• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I'd love a new Pokemon as the mascot ;__;

A COMBINATION OF RESHIRAM ZEKROM AND KYUREM. Despite Kyurem being a combo of them but whatevs.

Anyway, I'd also like you know that cave on route 3, Wellspring iirc, yeah, I want that to be closed up initially and to actually confront Team Plasma somewhere else, then with Wellspring having some greater point at the end. It just seems like a waste of cave as it is now. :(

I want them to do something with the Challenger's Cave. It seems like such a waste, considering it seems to have some sort of Legendary history. Maybe we'll hear more about it in the third game. Wellspring Cave is definitely another one they need to do something with, along with the Abyssal Ruins.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    I'd love a new Pokemon as the mascot ;__;

A COMBINATION OF RESHIRAM ZEKROM AND KYUREM. Despite Kyurem being a combo of them but whatevs.

Anyway, I'd also like you know that cave on route 3, Wellspring iirc, yeah, I want that to be closed up initially and to actually confront Team Plasma somewhere else, then with Wellspring having some greater point at the end. It just seems like a waste of cave as it is now. :(

Another cave that, to me, seems to be a waste of a cave is Challenger's Cave. True, it has some tough trainers and you can find Pokemon from previous generations in it. But, there is no major trainer battle and no legendary Pokemon. I think in Grey, there may be a legendary Pokemon in Challenger's Cave because Ace Trainer Beverly says that it is said that a legendary Pokemon lives in the cave. Perhaps it will be Keldeo or Meloetta.

flamz321

Redefining the arts...
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jan 13, 2024
    The third game will probably something no one even mentions on this forum... With an entirely new Pokémon made just for the sole purpose of being the mascot.

However, my money is on something outrageous. Like... Pokémon Pink or Pokémon Orange.
    Y'know I wouldn't be all that surprised if Nintendo were just following this thread and picking ideas that we specifically HAVEN'T mentioned just to surprise us.

But I also have my money my own idea: If the third game is going to be in the future, why can't Ghetsis have died and N is now the leader of the Elite four or like the professor? Also, I think since Zekrom and Reshiram represent old and new, there might be a fusion of the two and the mythical pokemon from which they split will be reformed for you to capture in an alternate dimension. So it would be like you capture Z and R in the real world and you enter a Distortion World-esqe place and find the fusion of the two.

Dr. Montague

FOnewm
    Years
    I want them to do something with the Challenger's Cave. It seems like such a waste, considering it seems to have some sort of Legendary history. Maybe we'll hear more about it in the third game. Wellspring Cave is definitely another one they need to do something with, along with the Abyssal Ruins.

"According to Ace Trainer Beverly, there is a story that states that a legendary Pokémon is said to live in this cave. This legendary Pokémon was training its student Pokémon."

It would make sense to put Keldeo in the cave, considering that it, being the youngest and newest member of the Musketeer Quartet, could have been trained by Cobalion, the assumed leader of the group. Although by assuming that, Cobalion would be the one in the cave. >.>

Although I've never actually explored the cave myself, so I don't really know how well that would fit into place.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019

"According to Ace Trainer Beverly, there is a story that states that a legendary Pokémon is said to live in this cave. This legendary Pokémon was training its student Pokémon."

It would make sense to put Keldeo in the cave, considering that it, being the youngest and newest member of the Musketeer Quartet, could have been trained by Cobalion, the assumed leader of the group. Although by assuming that, Cobalion would be the one in the cave. >.>

Although I've never actually explored the cave myself, so I don't really know how well that would fit into place.

Well considering they've all been found in caves, this would be a suitable spot to find Keldeo. Indeed though, if you go buy that bit of trivia, it would be the leader Pokemon you would find in there. Granted, they could always come up with a story for the change of Pokemon, or even simply change the text of that Ace Trainer.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
    I have this future sight, that the third gen game will be focusing on Team Plasma trying to defend Unova from foreign species of pokemon that are currently invading the eastern parts of the region (you know, it is similar to how Platinum introduced a LOT of older-gen pokes at an earlier point in the game than Dia/Pearl), destroying the native habiats of the local Unova pokemon as well as providing competition and causing them to become more uncommon.

