• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years

Black and White came out for any and all Nintendo Ds systems. However they had a Dsi exclusive feature which is the idk something call or something. What made you think Black and White were released specifically for DSiXL?

Nintendo always makes a main Pokémon game (R/B/G/Y/G/S/C/R/S/E/FR/LG/D/P/Pt/HG/SS/B/W) when a new console comes out. This time it was the DSiXL's turn. Of course you can play it on all cartridges, but since the 3DS has a new cartridge they won't be playable on other consoles. Unless it's like in the beginning when the DS was revealed ^^ That games came out on both GBA and DS consoles :knockedou

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Nintendo always makes a main Pokémon game (R/B/G/Y/G/S/C/R/S/E/FR/LG/D/P/Pt/HG/SS/B/W) when a new console comes out. This time it was the DSiXL's turn. Of course you can play it on all cartridges, but since the 3DS has a new cartridge they won't be playable on other consoles. Unless it's like in the beginning when the DS was revealed ^^ That games came out on both GBA and DS consoles :knockedou

Yes but it doesn't make the game specifically for that console. Wasn't Platinum announced when the Dsi came out IIRC. Doesn't make it Dsi exclusive. The way you put it sounded like it was XL only. Same with Gray/whatevs. It won't be released on a totally different console :/

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    I want Grey to be on the 3DS. It will make the 3D graphics so much better and it could like that Paper Mario. I want a 5 minute minimum 3D cut-scene in the games. Also I need an excuse to get a 3DS or 3DS Lite or XL in 2 years time :P

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I'm hoping that they give "Goddess of Love and the Goddess of Peace" a bit for of back story in the third game. They were handled terribly in BW.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I'm hoping that they give "Goddess of Love and the Goddess of Peace" a bit for of back story in the third game. They were handled terribly in BW.
    Agreed they need more backstory and what is their relation to N? Childhood friends? The same goes for the rest of the six of the seven sages plus the "Dark trinity"

Theab95

Legend hunter
    Years
    I don't think it's going to be on 3DS, both third version and R/S remakes will be on DS.
    By the time the 3DS upgraded after 2 years in 2013, generation 6 Pokemon will come after a year, like what they did the original DS released in 2004 in generation 3, diamond and pearl came after DS lite in 2006 released, I think they will follow this pattern, but only time will tell.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    I don't think it's going to be on 3DS, both third version and R/S remakes will be on DS.
    By the time the 3DS upgraded after 2 years in 2013, generation 6 Pokemon will come after a year, like what they did the original DS released in 2004 in generation 3, diamond and pearl came after DS lite in 2006 released, I think they will follow this pattern, but only time will tell.

That leaves the 3DS going three years without a real Pokémon game? I don't think Nintendo would be very happy with that.

Last edited:

Deep Thought

Mostly Harmless
    Years
    That leaves the 3DS going four years without a real Pokémon game? I don't think Nintendo would be very happy with that.

Yeah I think that at least the RS remakes will be for the 3DS for sure, if not the 3rd game, but now we're kind of moving away from Third Game speculation :-)

Last edited:

Comokanu

Glitch Hunter
    Years
    How about a DS cartridge, when once plugged into a 3DS takes advantage of the 3DS' exclusive features like they did with B&W(Took advantage of DSi's exclusive features when plugged into a DSi) but works like a DS of DSi game when plugged into those devices.

Or is that too much on one tiny cartridge? It would be wise for GF to do this.

But anyway. I want Pokémon to be walking behind me. I feel lonely without them aside me.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    How about a DS cartridge, when once plugged into a 3DS takes advantage of the 3DS' exclusive features like they did with B&W(Took advantage of DSi's exclusive features when plugged into a DSi) but works like a DS of DSi game when plugged into those devices.

But anyway. I want Pokémon to be walking behind me. I feel lonely without them aside me.

The thing is i dont care about the 3d aspect of the games i just want to see what more processing speed and memory can do on a pokemon game

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013

That would still have the limitations imposed by a DS cart though. Having the greatly increased space of a 3DS cart (which at it's smallest is 1 GB and could hold a copy of BW just about 5 times over) can do wonders for things like the music, sound effects and higher resolution graphics.

