• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years

You know, at this point I'm thinking the R/S remakes are becoming less and less likely, but that's just me. .__.; I'm sure some remake or some spinoff is going to come out around the release date of the third game(which, I'll go with Mega Shock and say that it's somewhere around Spring 2012 or so), but R/S remakes...just seem a bit too farfetched. I could be wrong with this, though. I just see it as slightly unlikely. I think a spinoff is going to come around the release of the third game, or something like that.

This is just me, but I don't think the third game would have anything to do with Kyurem's color or anything. .___.; I'm thinking it's probably going to be more to it than that.

People thought GS remakes were quite unlikely after Platinum was released as the gen was ending even I was beginning to have my doubts on them until they finally revealed them so R/S remakes are still possible specially as this gen is still beginning.
    I think we will get a Battle Revolution type of game soon and a mystery dungeon to bridge BW to the third version, then Grey (name is still pending but I want it to be called Grey) will be released with a new BF, gym rematches, a mascot with a new forme, gym leaders with different Pokemon, New clothes for the Player characters,Bianca (Bel), Cheren and N,etc.
    I noticed that Kyurem came from a Meteor meaning it was abandoned or cast away when the main dragon separated if it is part of the same trio as Zekrom and Rashiram, one reason why the brothers did this? Well Kyurem is weak compared to the other two so they might have seen it as a useless by product of the separation and got rid of it.

Comokanu

Glitch Hunter
    Years
    Gray and Brown just doesn't sound right imo. But then what else? Pokémon Chrome? Pokémon Clear?

Mascot? Probably another form of Kyuremu(I'm thinking Platinum here)? Or maybe a powerful mirage Pokémon created from the fusion of Reshiram and Zekrom's super-move? Probably won't be able to capture it though.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I think that the first gym will be the same as B/W but in the rematch it will be triple battle because it will be very hard if it was triple.

This sounds very likely and possible. Gym changes are really common in third games so making the first gym a triple would be cool. I really hope they don't change the order of the gyms though like in Platinum. That wasn't a smart move :(

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Gray and Brown just doesn't sound right imo. But then what else? Pokémon Chrome? Pokémon Clear?

Mascot? Probably another form of Kyuremu(I'm thinking Platinum here)? Or maybe a powerful mirage Pokémon created from the fusion of Reshiram and Zekrom's super-move? Probably won't be able to capture it though.
    Pokemon Chrome, that might grow on me. Pokemon Clear, I can see that as a possibility. Think about it. N sees the pokemon world as Black and White. Pretty depressing isnt it. Calling it Pokemon Clear means that the world you see is no longer black nor white. To me calling it Pokemon Gray is making it more depressing :[ poor N, I just want to give him a hug. Woah what a way to get off topic for a second there lol. I am all fore Pokemon Clear. I guess not only does the name have to do with the (a?) pokemon itself, but it has to do with the storyline.

This sounds very likely and possible. Gym changes are really common in third games so making the first gym a triple would be cool. I really hope they don't change the order of the gyms though like in Platinum. That wasn't a smart move :(
    Actually I was glad they change the order. Going through Diamond was pretty tough for me, very very challenging. In platinum I was relieved.

Years
    The Metaphor of Grey though is a mix of N,X,blank,etc. compared to Black and White which are two opposites so I think Grey matches with the Metaphor of Black and White plus there is a saying that humans aren't "Black( Evil) or White (good) but Grey (both evil and good)"

Gilgαmesh

The Metaphor of Grey though is a mix of N,X,blank,etc. compared to Black and White which are two opposites so I think Grey matches with the Metaphor of Black and White plus there is a saying that humans aren't "Black( Evil) or White (good) but Grey (both evil and good)"

I only sort of agree with that concept.

I agree that Grey can be the middle-part in between black and white, but I really think something like Amethyst would suit the third game way better than just plain ol' "gray", if anything. .__.; I just want the third version's name to at least be catchy and not so boring. D:

Gilgαmesh

What would amethyst have to do with Kyurem?

