• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I think all of you fail to realize how many connections there are in this game.

Such as

Iris and Zekrom are very much a like. Both the "younger" one, both Black(lol), and Iris is the like the symbol for young energy, likewise Shaga, for wisedom energy, ya see what I mean?

This game focuses on energy, and the common "black or whiteness" or worlds. Zekrom, electricity is known as a spark, or a flash of energy, like newborn energy. Reshiram, fire is commonly known as a "fierce but subtle" energy, so it appears wiser and more tame than electricity, like a older brother is to a younger brother.

But I see that Ice, the "cold energy", is kind of drab but extremely powerful if provoked. It's very temperamental, like a middle child, stopping fights or being the odd one out, like Kyeremu, who's definitely the odd one out. And gray fits in with Black and White, like theere are some gray areas, or exceptions to certain things. Like the distortion world.

And don't get me started on the rivals and main characters. Black seems wise and Cheren too, but the girls seem very young but full of potential, meaning Belle and White.

And I'm by no means done yet.

I did some research upon the concepts behind them, and as bulbapedia stated, "The energy dragon trio is the collective term to refer to the trio of Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem. They represent the concepts of yin and yang, and wuji, respectively."

They represent Fire-based energy, Electric energy and Cold fusion energy, I suppose.

Then I researched a little more about wuji and found this at wikipedia:
    "Chinese wuji 無極 "limitless; infinite" is a compound of wu 無 "without; no; not have" and ji 極 "extreme; earth's pole; reach the end; exhaust".
    (...) The alternation and combination of yang and yin generate water, fire, wood, metal, and earth. With these five [phases of] qi harmoniously arranged, the Four Seasons proceed through them.
    yin and yang are simply the Supreme Polarity; the Supreme Polarity is fundamentally Non-polar."
    The polarity generates non polarity.

Said that, I completely disagree with the people that don't believe Kyurem should be the mascot of the third version. Reshiran has reference to 'shiro' (white) and Zekrom has reference to 'kuro' (black). In Kyurem i could find no color hints, but suppose it'll be Gray. As for the plot, maybe the two dragons (Reshiran/Zekrom) get insane and start a war (yep, Groundon/Kyogre feelings here). This could be N's fault and you'd be supposed to find Kyurem, the balance, to bring things back to normal...

Reshiran - Ancient power source (fire) : the beginning
    Zekrom - Present power source (electricity) : the present
    Kyurem - Future power source (cold fusion, nuclear energy) : the infinite, the stillness, the balance, the future and also the ice age (why not). If you use the concept that the past and the future are the same and connected (loop), this could be both the beginning and the ending....

That's it. Hope I'm not being repetitive as I didn't read the whole thread, just some pages...

EDIT: ALMOST FORGOT
    I don't think there'll be a battle tower again, as it seems they have created a United Nations building (search for a video in youtube, i can't post links yet, sorry) wit 130 FLOORS. Presumably, they'll open it as soon as the international versions starts to be sold and will be like a Gym with trainers from all over the world...

Oh, and another thing: Someone has suggested that the new exclusive area combined Black City and White Forest and suggested the name "Gray Mountains". I thought that'd be very nice.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I did some research upon the concepts behind them, and as bulbapedia stated, The energy dragon trio is the collective term to refer to the trio of Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem. They represent the concepts of yin and yang, and wuji, respectively.

They represent Fire-based energy, Electric energy and Cold fusion energy, I suppose.

Chinese wuji 無極 "limitless; infinite" is a compound of wu 無 "without; no; not have" and ji 極 "extreme; earth's pole; reach the end; exhaust".
    (...) The alternation and combination of yang and yin generate water, fire, wood, metal, and earth. With these five [phases of] qi harmoniously arranged, the Four Seasons proceed through them.
    yin and yang are simply the Supreme Polarity; the Supreme Polarity is fundamentally Non-polar.

Said that, I completely disagree with the people that don't believe Kyurem should be the mascot of the third version. Reshiran has reference to 'shiro' (white) and Zekrom has reference to 'kuro' (black). In Kyurem i could find no color hints, but suppose it'll be Gray.

Kyurem - Future power source (cold fusion, nuclear energy) : the infinite, the stillness, the balance, the future

That's it. Hope I'm not being repetitive as I didn't read the whole thread, just some pages...

I don't think there'll be a battle tower again, as it seems they have created a United Nations building (search for a video in youtube, i can't post links yet, sorry) wit 130 FLOORS. Presumably, they'll open it as soon as the international versions starts to be sold and will be like a Gym with trainers from all over the world...

