• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    I'm pretty sure that there would be a third game. Following the normal pattern of non remake Pokemon games, there always seems to be a third games which tends to any glitches or overall problems and enhances the feel of the story, too.

As for the name: I hope GameFreak don't make it too obvious (Grey), They should make it cool such as: Pokemon 8-bit Greyscale or Pokemon Sepia; the latter probably being the better of my two ideas. =P

Thta's what I says. I got it from the camera settings of my phone xD But also Black City/White Forest can be Sepia Town. That period of time between present day/future(Black) and past(White). Like those Western Cowboy movies. That periods of time. 1800s. You get my jist x)

Last edited:

The Red Chain

Well the name doesn't really matter, the mascot is more important for me than the name...but I personally like the sound of Pokemon Grey version :)
    I gotta agree, Pokemon Grey just doesn't have that same flare to it that Black and White do.
    It's just nowhere near as symbolic in my mind. Yin-Yang is a powerful symbol and belief to me.
    Grey has it's own charm like every other Pokemon title, but it's just not as.. grand title wise. XD;

I don't doubt it'll be an excellent game since what I've seen of White has exceeded my expectations, but the title is pretty bland for now.
    I bet it'll grow on me. I was making a face at B&W too for a little while, but that quickly went away.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I gotta agree, Pokemon Grey just doesn't have that same flare to it that Black and White do.
    It's just nowhere near as symbolic in my mind. Yin-Yang is a powerful symbol and belief to me.
    Grey has it's own charm like every other Pokemon title, but it's just not as.. grand title wise. XD;

I don't doubt it'll be an excellent game since what I've seen of White has exceeded my expectations, but the title is pretty bland for now.
    I bet it'll grow on me. I was making a face at B&W too for a little while, but that quickly went away.
    yeah most people from what I read when BW titles came out didn't like the sound of Black and White at first but they got used to it by now I'm certain the same will happen with Grey/Gray :)

Bellacrose

Lover of Wartortles
    Years
    Honestly I wish they wouldn't use yet another legendary as usual for the cover mascot and story plot yet again. Sometimes I wish it would be a plain pokemon. (Lol it should be a shiny eevee 8D *shot* It's technically.. grayish >>) But I pretty much agree they might and make it the third legendary. Although gray sounds bland as heck :I Maybe they'll give it a better name like a synonym for gray/grey. Ash doesn't sound very good.. Especially considering it's the name of one of the characters from the anime x_x

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    I'm hoping for a Battle Frontier that brings back some of the Emerald favourites. Battle Dome anyone!? Also I can see Kyurem getting a second form to make up for it's BST shortcomings. I also won't be surprised if the Bug-Steel ant or the Fire Anteater get some sort of story. A new explorable area is what I really hope for, maybe something that could put that airport to use?

Oh and of course the return of the Follow Me feature from HGSS!

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    My main would probably be the Follow-Me feature as well. I just don't see it disappearing for long,

Jameska

'Cuz God doesn't take sides.
    Years
    Judging by how they've already changed the PokeDex pattern dramatically (compared to the established pattern), and Pokemon attributes, I could see there not being a third game, or, a Generation V game, but with the previous regions. Gamefreak gave us HG and SS, like we begged, so I could see a total "Fifteenth Anniversary Re-Vamp where you could get every pokemon, even mass migration, and where you follow the stories of each region, but as mini story's, like how Raptor is set up. I know it's a near-random guess, but hey, this thread needs new(er) ideas.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    ^I have a very strong suspicion that that will be the gimmick they will use to sell the 3rd version to those that already have Black/White.

Years
    Well...looking at Platinum, I think there is a small chance they may include some of the pre-gen pokemon in the pokedex. I hope they don't though.
    The only reason they added pre-gen pokemon in Pt was because some gen 4 pokemon evolve from pre gen 4 pokemon but that isn't the case with Isshu as there are no pokemon that evolve from past gen pokemon, so it's not likely they will make the Isshu dex any longer in the third version :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I went on PokeJungle and got spoilered. Sorta. But, I saw that N's real name being revealed in the third game is a rumour currently. This makes me wonder whether there may be another villian in the third game to match N (I don't know his whole storyline but I pretty much know the basics), and whether the other villian will represent the other side, aka either nature or technology, instead of the father/son relationship, or adding to that? Idk. I think there's just a chance of another villian in the third game that isn't N or Plasma or whoever.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I went on PokeJungle and got spoilered. Sorta. But, I saw that N's real name being revealed in the third game is a rumour currently. This makes me wonder whether there may be another villian in the third game to match N (I don't know his whole storyline but I pretty much know the basics), and whether the other villian will represent the other side, aka either nature or technology, instead of the father/son relationship, or adding to that? Idk. I think there's just a chance of another villian in the third game that isn't N or Plasma or whoever.

Yeah I hope it could just be some dude with a one man army making an evil plot to control Unova and capture Zekrom and reshiram for evil or something, and N is fighting you and that new guy, and you are fighting them both.

Theab95

Legend hunter
    Years
    Yea it will likely happen, In Platinum charon new team galactic admin appeared.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Maybe Nathaniel: It comes from the Hebrew name נְתַנְאֵל/Nethan'el meaning "God has given". N was given the crown of the throne OMG I'm just speaking what I am in denial off. So he got the throne, that doesn't mean he's bad :P
    Or Nicholas: The male given name Nicholas is derived from the Greek Νικόλαος, Nikólaos, a combination of the words for "victory" (νίκη; níkē) and "people" (λαός; laós). As in Victini xD N gained victory...

I just know it's be something long, but it could be a fictional name, like Pokemon names, derived from certain words. It has to be something cool seeing as he's abbreviating it, hiding it for a reason. I don't have Black or White yet, but I can't wait for Grey, it sounds cool already xD

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years

The only reason they added pre-gen pokemon in Pt was because some gen 4 pokemon evolve from pre gen 4 pokemon but that isn't the case with Isshu as there are no pokemon that evolve from past gen pokemon, so it's not likely they will make the Isshu dex any longer in the third version :)

Tropius.

If they're going to be revealing N's name, maybe we'll get to see even more of his backstory? Can't wait :D
    Also, hopefully we'll get to battle the sages.

Years

Tropius.

If they're going to be revealing N's name, maybe we'll get to see even more of his backstory? Can't wait :D
    Also, hopefully we'll get to battle the sages.
    I hope we get to battle the sages too...they are some of the first non-battle-able admins since gen 1 team Rocket...
    I actually wonder if N isn't N's real name...maybe his father didn't care about him enough to give him a real name...and what happened to his mother? Mom's seem to vanish in pokemon for the rival (ex: Silver and N) while the father vanishes for the player (with the exception of Norman is RSE)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back