• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Eagle

I choose Agumon!
Years
  • Gray.. It's the only logicle shade that can go with it?
    Red, Blue, Yellow.
    Gold, Silver, Crystal.
    Fire Red, Leaf Green (No third..)

Wait.. Who says there WILL be a third?

*cracks knuckles *

RED, BLUE, YELLOW - ORIGNALS ( 3 Of Them )
    Fire Red, Leaf Green - REMAKES ( 2 Of Them )

Gold, Silver, Crystal - ORIGINALS ( 3 Of Them )
    Heart Gold And SoulSilver - REMAKES ( 2 Of Them )

Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald - ORIGINALS ( 3 Of Them )
    NO REMAKES ( Yet )

Diamond, Pearl, Platinum - ORIGINALS ( 3 Of Them )
    No Remakes

Black, White, ????? ( 2 Of Them, Possible Third )
    NO REMAKES.

Notice A Pattern? The Orignals have three games and the Remakes only have two games.

SCHHHNAP!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years

• *cracks knuckles *

RED, BLUE, YELLOW - ORIGNALS ( 3 Of Them )

NO REMAKES ( Yet )

No Remakes

NO REMAKES.

Notice A Pattern? The Orignals have three games and the Remakes only have two games.

SCHHHNAP!
    Correct only remakes (so far) are the only pair of games to not have a third version.
    I expect the third version to be announced next year or two years from now around this time...

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019

*cracks knuckles *

RED, GREEN, BLUE, YELLOW - ORIGNALS ( 3 Of Them )

NO REMAKES ( Yet )

No Remakes

NO REMAKES.

SCHHHNAP!

Just a minor correction there. ;D Red, GREEN. Blue was technically the third game, with Yellow being a special edition type thing.

Either way, I think it's inevitable we'll see a third game. Two things say this: all previous generations had one, and like The 100 Mega Shock said, the money says it.

The_Noob

Banned
    Years
  • It's gonna be called Rainbow, because you can't trust GameFreak with naming third versions.

Also, I suspect that Ghetsis will turn himself into Kyuurem, ala Jafar in Aladdin.

Either that, or we find out about the Goddesses' identities, and, if GameFreak really is that monstrous, every last detail of N's childhood.

Noob out.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I do think we need to know more about the goddesses and the shadow triad...I still wonder if the shadow triad had anything to do with Cress,Chili, and Cilian...

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I do think we need to know more about the goddesses and the shadow triad...I still wonder if the shadow triad had anything to do with Cress,Chili, and Cilian...

That'd be pretty huge but I guess not impossible? Giovanni was a Gym Leader and the villain after all.

It could also just be that the Trio Badge leaders were going after the Shadow Triad, or perhaps will in the third game. Would explain why they weren't in the Sages scene.

pokefan345

モードストリート? ??スター
    Years
  • That'd be pretty huge but I guess not impossible? Giovanni was a Gym Leader and the villain after all.

It could also just be that the Trio Badge leaders were going after the Shadow Triad, or perhaps will in the third game. Would explain why they weren't in the Sages scene.

Actually, if you go back to the gym and talk to them, they say that they wish they could have helped, but didn't get word in time. Also, Bianca will tell you at some point that she was going to tell them, but it was over before she got there. (Or something like that)

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Actually, if you go back to the gym and talk to them, they say that they wish they could have helped, but didn't get word in time. Also, Bianca will tell you at some point that she was going to tell them, but it was over before she got there. (Or something like that)

Ow what a shame, that pretty much ruins that idea then. :(

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    There's no such thing as a 3D sprite.

The game's graphics won't get any better unless the game is developed for the 3DS instead - and even then actually making bigger sprites is a hell of a problem for the game.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • There's no such thing as a 3D sprite.

The game's graphics won't get any better unless the game is developed for the 3DS instead - and even then actually making bigger sprites is a hell of a problem for the game.

Well they are going to have to figure out a way to do it, there is no point Nintendo releasing games for the DS Lite anymore (except for games already in progress of being made for the DS), so pokemon from now on will be on the 3DS

I highly doubt many things will be made 3D, probs just like the camera shots when you are about to enter a big building, when the camera sort of pans out, and in battles, pokemon getting sent out of balls and using moves, and the pokemon themselves. Those are the things i think will be 3d

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019

Well they are going to have to figure out a way to do it, there is no point Nintendo releasing games for the DS Lite anymore (except for games already in progress of being made for the DS), so pokemon from now on will be on the 3DS

I highly doubt many things will be made 3D, probs just like the camera shots when you are about to enter a big building, when the camera sort of pans out, and in battles, pokemon getting sent out of balls and using moves, and the pokemon themselves. Those are the things i think will be 3d

Actually I remember someone from GameFreak saying (most likely Junichi Masuda) that the whole reason they went ahead and released the 5th Generation on the DS line rather than the 3DS was because even with the release of the 3DS, they still see a long lifeline for the good ol' DS. This is very similar to the PS2 and PS3 situation. There were new PS3 games being released, all the while releasing a PS2 equivalent because the system was still very much popular.

With that in mind, I think it's very well possible that the third game will mainly be a DS game with some 3DS capabilities, if any at all.

Years
  • this may be really unlikely, but I hope we can get a return of the contests. not super contests, not pokeathlon, and certainly not the musicals. I mean the contests from the third generation. the contests were probably the reason why the third generation was my favourite.

The_Noob

Banned
    Years
  • this may be really unlikely, but I hope we can get a return of the contests. not super contests, not pokeathlon, and certainly not the musicals. I mean the contests from the third generation. the contests were probably the reason why the third generation was my favourite.

That's what the RSEmakes are for, buddy.

Noob out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back