Oh, and another thing: Someone has suggested that the new exclusive area combined Black City and White Forest and suggested the name "Gray Mountains". I thought that'd be very nice.
    Good research :)
    Yeah this is basically what makes me think that Kyurem will be our third version mascot :)

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    I did some research upon the concepts behind them, and as bulbapedia stated, "The energy dragon trio is the collective term to refer to the trio of Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem. They represent the concepts of yin and yang, and wuji, respectively."

"Chinese wuji 無極 "limitless; infinite" is a compound of wu 無 "without; no; not have" and ji 極 "extreme; earth's pole; reach the end; exhaust".
    yin and yang are simply the Supreme Polarity; the Supreme Polarity is fundamentally Non-polar."
    The polarity generates non polarity.

Said that, I completely disagree with the people that don't believe Kyurem should be the mascot of the third version. Reshiran has reference to 'shiro' (white) and Zekrom has reference to 'kuro' (black). In Kyurem i could find no color hints, but suppose it'll be Gray. As for the plot, maybe the two dragons (Reshiran/Zekrom) get insane and start a war (yep, Groundon/Kyogre feelings here). This could be N's fault and you'd be supposed to find Kyurem, the balance, to bring things back to normal...

Kyurem - Future power source (cold fusion, nuclear energy) : the infinite, the stillness, the balance, the future and also the ice age (why not). If you use the concept that the past and the future are the same and connected (loop), this could be both the beginning and the ending....

Nice find! Cold fusion would be perfect for Kyuremu to represent. I don't exactly understand the mechanics behind it, but at least it is another form of energy that can complement thermal and electrical energy.

As for the time periods and sources, I would attribute Reshiram/fire to the past and Zekrom/electricity to the future, as past/future seems to evoke a better duality than past/present does and futuristic technology is commonly depicted to be electricity-based... But cold fusion as a method of harnessing energy does sound more futuristic... Maybe it could be a combination of past and future: coldness has been a latent entity since even before the harnessing of fire, thus being ancient, but through research and testing, it becomes a very viable energy for future purposes... This could form a "loop", drawing attributes from both the past and the future. Hmm...these legendaries are gradually getting more interesting!

That international pseudo-Battle Tower idea sounds awesome! I envisioned it would be similar to Mixing Records in RSE, in that a user's BW cartridge links wirelessly and shares information with copies of BW globally, so that each floor has a random Trainer whose team data is generated by being based off of one of the pieces of data submitted by other copies of BW from around the world... So every time you enter said Tower, you could face off against 130 random Trainers from around the world based on their submitted teams! :D

the pronunciation of Kyurem reminds me of Cream. LOL
    Chrome might be a good guess too... But I do prefer Gray.

Why did you have to say that... Now every time I think of Kyurem, I'll think of cream, too... :cer_no: :cer_laugh:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    I found a small theory on the internet that could give an idea.

Spoiler:

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    what if the 3rd game had a completly different storyline, what if it took place in the past? or like gold and sliver takes place sometime in the future? just a thought, i actually have some good ideas if anyone wants me to elaborate

Perriechu

Years
    3rd games tend to stay with the current storyline. Just a few Pokemon (Getting Added)

and Pokemon formes are added. I doubt they'll make it in the future and G/S took place in the future how?

And they'll just give 3rd Dragon a 3rd forme and put him in the story, plus make both Dragons catchable in one game. The theory I found explains most of it.

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    what if the 3rd game had a completly different storyline, what if it took place in the past? or like gold and sliver takes place sometime in the future? just a thought, i actually have some good ideas if anyone wants me to elaborate

Nintendo WILL NEVEA EVEA CHANGE THE STORYLINE DRAMATICALLY

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...actually, I think you mean Game Freak won't change it dramatically. :)

However, I think it's quite possible anyway, given what those who have played the games have indicated about the storyline in B/W.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    and Pokemon formes are added. I doubt they'll make it in the future and G/S took place in the future how?
    G/S took place 3 years after R/B it was really the only sequal to a pokemon game

Perriechu

Years
    Ohhh I thought you meant that G/S were set in the... Never mind.

But they will just add a new Dragon form giving it higher Base stats, maybe a little plot twist that doesn't stray to far away from the original.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    ...actually, I think you mean Game Freak won't change it dramatically. :)

However, I think it's quite possible anyway, given what those who have played the games have indicated about the storyline in B/W.
    I think it's possible too, the storyline in this game is important they can add a lot of more to it to make it even more important...it might be like E compared to RS in which Emerald had more plot than R/S
    I hope that they can give the seven sages teams to give them more importance :)

Yoshikachu

Bring on the R/S/E remakes!
    Years
    He was talking about the first three gym leaders Dent, Con, and ...forgot his name...not the last two
    Also I think they should give Dent, con and ? the starters in the rematches in the third version :)

I know he was but saying Dento Pod and Koon would be too powerful with the starters doesn't make sense as Iris and Shaga have stronger pokemon like all the pseudo legendarys

Spoiler:

That's a cool idea and it makes sense too

Last edited:

#Emochu

ujhgjkjhgkujhjkhjkhkhkhhk hjkhj
    Years

Spoiler:

Isn't that what I just explained? ;_:

I don't want it to be Gray/Grey cause its too simple.

