• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    The fact that Giritinia got a new forme for Platinum and Kyurem is most predicted for the mascot fitting for Grey it all seems to be sliding into place although nothing's confirmed yet.

Kurem definitely needs more attention in the next game. He is too far, and too much ignored. So I really hope he is given more love in the third game.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    "What is the mystery behind Kyurem !?"

"Going to reveal Kyurem's unseen power !!"

I'm still thinking that it doesn't hint about Grey in this year, because R/S remakes should be first.
    That article in Corocoro could be hinting to Ice Burn and Freeze Shock attacks for Kyurem. They are hidden in B/W scripts, so they are literally Kyurem's unseen power. I think they will be obtainable from event connected to new movie without releasing Grey. Otherwise why would they leave those moves in B/W ?

Corocoro is acting like we don't know about those hidden moves. If this article was about new form they wouldn't call that "unseen power" because changing form is something that can be seen.

I'm not saying I don't want Grey but it would be nice to release R/S remakes on their 10th anniversary. Another year of delaying them would be not fair for R/S/E fans.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    "What is the mystery behind Kyurem !?"

"Going to reveal Kyurem's unseen power !!"

I'm still thinking that it doesn't hint about Grey in this year, because R/S remakes should be first.
    That article in Corocoro could be hinting to Ice Burn and Freeze Shock attacks for Kyurem. They are hidden in B/W scripts, so they are literally Kyurem's unseen power. I think they will be obtainable from event connected to new movie without releasing Grey. Otherwise why would they leave those moves in B/W ?

Corocoro is acting like we don't know about those hidden moves. If this article was about new form they wouldn't call that "unseen power" because changing form is something that can be seen.

I'm not saying I don't want Grey but it would be nice to release R/S remakes on their 10th anniversary. Another year of delaying them would be not fair for R/S/E fans.
    No, I don't think it would be nice if the R/S remakes comes first, it wouldn't have more features and updates like HG/SS did, a lot of people rushing on the remakes before Grey, without realizing that it's better if it comes after Grey.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I think the R/S remakes will be the first mainstreams on 3DS which will be a huge success and in order for that to happen it needs preparation, planning and months of work and effort, in fact the later the better really and as impatient as I am it's worth the wait. Besides we'll have Pokémon Grey to keep us busy or whatever other game they decide to spring out this year.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I agree, R/s should come last as it'll have the most updates and best graphics of the generation...
    Also I feel like Unova should be over with, one of the reasons why Firered and Leafgreen came out first was so that fans could get the Kanto pokemon and others cause rs cut off the region from the past two gens...
    While DP and Bw don't have that problem allowing for Pt and G to come out in secession to their duel versions...

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    No, I don't think it would be nice if the R/S remakes comes first, it wouldn't have more features and updates like HG/SS did, a lot of people rushing on the remakes before Grey, without realizing that it's better if it comes after Grey.

Which exactly features? Battle Frontier? Gym leaders rematches? Those features were all already in Emerald, so they could be added to R/S remakes before Grey. Also if R/S remakes will be first they could also have improved Elite Four teams in post-game because it's already in B/W.

They could also add feature of Pokemon following player in R/S remakes and later in Grey.

G/S/C didn't have all that features like Emerald did, so no wonder HG/SS were released after Platinum. They could also add Pokemon following player already in Platinum. It's disappointing they didn't.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    Which exactly features? Battle Frontier? Gym leaders rematches? Those features were all already in Emerald, so they could be added to R/S remakes before Grey. Also if R/S remakes will be first they could also have improved Elite Four teams in post-game because it's already in B/W.

They could also add feature of Pokemon following player in R/S remakes and later in Grey.

G/S/C didn't have all that features like Emerald did, so no wonder HG/SS were released after Platinum. They could also add Pokemon following player already in Platinum. It's disappointing they didn't.
    FR/LG didn't have Pokemon animations because it came before emerald, HG/SS wouldn't have
    animation of the trainers and Vs bars and other stuff if it came before platinum , they could
    add cool things that we still don't know about it in Grey, so it would be better if Grey comes first.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    There's already been over a year-long gap since the last Pokémon game came out for them to have a proper amount of time to make what they wanted to. Games are made so far in advance that everything important would have been feature-locked for a while and things would've probably been decided on for both games in production at once regardless of which comes first.

Sure, some things won't be in 2012's game that will be in 2013 or 2014's game but at the same time there's things that have been missing from games that came later too, so it doesn't really matter.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    FR/LG didn't have Pokemon animations because it came before emerald, HG/SS wouldn't have
    animation of the trainers and Vs bars and other stuff if it came before platinum , they could
    add cool things that we still don't know about it in Grey, so it would be better if Grey comes first.

Animations of trainers and vs bars are not such a big deal, they can be added even if remakes would be first.

They would add those things in FR/LG if they wanted to, but FR/LG were created IMO only to help people complete Pokedex, considering how quickly they were released. They were created with very little care about cool details.
    Some little islands with remixed music from G/S/C weren't really creative additions to those games. Also as 3rd gen games they still have old physical/special system of attacks making them even more boring.

There's already been over a year-long gap since the last Pokémon game came out for them to have a proper amount of time to make what they wanted to. Games are made so far in advance that everything important would have been feature-locked for a while and things would've probably been decided on for both games in production at once regardless of which comes first.

Sure, some things won't be in 2012's game that will be in 2013 or 2014's game but at the same time there's things that have been missing from games that came later too, so it doesn't really matter.

Exactly, for example there is visible Day/Night system in gen 2 which is missing in gen 3 and returned in gen 4 because gen 2 remakes were planned.