N will of course be torn in half about this, because he would like pokemon to stay the way they are without humans interfering, but now that the megastrong Tyranitars etc start flocking around and being more commonly found in the wild (yeah, you've all seen the signs) he is forced to take a stand and cause the wild pokemon to cool down just a bit, or should I say that he ice trying to keep the status quo? ;)

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    Going back on the topic of the moves Freeze Shock and Ice Burn (see my post on page 68), I think these moves may point to Kyurem getting a new form, or possibly TWO new forms that change with held items. If he gets one new form or does not get a new form, I think he may learn both these moves at level 100. If he ends up getting two new forms, I first of all think one will be more associated with Reshiram, and the other with Zekrom. In the Reshiram form, he will learn Ice Burn at level 100. In the Zekrom form, he will learn Freeze Shock at level 100. Just my speculation, but I think it's rather likely. Or perhaps he will change form based on choices you make in the game.

Roserade

Proud Member of the PQ.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2014
    When you really look at Kyurem, he's gray, isn't he? So, it makes sense for it to be called Pokemon Gray if Kyurem were the mascot. I would love to have a rotation battle as the first gym. Maybe, they could have more quests/activities in Black City, because other than battles, what's the point of this city? Then again, it would probably be called something gray-related. How about the Gray Zone? :D

I think we should learn more about Alder, about what his passed Pokemon actually was. Maybe, Alder would in turn show us Volcarona. Make Alder no longer the champion, he wasn't that good. How about one of the rivals? They could even bring White/(I can't believe her name is this) Hilda. >:P

I agree with you guys, add the actual sports to the sports domes, and make the Musical a competition of sorts. You could use the plane in Mistralton City to actually go somewhere, like an island where there's a (Bing Bada-Boom) Battle Frontier! I know a lot of this is impossible, but it's a fun thought. The last thing I would say, is to put the bridges with some conflict, instead of just being scenery.

jvpski3

Banned
    Years
    I'm thinking the game is Pokémon Gray.
    The mascot is Kyurem.

I'm also going with Impo abou the Gym Leader fights, but not the Deerling fella thing.
    I also hope that there is a Battle Frontier & more things! New Sprites!

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years

NAME

Pokémon Gray. I've heard Chrome as a suggestion, but knowing Nintendo, they'd keep it simple and sweet for the kiddies.

MASCOT

Again, Nintendo wants to keep it simple, so it'll likely be Kyurem. However, if anyone's noticed how parts of it seem to be missing/broken, I speculate they may give Kyurem an alternate forme like with Giratina or a completed look made just for this game.

VERSION DIFFERENCES

Well, if I recall correctly, Nintendo seemed to put both version-exclusives in Emerald but took them all out in Platinum (excluding the Dragons), so they might do one or the other with the third game. As for Drayden versus Iris, they might choose who you will fight based on your gender. And Opelucid will also look like/have the same music based on who the gym leader is (in other words, a city with techno music for Drayden and a ruin-esce town with folk-ish music). Mistralton would be a mix of fields and buildings by the runway.

Regarding Black City and White Forest, why not make a town specifically for the third game? If not, it can be like in Platinum with the two fossils: It all depends on your Trainer ID. If it's odd, it'll be one place. If it's even, it'll be the other. The same could also go for the eighth gym leader.

Finally, Triple/Rotation Battles. I'm guessing they may alternate. Like in the house in Opelucid one floor could be for Triple Battles while the other would be for Rotation Battles. However, if they want it to be an even number, they'd have to add at least one more trainer since there are seven trainers who do Triple/Rotation Battles in-game.

STORYLINE

I can honestly see N gaining control of both Reshiram and Zekrom at Dragonspiral Tower, causing Kyurem to go all mad. However, they would be at lower levels than Kyurem rather than at higher levels, just to give Kyurem a chance. I can also see N releasing both and flying off on Archeops rather than the Dragon. Or, as mentioned before, the Dragon he gets is based on one's gender or Trainer ID. However, one problem is that the Giant Chasm would either have to house another legendary (maybe one of the roaming kami trio? probably not though.) or, like with Spear Pillar in Plat., one could find both Reshiram and Zekrom. Maybe the game will even let you go as far to catch Kyurem, though I highly doubt it. I'm just not sure how they'd work that out.

I would also like to see the player getting the chance to fight the other six Sages upon meeting them after Ghetsis flees, and maybe even the Shadow Triad (though I doubt it).

Last edited:

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years

VERSION DIFFERENCES

Well, if I recall correctly, Nintendo seemed to put both version-exclusives in Emerald but took them all out in Platinum, so they might do one or the other with the third game.