I want to see A LOT of changes:

New Sprites
    New Areas
    New kind of battle animations (when Warubiaru uses crunch it should go up to the enemy and attack like in PBR)
    Some new forms but if you trade to B/W it will go to its first form but same stats as tthe new form.
    And updated move pools, WHY CAN'T WARUBIARU LEARN SURF??? ITS A FREAKING CROCODILE!

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years

New Sprites
    New Areas
    New kind of battle animations (when Warubiaru uses crunch it should go up to the enemy and attack like in PBR)
    Some new forms but if you trade to B/W it will go to its first form but same stats as tthe new form.
    And updated move pools, WHY CAN'T WARUBIARU LEARN SURF??? ITS A FREAKING CROCODILE!

Waruvial can't learn Surf? Whoa...that's messed up. :( What I'm aggravated about is that Rayquaza :t384: still can't learn any powerful Flying-type moves for 2 generations now (Sky Attack, Brave Bird, Gale) despite representing the atmosphere. :cer_pissed: IMO, the third version of BW has a lot that it needs to reintroduce (Follow-Me overworld feature, improved PokeDex, improved item selection [as in, what HGSS did with the Running Shoes], Contests, Pokeathlon, Battle Frontier, PokeBall Seals, the usage of the Apricorn Balls)... So much stuff that didn't need to be tampered with from Generation 4 needs to be brought back...

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    I really hope they bring back the pokemon being able to follow you. Having a Tsutarja follow me would be the best!

Kimicatdemon

One who randomly returns!
    Years
    Some features in HG/SS may return... why?

B/W has been in development for years. (according to what was said on pokemon Sunday, the C-gear took 4 years alone. So add that in plus all the other things ((Graphics overhaul, improved battle system, sprite animation...etc.)) that are needed in game development and you should be able to see that this game took some time to make. ) So I would not be the least bit surprised if B&W is where the "practiced" with trainer animation sprites before putting them in Platinum 2 years ago. And with everything mostly set with in, it probably really did only take them 2 years to revamp D&P into Platinum.

Locked running shoes, pokemon following you... well that came only a year ago with HG/SS which probably didn't take as much work as one would assume. ((the maps were made, the story was set, the gym leader and their teams were all set.)) The longest part about this would be the things that were added on. At best, I would assume 2-3 years of work on this game. At this point however, the basic format for B&W was most likely already set up, and there was no room for lock on running shoes on their current game layout, and they may not have been able to get the follow me feature scripted in. ((I have no idea how they script their things. I do know that GF has their own pokemon creation program they used to make games. I just don't know if it actually runs of C++ or another code they have.))

So don't scrap an idea just quiet yet. GF may like the idea and we may see it in 2 years in the 3rd game. It'll just take modifying layouts and messing with some code.
    ((Also, if the follow me feature is brought back, would wailord be allowed to walk with you in Huin city?))

just postin' my two cents.

Perriechu

Years

New Sprites
    New Areas

We won't get new battle animations at all! Doesn't anyone learn from the previous 3rd games. We probably won't get new sprites since we just got the Black and White ones. Why would you want to give Warubiaru surf? Sp.Atk stat is just Ew ._. We may get new areas (The version of Black City/White forest) And how did you just explain all that?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    We won't get new battle animations at all! Doesn't anyone learn from the previous 3rd games. We probably won't get new sprites since we just got the Black and White ones. Why would you want to give Warubiaru surf? Sp.Atk stat is just Ew ._. We may get new areas (The version of Black City/White forest) And how did you just explain all that?

Even if the previous third games don't have new animations, it's still likely for this one. And new sprites? Pretty sure they'll be updated, there's no reason why they shouldn't, considering they have in the past, iirc.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years

Even if the previous third games don't have new animations, it's still likely for this one. And new sprites? Pretty sure they'll be updated, there's no reason why they shouldn't, considering they have in the past, iirc.

I thought the previous third games did have new anitamtions... Oh well, I am sure it will happen with B/W too, along with a bunch of new sprites. I doubt all the pokemon will get new animations, just some, same with the sprites. I think they will do it for a little bit of change when battling pokemon. Seeing new animations in games makes a little difference in terms of exceitement and interest.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back