• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    ^ True it might be I remember that in the Pokemon Manga Pokespe Team Rocket fused the three birds and they became part dragon type, so I think they same can happen to the Dragons and their three types mixing turn to dragon it makes sense as Dragons control The elements (Ice,Fire,and Lightning (Electric))...
    Off topic: I noticed that the Pokemon special writers think up of stuff GF later uses...

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    ^ True it might be I remember that in the Pokemon Manga Pokespe Team Rocket fused the three birds and they became part dragon type, so I think they same can happen to the Dragons and their three types mixing turn to dragon it makes sense as Dragons control The elements (Ice,Fire,and Lightning (Electric))...
    Off topic: I noticed that the Pokemon special writers think up of stuff GF later uses...
    Hooray for Pokespe!!

Bleh I've kinda been out of the loop with all the news from black and white. The possibility of Kyurem Zekrom and Reshiram being fused together sounds like an awesome part of the storyline. Though I think it would fit a lot more with Team Galactic in Platinum. Anyways back onto topic that dragon combo seems great.

Years

To be honest, I almost want them to, Amethyst is such a pretty name for a Pokemon game. ♥

I'm not gonna lie, the dragon/rock typing would sorta suck to me. If anything, Dragon/Water would be better, but that would be the second Dragon/Water legendary in the Pokemon games, first obviously being Palkia. So with that being said, I think it's going to remain Dragon/Ice.
    I was hoping for Amethyst this gen but I want them to use it as part of the first two games of a gen or the third version to a pure stone gen instead as the third version to shades.
    I agree but it's possible as Kyurem seems broken due to being frozen (aka frost bite) so it has to defrost...so it could very well be Dragon/Water.

blue

gucci
    Years
    There's a possibilty it will be Grey, then it may not be, Grey seems far to obvious and if they want to make it a surprise then they will go with something thats completely irrelivant to Black & White, say Orange, Pink, Purple it sounds odd but it's a possiblity, however I do still stand by Pokémon Grey, also with the features, I'm sure we'll see Gym Leader rematches, Different Dex, Edited Storyline, Battle Tower, Stronger Gyms/Elite Four/Team Plasma/Trainers and hopefully, the return of Pokémon following you and possibly the VS. Seeker (which I highly doubt)

A possible hint to the third version being Grey (that is if the maskot is Kyurem) and most people are betting on Kyurem to be the mascot for the third game, that Kyurem is.. well Grey. and Zekrom and Reshiram are Black & White.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Depending on what platform the game is released on, that could be more true than you imagine.

Just speculation on my part, but going by the usual release schedule for Pokémon games, we'll see a 3rd Gen V game by 2012 at the earliest. At which time the DS will be over 8 years old, and 3DS will be at least one and a half years old.

loucas

100% hot
    Years
    kyurem will be something of with the powers of both reshiram and zekrom maybe, like the tale said, the two borthers(zekrom and reshiram) broke or separated into two because of different beliefs. and kyurems form might be the combination of the three.

Years
    So the third version might actually be on the 3DS. Then we could expect some more radical changes with the third version.
    That's possible seeing as C was only for GBC while GS were for the original GB similar to how BW are for the DS so G (not official name but used for naming purposes) might be for the 3DS only.

Nintendoshs

The Absol Master
    Years
    It will most likely be gray. But since they are based of yin yang it might be something like unity or just yin yang. Heck, there might not be a third game. Heart Gold/ Soul Silver had no third game and I was hoping for something like Life Crystal for them.

Years
    It will most likely be gray. But since they are based of yin yang it might be something like unity or just yin yang. Heck, there might not be a third game. Heart Gold/ Soul Silver had no third game and I was hoping for something like Life Crystal for them.
    Hg and Ss were remakes, remakes don't have third versions look at FrLg the first remakes no Lightning yellow. Yeah Gray is the most likely since gray is a mix of black and white plus N mentioned how the world was turning "Gray" and how he wanted to make it black and white again hence the foreshadowing title drop of the third version.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    I like how we are so focused on the name itself and not its contents xDD As long as its not called Gra(e)y, then Im happy :]

Twiggity Twang

Ruler of the Ice Boundary
    Years
    Grey is almost a guarantee, as there is always a third version. Also, "Pocket Monsters-Grey" would actually work for two reasons:

1. Black+White=Grey; Reshiram+Zekrom=Kyurem

2. N wanted the difference between people and Pokémon to be "Black and White," and thus Grey would refer to the "Grey area in between" (i.e., Touya/Touko and their Pokemon).

Also, as for superficial changes...
    Spoiler:

And for gameplay changes...
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    I really doubt that the 3rd version would be for 3DS :( I think the 3rd version will one of the last Pokemon titles for the Ds/Lite/I/XL

Years
    Grey is almost a guarantee, as there is always a third version. Also, "Pocket Monsters-Grey" would actually work for two reasons:

1. Black+White=Grey; Reshiram+Zekrom=Kyurem

2. N wanted the difference between people and Pokémon to be "Black and White," and thus Grey would refer to the "Grey area in between" (i.e., Touya/Touko and their Pokemon).

Also, as for superficial changes...
    Spoiler:

And for gameplay changes...
    Spoiler:
    I think N will also get a redesign along with the players.
    New Gym puzzles are practically a given seeing as all third versions had at least one gym puzzle different from the originals.

Theab95

Legend hunter
    Years
    The third version won't be on 3ds it will be both ds and 3ds also the remakes of R/S or at least that's what I hope.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    And mitigate the impact of a big system seller for the 3DS?

I'm pretty sure Nintendo can have a big say in the development of a game as popular as Pokémon if they wanted to.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Well the 3DS would have been out for 2 years by the release of the 3rd game in the 5th Gen Series so it most probally will be (thus being one of the new features)

Years

B/W has a replacement for the Battle Frontier, but I'm not quite sure what it was called. I think it was the Battle Subway or something.

This.

To be honest, in HG/SS, there was really no need for a third game, because what did Crystal honestly have that Gold/Silver didn't? Animated Pokemon? Anything really drastically different from the other games so far? HG/SS already has just about everything that would be in Gold, Silver, AND Crystal.

Since this is a completely new generation with completely new games, etc, I'm definitely expecting a third game to compliment B/W.
    I fell like the Battle subway is more of a replacement of the Battle tower and it will be expanded in the third version like the Battle tower of RS/DP were in E and P

Theab95

Legend hunter
    Years
    I fell like the Battle subway is more of a replacement of the Battle tower and it will be expanded in the third version like the Battle tower of RS/DP were in E and P
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing too, maybe they will add battle ship or battle plane and every single of them has a special battle theme, that would be awesome.

Kamitsure-chan

Massive Cynthia fangirl. :3
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 15, 2011
    I think it's rather inevitable that they'll make a third game for B/W, if they follow the pattern they've forged for themselves since the days of R/B/Y. It'll most likely be called Pokemon Gray (or Grey, whichever they decide if they do choose that as the name), and as others have said, probably Kyurem will be the version mascot. Touya and Touko will probably receive redesigns, gym leaders will have animated sprites, blah blah blah... All the typical things that normally happen in third versions will probably happen in the new third one.

They could do something cool with some of the current legendaries... Not sure what, though...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back