• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    I like how all this 'evidence' is fan-theory in the face of a lack of any real evidence given in the games. You think we've suddenly jumped into subtle foreshadowing of characters as opposed to a few guys who were completely dropped from the plot after you first meet them? We're making conclusions based on what you're not told rather than taking into account what we are told (which is nothing at all but a single line of dialogue, which considering the nature of this game is almost certainly meant to be taken at face value).

It's just as easy to come to the conclusion that the Striation Gym leaders and the Shadow Triad were separate trainers both intended to showcase Triple Battle mechanics at a much earlier and more frequent rate than we actually get in the game, but were written out instead. It's a shaky and unfounded claim without knowing anything about what really went on during the making of the game, but so is that. (Personally I find the idea of making the player battle the Shadow Triad a really big letdown because it ruins the one group of villians who don't plan on settling every damn thing by having a cockfight with the main character.)

Last edited:

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I like how all this 'evidence' is fan-theory in the face of a lack of any real evidence given in the games. You think we've suddenly jumped into subtle foreshadowing of characters as opposed to a few guys who were completely dropped from the plot after you first meet them? We're making conclusions based on what you're not told rather than taking into account what we are told (which is nothing at all but a single line of dialogue, which considering the nature of this game is almost certainly meant to be taken at face value).

It's just as easy to come to the conclusion that the Striation Gym leaders and the Shadow Triad were separate trainers both intended to showcase Triple Battle mechanics at a much earlier and more frequent rate than we actually get in the game, but were written out instead. It's a shaky and unfounded claim without knowing anything about what really went on during the making of the game, but so is that. (Personally I find the idea of making the player battle the Shadow Triad a really big letdown because it ruins the one group of villians who don't plan on settling every damn thing by having a cockfight with the main character.)
    Its why we are posting on a speculation thread. Personally i think the conclusion has a reasonable claim. A) there are 3 gym leaders in striation city
    B) There are three masked people called the shadow triad
    C) we have no history on both of them, so they could in fact be the same person
    D) The shadow Triad show no aggression toward the main player, they keep it semi friendly.
    F) The shadow triad are loyal to Ghetis because he saved there lives, which could explain why they didnt show up to fight team plasma or why they didnt show up to fight the gym leaders. And why really there only act of aggression was breaking Ghetis from custody

So it makes perfect sense that the gym leaders and the triad COULD BE one in the same

Theab95

Legend hunter
    Years

• There are several reasons:

1. They were the only gym leaders to not show up at N's Castle.
    2. They are the only gym leaders that never did anything prior against Team Plasma.
    3. Bianca says she couldn't get to the Striaton Gym Leaders in time to tell them to come to N's Castle. Awfully convenient, isn't it?
    4. Look at this comparison between their masks and the faces of the elemental monkeys:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    If this is real that would be an awesome plot twist, also in the anime.

Genesect

Team Plasma Failure
    Years
  • If this is real that would be an awesome plot twist, also in the anime.

It would be seriously awkward if that's so, and if Cilan IS part of the Shadow Triad in the anime, which they might show up anytime soon, if Cilan is part of it, it would be very... sad.

There should really be a post-game story in this 3rd game or what I call Pokemon Gray. Like you can travel to the Orange Islands :o (I know its only anime-exclusive, it would be nice if can).

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    It would be seriously awkward if that's so, and if Cilan IS part of the Shadow Triad in the anime, which they might show up anytime soon, if Cilan is part of it, it would be very... sad.

There should really be a post-game story in this 3rd game or what I call Pokemon Gray. Like you can travel to the Orange Islands :o (I know its only anime-exclusive, it would be nice if can).

Why would you say its sad. I mean if cilan was part of the shadow triad it would show inner conflict. It would show him helping his friends but also serving someone who saved his life.
    The more i think about it the more i love the idea. I mean how are they gonna top B/W story in the third game? I think this would show that these are real people. They can show back story on them and the rest of team plasma.
    It would fit in with why they do what they do, I mean like they say everything isnt always Black and White ( Grey !!!!!!!!!!!!!!) lol

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2011
    Pokemon Grey, Kyurem mascot, 8th gym will be Iris and other dude together. More Triple and rotation battles... ummm different gym designs, possibly new formes, Gym leader rematches... O.o im running low on ideas

TheFred

Ace Trainer.
    Years
  • I would really appreciate that the three post-main-story-cities (Lacunosa, Undella and Village Bridge) had more things to do.

White Forest and Black City were absolutely brillant.
    Undella City have only : a single battle against Cynthia, a 6 days-in-a-row battle and then, nothing much.
    Village Bridge : the berry-sandwich mini-game and that's it !
    Lacunosa city, well... you know that the citizens are boring.

and I'm not talking about Anville Town... a stop to that station = you lost 5 minutes of your life.

If they make a third game, it should make updates to these cities/towns with a safari, battle tower, contest building, I don't know.

