zekrom. Also Volcarona has pretty high stats and has a legendary like aspect to it despite having a pre evo similar to Arcanine . Also at one point Plasma is after it post game. If Kyurem is the third version mascot then I think that they should at least expand Volcarona's plot in the story line.

PelipperMail

Banned
    Years
    ... Lenora found them [the white/dark stones] in the desert which connects it a little to Reshiram/Zekrom.

Oh, that's neat, I'd never even realised that before - to me, this actually reveals a lot. How unexpected would it be? This discovery allows (but its not limited to) either Pokémon Crimson or Brown to be used. I suppose now Toujour's idea isn't completely out of the question. :)

blue

gucci
    Years
    They have created more than one domain because they know that fans will discover it before being unveiled so they have to have multiple domains so nothing can be confirmed untill GF announce it.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Volcarona as the mascot would just be way too meh for me to be honest. Mainly due to it's availability, even the Champion has one. Honestly, I don't think we're going to see anything too out of context from the first games, so even if Valcarona has a connection to Reshiram and Zekrom (which I don't think is a very strong one) I don't think it has any bigger potential than a Pokémon like Kyurem.

As for names. I came up with "Luster Version" for the cover art contest a while back. I think Luster wouldn't be so bad. Gray would just be the predictable and boring choice.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    "Pokémon Grey" is an extremely obvious conclusion to come to for Pokémon game names, so as such it makes sense for Nintendo to protect their IP by registering that domain, along with a few other domains that are mostly similar as to not give the impression they're doing something completely specific.

Note that I don't believe for one second they're 100% using Grey as the title of the next game, but it makes sense to have it so someone else can't use it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    Pokemon chrome is a better name than grey.

Seeing that Junichi Masuda revealed N's name, maybe the 3rd game is coming soon.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Oh, that's neat, I'd never even realised that before - to me, this actually reveals a lot. How unexpected would it be? This discovery allows (but its not limited to) either Pokémon Crimson or Brown to be used. I suppose now Toujour's idea isn't completely out of the question. :)

I can see Volcarona as the third mascot if it's not Kyurem,as it lives in the castle that belonged to the King of Unova or something like that which was also the location of the white/dark stones before Lenora found them in the desert which connects it a little to Reshiram/Zekrom. Also Volcarona has pretty high stats and has a legendary like aspect to it despite having a pre evo similar to Arcanine . Also at one point Plasma is after it post game. If Kyurem is the third version mascot then I think that they should at least expand Volcarona's plot in the story line.

Such good reasoning, omg. There's also the fact that a sage is found where Volcarona is too that adds to that :x And that it's an important part of the storyline HMMM.

You know, in the third game, I want to see the Abundant Shrine play an important role. It's... completely useless in terms of "legendary location" as far as I'm concerned. :( I mean I didn't discover it for a while (lool) but when I did, I was let down. Why just kids? Why not some old man? Maybe Plasma can make a resurface there! Or it could be expanded, I mean, Landorus doesn't have to be essential to the game, but still.

Lezza

The Guy who loves Braviarys
    Years
    Grey is also a very boring and unattractive colour, Using Grey might have a lower amount of people buying it, than if The game being named Crimson or Chrome

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I disagree tbh. I think people would buy it no matter what name it has, in fact, I think people will buy the title of Grey MORE because they'd associate it the most with Black and White and remember how awesome they are! But really, people don't buy games on the titles, rather the content. If anything, the cover legendary will sway people the most. :x

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Kyuremu would be a good mascot for the 3rd game, in my opinion. But the name Gray isn't good enough for me, even though I personally don't mind if that's the name. Kinda like how DP's 3rd Game turned out to be Platinum. Who knows, maybe they'll pick other names than Gray.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I disagree tbh. I think people would buy it no matter what name it has, in fact, I think people will buy the title of Grey MORE because they'd associate it the most with Black and White and remember how awesome they are! But really, people don't buy games on the titles, rather the content. If anything, the cover legendary will sway people the most. :x
    Well yes, a lot of fans will buy the games no matter what the name turns out to be. But Game Freak has to appeal to newer gamers, as I'm sure a majority of sales do come from them due to old gamers growing out of Pokémon (that's just how I see it) I don't really think Gray is a great name, even if it would go well associating with Black and White. Though I would agree that the cover legendar- wait a second, ha - I'd laugh so much if they put a normal Pokémon on the cover instead. Somewhat like yellow (though Pikachu is/was the mascot). I'd love that so much more better. /haha, I know it won't happen. Wait, then that also goes into Volcarona discussion too, but idk something else.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    I really hope they make the back spirits cleaner, it's annoying because the 4th gen's back spirits were better.

I'm also pissed off because they had the chance to announce a new game in September I think it was a perfect time for it, the weird thing that they said that it will be a major shock announcement, but it turns out that it's just another spinoff game, this makes think that they changed some plans since many fans expected it to be a main game...

Here's what I think what will happen:
    December 2011: the announcement of the 3rd game, releases in April 2012.
    June 2012: the announcement of the R/S remakes, releases in November 2012.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
    I really hope they make the back spirits cleaner, it's annoying because the 4th gen's back spirits were better.

I'm also pissed off because they had the chance to announce a new game in September I think it was a perfect time for it, the weird thing that they said that it will be a major shock announcement, but it turns out that it's just another spinoff game, this makes think that they changed some plans since many fans expected it to be a main game...

Here's what I think what will happen:
    December 2011: the announcement of the 3rd game, releases in April 2012.
    June 2012: the announcement of the R/S remakes, releases in November 2012.

Although theres a posibility.. I dobut they would release both the Third game and an RS remake within a space of 8 months.. I see one of them being released early 2013.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back