So saying that R/S remakes should be after Gray because they will be more updated is not true at all. Remakes and Grey will be as updated as were planned before. One game can't have all features that exist in Pokemon games.

HG/SS came out after Platinum but don't have some features from Platinum for example exploring Underground, taking part in Pokemon Contest or having mansion and buying furniture for it.

R/S remakes and Grey regardless which will come out first will have different features as well. In R/S remakes they will be for example more dive areas, Secret Bases with buying furniture for them and Pokemon Contest. For Grey they will be for example Subway Battles and Pokemon Musical.

Last edited:

Years
    And that is why I think fr and lg came first too...and I don't think they wanted to repeat the same thing with Hg and Ss so they made them last and will proably do the same with Mag- uh whatever the remakes are called...
    Anyways back on topic, What if Kyurem' new forme is only a less cracked and slightly more powerful version...I mean Genosect's discs only change the typing of it's signature move and the color of the disc on it's back...I would be so angry if that was it...

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    And that is why I think fr and lg came first too...and I don't think they wanted to repeat the same thing with Hg and Ss so they made them last and will proably do the same with Mag- uh whatever the remakes are called...

FR/LG are simplified not because they were released before Emerald but because they were made and released fast.

I'm sure R/S remakes will be done at very high level just like HG/SS. Like I posted before it doesn't really matter now which game will be released first because there will be always some features exclusive for each game.

The main reason why I want R/S remakes in this year is their 10th anniversary. It's been a long time since Hoenn appeared in games.

And please stop posting that later released game will be more updated because I posted before why it's not true.

Years
    Well Firered and Leafgreen came out 6 or so years but then again they were rushed remakes...
    Now on hints, there are much more hints that Grey will follow BW on the moment...in the anime,ect. So even though I love Hoenn I stand to reason that The third version is to follow.
    A thought just occured to me...what if Grey is the last game in the ds platform as mentioned before...then the remakes will likely be for the 3ds...

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    You misinterpreted The 100 Mega Shock's statement. In which case, the third generation's planning purposely chose not to display the time of night. Would it have been for a result of planning a remake? Heck no. It's inconceivable that they'd been planning to remake the games so early in Ruby/Sapphire's development, so it wouldn't be an arbitrary reason to exclude the day and night cycle. That's pretty much saying "Oh, we won't be making HG/SS until the next generation of Pokémon games, so let's not put day and night in." Having a remake of the first generation Pokémon games wouldn't have even gone past the plans right at the start of Ruby/Sapphire's development.

We might as well be saying that Black/White will have a Crystal remake because the Day and Night system returned again.

I don't agree with this. They always plan games very much earlier than you think.

They must had planned D/P/Pt and HG/SS before 3 gen, because in G/S/C Ruins of Alph there are ancient puzzle and all forms of Unown to be unlocked. And that's all. It was obvious that there must have been something more about this place. Ruins of Alph were clearly left in mystery to expand their meaning in HG/SS in which player must bring Arceus there to see that this place is in fact portal to Sinjoh ruins.

Also there is a proof that B/W must had be planned during development of R/S. In Devon Corp one of the scientists says that they are working on machine which can make visual projections of Pokemon dreams. It must be connected to Dream World which was introduced in B/W. So that means that in R/S remakes Dream World will be first shown to player in Devon Corp.

Zet

Years
    I don't agree with this. They always plan games very much earlier than you think.

They must had planned D/P/Pt and HG/SS before 3 gen, because in G/S/C Ruins of Alph there are ancient puzzle and all forms of Unown to be unlocked. And that's all. It was obvious that there must have been something more about this place. Ruins of Alph were clearly left in mystery to expand their meaning in HG/SS in which player must bring Arceus there to see that this place is in fact portal to Sinjoh ruins.

Also there is a proof that B/W must had be planned during development of R/S. In Devon Corp one of the scientists says that they are working on machine which can make visual projections of Pokemon dreams. It must be connected to Dream World which was introduced in B/W. So that means that in R/S remakes Dream World will be first shown to player in Devon Corp.

You sound like a conspiracy nut case. At the time Dream World would have only been a concept(if it was actually thought of then) but as technology involved it would have been added to the games eventually. In fact it could have been added in D/P/Pt or even HG/SS.

I might as well add more to your delusion by saying that the next generation of pokemon will be based on France, because of all the french NPCs we've met over the last few games.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    They don't have solid plans. They didn't even plan too far for Red/Green (development for which mostly wrapped up at the end of 1995) until it became the success that it was. It took them four years to release the second generation games.

Okay, I agree on that during development of 1 gen they most likely didn't have solid plans because nobody would know if Pokemon franchise will be successful. They weren't even releasing first Pokemon games outside the Japan for about 2,5 years.

After 1 gen success they must have realised that Pokemon franchise will be their money earning machine for many years. So it's very possible they started to have solid plans for all games in franchise even including those which aren't released yet. Having billions earning franchise is too serious to not have planned it carefully earlier.

That's how I see it, if you don't agree, it's okay.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Okay, I agree on that during development of 1 gen they most likely didn't have solid plans because nobody would know if Pokemon franchise will be successful. They weren't even releasing first Pokemon games outside the Japan for about 2,5 years.

After 1 gen success they must have realised that Pokemon franchise will be their money earning machine for many years. So it's very possible they started to have solid plans for all games in franchise even including those which aren't released yet. Having billions earning franchise is too serious to not have planned it carefully earlier.

That's how I see it, if you don't agree, it's okay.
    I do agree . I personly believe that they plan out all the Pokemon games in a generation from the start

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back