Why would it need to have anything to do with Kyurem? Take a look at Platinum, for instance. Of course, they were following the chain of Diamonds and Pearls and whatnot, but I don't see what Platinums have anything to do with Giratina, either.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Why would it need to have anything to do with Kyurem? Take a look at Platinum, for instance. Of course, they were following the chain of Diamonds and Pearls and whatnot, but I don't see what Platinums have anything to do with Giratina, either.
    THANKYOU FOR SAYING THAT! lol sorry Im just glad Im not the only one. The name literaly could be anything for all we know.

Gilgαmesh

Another good example is Gold/Silver/Crystal. Lugia isn't Silver(silver is close to a grey-ish color), it's primarily white and blue in color. Ho-oh isn't gold, it's primarily red with yellow, green, and white. And I don't know what the heck Suicune has anything to do with Crystals for.

While I'm saying it's possible that it could be Grey/Gray, at the same time, it's just really unlikely.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    I do like the sound of Pokemon Clear.

I dislike people saying Giratina has nothing to do with platinum. Platinum is a metal hence having a grey tone. Giratina's body is grey also so that's their connection. Chrome would have worked too.

And I see no problem with Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum. They sound good together and even if they don't flow as all gems or all metals, they aren't meant to. Giratina is of the Distortion World, not part of that of Dialga and Palkia. Also Suicune wasn't part of Lugia and Ho-Oh's duo so that's why Crystal didn't fit in. Finally, the third game will indeed be called Grey/Gray because so far, the Pokemon generation games have gone: trio that make sense, trio that don't, make sense, don't. Hence this 5th gen's game trio should make sense and Gray/Grey fits the bill. Thank you for your time.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Another good example is Gold/Silver/Crystal. Lugia isn't Silver(silver is close to a grey-ish color), it's primarily white and blue in color. Ho-oh isn't gold, it's primarily red with yellow, green, and white. And I don't know what the heck Suicune has anything to do with Crystals for.

While I'm saying it's possible that it could be Grey/Gray, at the same time, it's just really unlikely.
    Gold Silver, maybe it was a mellenium thing, I dunno xDD Maybe the creators tossed Gold and Silver in there for the heck of it and played it off later. If they did do that, well at least it worked! lol. Also I have a little theory. Mellenium marks 1000 years right? Well the metals Gold and Silver have been around the earth for quite awhile. Also Ho-oh and Lugia have been around for a long time, which was implied in the backstory given in Crystal. Im still working on a Crystal-name based backstory theory xD

I do like the sound of Pokemon Clear.

I dislike people saying Giratina has nothing to do with platinum. Platinum is a metal hence having a grey tone. Giratina's body is grey also so that's their connection. Chrome would have worked too.

And I see no problem with Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum. They sound good together and even if they don't flow as all gems or all metals, they aren't meant to. Giratina is of the Distortion World, not part of that of Dialga and Palkia. Also Suicune wasn't part of Lugia and Ho-Oh's duo so that's why Crystal didn't fit in. Finally, the third game will indeed be called Grey/Gray because so far, the Pokemon generation games have gone: trio that make sense, trio that don't, make sense, don't. Hence this 5th gen's game trio should make sense and Gray/Grey fits the bill. Thank you for your time.
    I thought Giratina's storyline fits perfectly with Dialga and Palkia. It made sense to me. Cyrus was altering time and space. In this world that is a huge no-no. Once you alter time and space you get a new world, but it was distorted, it made sense to me. You never, ever mess with father time or mother....space. Sorry, brain freeze. xP Bad Cyrus, very very bad Cyrus! Reshiram and Zekrom are based of the yin and yang right? I dont see how Gray could fit in that concept. Ehh, I'll look it up later.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I personally think you guys are thinking to much into the reasons behind the names. To my knowledge there are no official deep meaning behind the name of the games besides the pokemon looking similar in color . If I'm wrong please bring it to my attention . So even tho I don't like the name grey it will probably be the name, not because of some deep meaning of ying and Yang but because it fits and its similar to the color of the third dragon.