Um... You can get Dialga and Palkia in Platinum if you return to Spear Pillar with the Adamant Orb and Lustrous Orb respectively.

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
    There will be MASSIVE backlash if Kyurem isn't the mascot, but the Gray/Grey spelling debate might cause a flame war here... anyway, I'm really hoping for the usual third version features to return, at the very least. GF has been trolling us by removing features and not bringing them back until the third version.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    So is this definitely happening or what?

Nope, nobody knows. :3 Thoughh that's generally why we speculate, things we hope happen, if the third game will happen, etc. What's something you'd like to see occur in B/W's third game?

Years

NAME

Pokémon Gray. I've heard Chrome as a suggestion, but knowing Nintendo, they'd keep it simple and sweet for the kiddies.

MASCOT

Again, Nintendo wants to keep it simple, so it'll likely be Kyurem. However, if anyone's noticed how parts of it seem to be missing/broken, I speculate they may give Kyurem an alternate forme like with Giratina or a completed look made just for this game.

VERSION DIFFERENCES

Well, if I recall correctly, Nintendo seemed to put both version-exclusives in Emerald but took them all out in Platinum (excluding the Dragons), so they might do one or the other with the third game. As for Drayden versus Iris, they might choose who you will fight based on your gender. And Opelucid will also look like/have the same music based on who the gym leader is (in other words, a city with techno music for Drayden and a ruin-esce town with folk-ish music). Mistralton would be a mix of fields and buildings by the runway.

Regarding Black City and White Forest, why not make a town specifically for the third game? If not, it can be like in Platinum with the two fossils: It all depends on your Trainer ID. If it's odd, it'll be one place. If it's even, it'll be the other. The same could also go for the eighth gym leader.

Finally, Triple/Rotation Battles. I'm guessing they may alternate. Like in the house in Opelucid one floor could be for Triple Battles while the other would be for Rotation Battles. However, if they want it to be an even number, they'd have to add at least one more trainer since there are seven trainers who do Triple/Rotation Battles in-game.

STORYLINE

I can honestly see N gaining control of both Reshiram and Zekrom at Dragonspiral Tower, causing Kyurem to go all mad. However, they would be at lower levels than Kyurem rather than at higher levels, just to give Kyurem a chance. I can also see N releasing both and flying off on Archeops rather than the Dragon. Or, as mentioned before, the Dragon he gets is based on one's gender or Trainer ID. However, one problem is that the Giant Chasm would either have to house another legendary (maybe one of the roaming kami trio? probably not though.) or, like with Spear Pillar in Plat., one could find both Reshiram and Zekrom. Maybe the game will even let you go as far to catch Kyurem, though I highly doubt it. I'm just not sure how they'd work that out.

I would also like to see the player getting the chance to fight the other six Sages upon meeting them after Ghetsis flees, and maybe even the Shadow Triad (though I doubt it).

Hmm, I like your opinion.

But would you face Drayden or Iris if you are the same gender or opposite gender?

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    What I was thinking is N gets Kyurem and you get to pick somehow between Reshiram or Zekrom, the other and Kyurem will be available to you sometime later.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    What I was thinking is N gets Kyurem and you get to pick somehow between Reshiram or Zekrom, the other and Kyurem will be available to you sometime later.

I was more thinking along these lines: N gets both Reshiram and Zekrom, and you get Kyurem and use Kyurem to defeat him and Ghetsis. You are able to find Reshiram and Zekrom in the post-game at level 75. What I think will happen is you get the God Stone at the Nacrene Museum, and having the God Stone in the presence of Reshiram and Zekrom causes Kyurem to awaken from it.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I've been thinking what if Kyurem had not only one new forme but two with each one knowing a different signiture move, one would the ice move that burns and the other the ice move that paralyzes.
    The Fire knowing forme would have the same base stats as Reshiram or maybe Zekrom if they want to make it the opposite of the dragons. While the electric one has vice versa stats...

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    I've been thinking what if Kyurem had not only one new forme but two with each one knowing a different signiture move, one would the ice move that burns and the other the ice move that paralyzes.
    The Fire knowing forme would have the same base stats as Reshiram or maybe Zekrom if they want to make it the opposite of the dragons. While the electric one has vice versa stats...

I actually posted about that a page or two back. Glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks that. I also think it would be cool to have an event Reshiram knowing Ice Burn and an event Zekrom knowing Freeze Shock.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back