Deep Thought

Mostly Harmless
    Years

Yes! I loved that about HG/SS. I would like that to return in the third game. I know it did annoy some people, though, so maybe it should be optional to have the pokes follow you or not.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    The following feature would be something I would like to see come back for a third game, and having the feature optional would make it fair for everyone. Of course there was always riding your bike instead though.

Depending on how much time Nintendo would be willing to put into a third game, I would like to see it be made for the 3DS as well. Seems pretty likely, seeing as it'll be the new handheld and they're going to want the games to be a hit for it. I'm hoping the graphics would look a bit better on it if this were to happen, since with Black and White the graphics sort of look low on quality.

The Red Chain

The following feature would be something I would like to see come back for a third game, and having the feature optional would make it fair for everyone. Of course there was always riding your bike instead though.

Depending on how much time Nintendo would be willing to put into a third game, I would like to see it be made for the 3DS as well. Seems pretty likely, seeing as it'll be the new handheld and they're going to want the games to be a hit for it. I'm hoping the graphics would look a bit better on it if this were to happen, since with Black and White the graphics sort of look low on quality.

I highly agree with this. Pokemon "Gray" would definitely be the influence for me to get a 3DS, idk about anyone else. XD; Makes sense too since the 3DS is almost out everywhere, though I'm pretty surprised that B&W didn't come out for 3DS itself.. both being so close in release date in English anyway. Follow feature would be so much more beautiful now in the potential 3D features in the third installment, so I hope it happens. ^__^

Oh and replacement for the bike sounds like a good idea still as well.

Gilgαmesh

This is just my observation, but B/W would be out for DS, and the third game would more or less be likely to be out on the same console. Reason being that...to be honest, there's really no reason to have the third game out on the 3DS, even if it was just "to make a hit". Think about this logically though: I find it more likely to have some sort of spinoff for the 3DS rather than a main pokemon game, but that's just me.

Nintendo could make things different and make the third game for the 3DS, but I don't see it as likely as some sort of spinoff occurring and whatnot.

Deep Thought

Mostly Harmless
    Years
    Nintendo could make things different and make the third game for the 3DS, but I don't see it as likely as some sort of spinoff occurring and whatnot.

Hmm, I hate to agree with you, but it does seem to me that the third game will be for the DS and not the 3DS. Hope I'm wrong, though.

Gilgαmesh

Hmm, I hate to agree with you, but it does seem to me that the third game will be for the DS and not the 3DS. Hope I'm wrong, though.

I hope I'm wrong too. I'm not saying in any way that I hope it happens or anything, it's just based on what has happened, that I think that the third game won't really make a release for the 3DS. Is it possible though? Of course. It just depends on whatever Nintendo really feels like doing. If by the time the DS/DS Lite goes out of style a couple of years from now, and the 3DS has complete backwards compatibility, then of course a third game would be released for it then.

Comokanu

Glitch Hunter
    Years
    The 3DS probably already has a hit game that is going to sell alongside the 3DS when it comes out. And I can't really see Pokémon making a good use of holographic 3D. Something like Mario Kart 3D and Biohazard would be a better contender.

Maybe the 6th generation games will be released exclusively for 3DS, but that's if the device becomes popular enough to replace the DS line, which would be quite a bold move.

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    GEN VI will obs be on the NGP, c'mon guys.

If the only reason the third game needs to be on the 3DS is because 2/3 years is too long for a new system to go without a new Pokemon installment, I can easily see GF creating some kind of gimmicky game that takes advantage of the of the system's new features. I can also see them creating RSE remakes with the tagline "experience a game from your childhood -- in 3D!!"
    ##it'll sell like hotcakes.

I don't think the NDS's popularity will fall so steeply within the time it will take for Pokemon Grey to be released. And if it does, everyone who bought a 3DS will still be able to play DS games on their new system so it wouldn't really matter...

Oh and replacement for the bike sounds like a good idea still as well.
    Yeah, so long as it's replacement isn't motorcycles, lolol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back