Now i do know there may be an exception for black and white as the mascots are switch for the version to but im guessing it was to make the box art more attractive

Last edited:

Years
    I personally think you guys are thinking to much into the reasons behind the names. To my knowledge there are no official deep meaning behind the name of the games besides the pokemon looking similar in color . If I'm wrong please bring it to my attention . So even tho I don't like the name grey it will probably be the name, not because of some deep meaning of ying and Yang but because it fits and its similar to the color of the third dragon.

Now i do know there may be an exception for black and white as the mascots are switch for the version to but im guessing it was to make the box art more attractive
    Yeah there is no connection other than the color of the pokemon with the exception of BW which have a deeper meaning to them than the other game...wait take that back Gold and Silver and thus their remakes referred to a song I believe (forgot which one though Gold could also refer to Heart of Gold which is a very kind person then again BW could also refer to both Michael Jackson's song and the Yin and Yang meaning xD)

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Yeah there is no connection other than the color of the pokemon with the exception of BW which have a deeper meaning to them than the other game...wait take that back Gold and Silver and thus their remakes referred to a song I believe (forgot which one though Gold could also refer to Heart of Gold which is a very kind person then again BW could also refer to both Michael Jackson's song and the Yin and Yang meaning xD)
    xDD that is pretty random coming from you.

Is there a crossover between Yin and Yang? Like something in the middle to keep them going. If so I think we might have an idea of the backstory of the 3rd game. I just got lost in my thought. crap. google time!

Deep Thought

Mostly Harmless
    Years
    Is there a crossover between Yin and Yang? Like something in the middle to keep them going. If so I think we might have an idea of the backstory of the 3rd game. I just got lost in my thought. crap. google time!

Well according to Wikipedia in Taoism there is a third (kind of ethereal) concept called "wuji" and represents essentially the absence or coalescence of yin and yang. That is, it means nothingness. Not sure how that would be made into a game, though...

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Well according to Wikipedia in Taoism there is a third (kind of ethereal) concept called "wuji" and represents essentially the absence or coalescence of yin and yang. That is, it means nothingness. Not sure how that would be made into a game, though...
    nothingness; the state of nonexistence. My vote still goes for Pokemon Clear on that lol. But going by that, maybe Kyurem never existed? Maybe it was an illusion created by a blizzard.....ehh Im just wayy out there. Ughh my brain hurts! Oh thought: I cant remember exactaly who it was who said this, Bluerang1 I think? But he said something about Kyurem being the main body of Zekrom and Reshiram, and those two broke off. Could our 3rd featured legendary be Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem combined? Like Zapmolcuno from pokespe.

ramble ramble ramble, I might have a dream about Kyurem tonight lol.

Deep Thought

Mostly Harmless
    Years
    nothingness; the state of nonexistence. My vote still goes for Pokemon Clear on that lol. But going by that, maybe Kyurem never existed? Maybe it was an illusion created by a blizzard.....ehh Im just wayy out there. Ughh my brain hurts! Oh thought: I cant remember exactaly who it was who said this, Bluerang1 I think? But he said something about Kyurem being the main body of Zekrom and Reshiram, and those two broke off. Could our 3rd featured legendary be Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem combined? Like Zapmolcuno from pokespe.

Heh, that does sound a tad out there :-) I don't think Game Freak would combine pokemon for any reason, but it might be cool if they did. And yeah, Pokemon Clear does sound pretty cool! Kinda continues in the simplistic yet elegant naming theme of black and white.

Years

When I think of Nothingness I think of the color Grey ironically enough xD
    Also Clear makes me think too much of Crystal >_< Plus Kyurem looks more grey then clear to me...Eh I say go with the obvious one after all this is a odd gen not an even gen remember RGBY? All colors RSE? All stones BWG? Well they will be all shades :)

Years
    Lol I can't help but remember how the starters were revealed and people denied they were real...that same feeling is what I get from the people who don't like the sound of Grey but hey People got used to them so if it is Grey people will get used to it too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back