TheFred

Ace Trainer.
    Years
  • Where did you get this info? Even if its true, Gamefreak will have to be ****ed up enough to do that. Since there is always a 3rd Game, before Gen V.

I don't know if he read the same thing than me, but I've read something about it too on Bulbanews a few months ago.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    No, someone working on the games said the third game wasn't going to happen but then Sugimori or a big name like that came along and said that the person who said the original statement didn't know what they were talking about or something to that effect (just in nicer words, lol).

Either way discussing this over and over isn't really going to get us far, so really guys, best to discuss other reasons why they wouldn't make the third game other than one statement said months ago that was taken back. :)

blue

gucci
    Years
  • So apparently the domain is set up for the official Pokémon Grey is set up, no images, video or info yet but the base looks like it's set up & it's developed by Melbourne IT who was in assosiation with Pokemon Black & White
    http://www.pokemongray.com/
    and I think this has already been discussed but ah well, I'm excited!

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
  • So apparently the domain is set up for the official Pokémon Grey is set up, no images, video or info yet but the base looks like it's set up & it's developed by Melbourne IT who was in assosiation with Pokemon Black & White
    http://www.pokemongray.com/
    and I think this has already been discussed but ah well, I'm excited!

hmmmm. this intrigues me...
    however it could possibly maybe be fake. i mean anybody with a credit card can purchase a domain name. in fact people can buy a domain name and then sell it for a higher price. so im not to convinced that gamefreak has already purchased this domain name.

on a side note, i believe that the next game should be called pokemon monochrome. why? because monochromatic colors encompass black, white, grey, and brown.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    hmmmm. this intrigues me...
    however it could possibly maybe be fake. i mean anybody with a credit card can purchase a domain name. in fact people can buy a domain name and then sell it for a higher price. so im not to convinced that gamefreak has already purchased this domain name.

on a side note, i believe that the next game should be called pokemon monochrome. why? because monochromatic colors encompass black, white, grey, and brown.
    I think thats putting to much thought into it. I mean take

Gen 1
    Red,blue, and yellow( really no connection to the story other than the color to the pokemon)
    Gen 2
    Gold, silver, and crystal( again no connection to the story or each other, just the color of the pokemon)

Gen 3( same as above)

Gen 4( same as above) ( with HG/SS when you go to get the hoen legendary pokemon they refrence the game title and color but still not major to the story)

Gen 5 pretty much the same.

And also think about this they used a black pokemon for the cover of whit and a white one for black. So would it fit in with the pattern to use a grey pokemon for grey? Here is an idea , why not call it pokemon grey but have the three genie pokemon on the cover. I know its never been done before but who knows.

something like this

tornadus_by_icickle-d377bot.jpg

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Well thankfully unlike Ram and Rom, Rem has isn't dominately grey so it would blend in with the background plus they could change the shade of grey (mmm maybe they will use black and white in the cover of gray as both those colors are shades of grey it self...plus it'll form a yin yang sign)
    Kyurem will most likely be the mascot (just like Rayquaza and Giratina who were obvious from the start)

Narodin

Pokémon Agate Version
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2015
    All of this speculating is really getting me thinking. I'm not sure if anything like this has been said because i got to page 3 before i decided to write this(you cant expect to read all 76..).

Reshiram- Fire is very powerful, but it is also hard to control. It brings life and destruction, black and white. We depend on fire but it is also human instinct to fear it. Fire is not very controllable, it leaves permanent scars of destruction. It is ancient technology

Zekrom- Electricity is modern and controllable. We depend on it in every day survival, but if it was gone it would be very hard to live, black and white. It's used in circuits that are created by man and controlled easily.

I think that neither legend represents yin or yang, but they both represent yin and yang on their own.

Now that I'm done with that, speculation time :D

- Pokémon Grey/Gray Version
    - Storyline will stay pretty much the same except for the legends
    - New cities/towns
    - Able to reface the gym leaders (The first gym will then become a triple battle, and the last gym will become a double battle)
    - The Pokémon musical have more to do than just dressing up your Pokémon
    - Mascot will be Kyurem
    - More triple/rotation battles (I'm thinking in the battle frontier)
    - Battle frontier
    - New formes (Cofagrigus, Zoroark, Emolga, Cryogonal, Volcarona, etc.)
    - Able to get all of the apes
    - Hints leading to a remake of either Hoenn or Kanto

I'm not sure if a lot of this has been posted already. As I said, I'm not reading 76 pages... But yeah that's about all I have to say :)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Well in Nature both fire and lightning have no set shape but ice is the opposite possesing form and shape (ironically Kyurem's shape looks broken and can't control it's own ice powers very well when ice is easier to use than flame or lightning...)
    hmm...ice...shape...makes me think of the theory that Kyurem is in fact the original body's husk which has lost all it's heat energy...
    Hope they tell us more about the former king and how did Ram,Rom and Rem end up the way they did ( two orbs (one of light the other of darkness) and a dragon said to have come from outer space on a comet/meteor/ect.)
    If they did give emoga a new form what would it look like?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back