• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I'm actually looking forward to a third game, I want to see the new features they implament, it will be intresting to see their attempt of toping B/W.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    I'm actually looking forward to a third game, I want to see the new features they implament, it will be intresting to see their attempt of toping B/W.

Which, to be honest, won't be that hard. Sorry if that sounded blunt, but, as usual, they left out stuff like a Battle Frontier. Also, I think we should get another island to explore, akin to Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. While I love exploring a couple more routes after beating the game, the post game content isn't that great, especially when compared to Pokemon Heart Gold and Pokemon Soul SIlver. Just another island to explore would be great. Also, musicals are pretty Trubbish as well. I complete a musical expecting a reward and, to my suprise, I get props to be used in the musicals. :L We need ribbons and competition. I even kinda miss the Super Contests when compared to the Musical. I also hope they improve the animations so they are smoother. I'd like th Pokemon following feature to return as I personally loved it, but it wouldn't suprise me if they're saving it for the R/S remakes, if they are made. I believe Kyurem will get a form that is stronger than Reshiram and Zekrom, or at least on par with them. But who knows. :S I think that is about it. X'D

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
    My guess is that it will be "Pokemon: A tale of love and hate, and above all, frustration". XD. Just kidding. And it probably wont be Gray or Brown..since gray signifies dullness, and it would be admitting that pokemon is kinda getting more boring (even with the new updates like DW) its just progressivly getting more and more boring and dull, but hey, I like that. Much better than just changing the whole game completely. Anyway, back on topic, I dont think it will be colors like brown either, seeing as brown could signify crap..another way to admit their games are going down the toilet :s. Im guessing it wont just be a color, or gem, but some totally new name.. For the mascot..Most likely it would be Kyu, but im hoping not and that they will just bring out some new dragon type (go dragonnssssss...) ^_^. Though the storyline would probably remain the same, or close to it, maybe having a few tweaks here and there to pique our interest, like the worlds weather going crazy and we just haaaavveeeee to capture/defeat a legendary to make sure the world doesnt end. Im guessing its gonna have a predictability to it, yet no one will be able to guess what it is XD. That is, if they make a new one ^_^.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I think that Kyurem will get a form stronger than the two I also think that N will get Zekrom (Ideals) and Ghetsis will some how get Reshiram (Truth) just to have the whole trio fight...

Theab95

Legend hunter
    Years
    If you go at serebii.net there's a new Pokemon game to be announced,no details are
    known whether it's a spin-off or not, I hope it's the third game.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    That's extremely unlikely considering it took Game Freak two years to develop Emerald and Platinum. They can't pump out a game that's any good with just a year of development time.

TheMysteryEgg

Pokemon Breeder and Fuzer
    Years
    It would probably be the RS remakes before Gray. It's simply because fans would probably get a remake of RS than get the remake of the game that was just made a year or 2 years ago.

AusDon

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    I think that they should make Gray a console game, for the Wii or something.
    Like pokemon stadium--but with a short storyline.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    There was less than a year between HGSS and BW. I think it is either the RS Remakes or Gray, as I expect it to be called. I seriously hope it's not a spin-off

HG/SS was the work of a mostly separate team of staff compared to those that worked on BW - not to mention that Black and White were in development for a very long time as smaller teams worked on making Platinum and HG/SS. Those people I don't know what they're doing now but it's likely, once HG/SS came out, they were absorbed into the BW team to finish off developing the game, leaving pretty much their entire staff busy for that period of time.

A year is not sufficient time for Game Freak to sit down, discuss what they can change in the next game following feedback from players, then go through the planning and designing stages of all the new content to be added into the game, have their artists draw all the new assets, have their programmers code all the new features and new content, and finally have the game tested and certified in time to be released this year. Let alone create a brand new game.

Even if it did it would mean that the game would have much less changes to it than we saw in Emerald and Platinum.

Boonzeet

Pokémon Secrets of the Ages Developer
    Years
    I also hope they improve the animations so they are smoother.

Just a peg on that line - you have no idea how hard it is to smoothly animate sprites like that, let alone do that for 650 of them. They've done a brilliant job, most of the animations are really smooth for pixel art.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Just a peg on that line - you have no idea how hard it is to smoothly animate sprites like that, let alone do that for 650 of them. They've done a brilliant job, most of the animations are really smooth for pixel art.

Yeah, I guess it's just mainly the backsprites that irritate me. I'd rather have them already close up than being low quality for the rest of the battle to be honest (similar to D/P.) Also, assuming Gey (or whatever is called) is on thwe 3DS, there would be more space to have better animations. However, it might still be on the DS, in which case I guess I can excuse the animations. I just wish the backsprites were already zoomed in so they aren't as bad. ASs for the animated front sprites; I can tolerate them. And I do understand the effort to animate them, but remember they did create overworlds of all the Pokemon when Heart Gold/ Soul Silver came out, including shinies etc., so I'm sure smoother animations wouldn't be too much of a hassle for Game Freak to do.

But I understand both of your points. I wonder how much space was consumed creating Castelia City, but thinking about the effort and space to animate all 649 Pokemon (including formes.) Wow. But it still annoys me a little though. X'D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2011
    I say the third 5th generation game, if any, will probably be named Pokemon Brown.
    'Grey' seems unlikely because not a single special edition of Pokemon was a mixed color/metal/gem between their generations (Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum) and I don't think the 5th generation will be any different.

As an mascot I'd love to see Meroetta, though that most likely won't happen (being an event pokemon and all). So I guess it would be either Randorosu or Kyuremu.

I dont think it will be kyurem cos u can get that in black or white + its very easy to catch for a legendary. rayquaza etc wasnt available in emerald/ruby etc apart from by trade rite?

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
    Years
    I dont think it will be kyurem cos u can get that in black or white + its very easy to catch for a legendary. rayquaza etc wasnt available in emerald/ruby etc apart from by trade rite?

You can say the same logic with Giratina and Rayquaza though... All of those guys have a catch rate of 3, so Kyurem doesn't really have any particular disadvantage towards any of them (Unless you count its typeset or something).

Rayquaza was definitely obtainable in Ruby. Just go to Sky Pillar after you beat Steven... Same with Emerald. Heck, it'd be a little odd if you can't get the Pokémon they put up on the cover of their game, now, right? xP

There isn't really much choice other than Kyurem, it seems... o_O Many people speculated that Kyurem is related to the other two, and the other legendaries don't really make as much sense... Haha, it'd be cool if Landorus was the mascot for the new version though, I'll admit.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    Rayquaza was catchable in all three games just like Kyurem and Giratina. But I don't like the name grey. My hopes are on Brown or a different name similar to Grey/Gray.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    And I do understand the effort to animate them, but remember they did create overworlds of all the Pokemon when Heart Gold/ Soul Silver came out, including shinies etc., so I'm sure smoother animations wouldn't be too much of a hassle for Game Freak to do.

Third Game Speculation

A 28 by 24 pixel sprite with two/three (it's just the same frame flipped) frames of animation. The sprites are also nearly all symmetrical.

Third Game Speculation

A sprite over two and a half times times larger, which needs several times as many frames of animation to appear smooth. They're on a totally different level.

I'd like to showcase any RPG game with over 1,000 smoothly animated creature sprites...but there doesn't appear to be any. Even those Digimon games with larger, better drawn sprites only have three frames of animation and are never drawn from behind.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back