• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
  • I definitely think they should have the Sages battle. Yes throwing in Peons is great, but why have unique characters if the extent of their use in the game is to get captured and mock your character, gym leaders, and so on. Rocket, Aqua, Magma, Team Galactic had their Admins excluding Charon. So I don't see why they can't expand that into Plasma. This can give you something worth while to look forward too post game. Heck they don't even have to limit their teams to Unova pokemon at that point, giving them more of a diversity of what to choose.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I dont think there gonna tie up all the loose ends for ghetis and his family in the third game I think there gonna save that for later. But i do hope we get more interaction with the seven sages tho. And I was just thinking who would the new character would be.
    In Gen 2 we got esuine( not sure of the spelling)
    In Gen 3 we got the guy who takes you to the battle frontier ( Which i believe is the same guy from the old T.G.I.F. commercials lol)
    And in gen 4 we got looker

So it makes you think what kind of character will it be. I don think it will be like Gen 4 looker , since he is already in the game. And i dont think it would be like Gen 3, since i dont think there will be a battle frontier or anything similar( since we have the battle subway)
    So i thinking it would be someone like Esuien in Gen 2 and will be a trainer focusing on a legendary pokemon. Now im thinking this could be a great way into introducing Kyurem in the main story since i still cant see how he would fit in the story with Zekrom and Reshiram.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Oh yeah forgot about the new charcter thing...Well we could have someone like Scott only instead of battle buildings he runs battle transportation.Also what places might we see this new character...In Gen II we saw Eusine pop up where Suicune did, in Gen III Scott popped up in the battle tents, while Looker did so every now in then when he got a lead on galactic.Hey maybe the new guy turns out to be N's real father in discuise and doesn't reveal so until the end...though this isn't likely :(Actually we have a pokemon obsessed guy, a guy obsessed with battles, and a guy obsessed with catching the evil team...so maybe the new guy or girl will be obsessed with the player and his friends...though that'll be creepy...

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • I think they should release Pokemon Grey on the DS, but the RS remakes and every game after them should be on the 3DS. The DS is very outdated, and as soon as the new Smash Bros comes out on 3DS, EVERYONE will probably be finding some way to buy a 3DS if they didn't already have them. I plan on getting a 3DS a few months after I get a job, so I've got no problem with it. It's only common sense to think that GF will probably release everything on 3DS and nothing on DS anymore. Just to promote the sales. They've already got all their staple games coming on 3DS, LoZ, Starfox, Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart, Luigi's Mansion 2, Sonic Generations, Super Smash Bros, they're even bringing back Kid Icirrus for Arceus's sake. AND they have a Pokemon spin-off. A main series pokemon game shall be soon to follow.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
  • Are you guys speculating about the information on the expected third game, or is the third installment of Black & White actually going to be released in the near feature?

In other words, has the game's creation been confirmed?

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Are you guys speculating about the information on the expected third game, or is the third installment of Black & White actually going to be released in the near feature?

As far as I know, no, it has not been comfirmed, and we are just speculating on possible features of the third game if it is announced. :) Hope I helped. :D

Anyway, I just really hope that they release another region (not a huge one, something like the island from Diamond/Pearl/Platinum) to make the game longer. I couldn't help but find B/W short, and getting bored fairly quickly after beating the 'main game'. :\

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
  • As far as I know, no, it has not been comfirmed, and we are just speculating on possible features of the third game if it is announced. :) Hope I helped. :D

Anyway, I just really hope that they release another region (not a huge one, something like the island from Diamond/Pearl/Platinum) to make the game longer. I couldn't help but find B/W short, and getting bored fairly quickly after beating the 'main game'. :\

Thanks, and to respond to your wishes... that seems like the case with all Pokemon games.. probably why people are always restarting once they defeat the main story.

PelipperMail

Banned
    Years
  • In the probable third installment, I hope we discover who N's father and Ghetsis's wife/ex-wife is. I sincerely hope that it is Misty.
    Third Game Speculation
    Third Game Speculation

On another speculative note, would PAL games and the USA games have different titles if it were to be called Grey/Gray?

Last edited:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I think they should release Pokemon Grey on the DS, but the RS remakes and every game after them should be on the 3DS. The DS is very outdated, and as soon as the new Smash Bros comes out on 3DS, EVERYONE will probably be finding some way to buy a 3DS if they didn't already have them. I plan on getting a 3DS a few months after I get a job, so I've got no problem with it. It's only common sense to think that GF will probably release everything on 3DS and nothing on DS anymore. Just to promote the sales. They've already got all their staple games coming on 3DS, LoZ, Starfox, Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart, Luigi's Mansion 2, Sonic Generations, Super Smash Bros, they're even bringing back Kid Icirrus for Arceus's sake. AND they have a Pokemon spin-off. A main series pokemon game shall be soon to follow.
    Pretty much my sentiments, Nintendo wants to get it's products on the new system so getting pokemon out on the 3DS as a main series game would be a feather in their cap.

Hey, if it will get released on 3DS, I am going to cry..
    Btw, Pokemon Chrome reminds me of KHR.
    Why? It's a foregone conclusion they will be moving their games to 3DS they already have Rumble out on it, so the Main Series games will probably follow suit soon enough. Pokemon Chrome?

Are you guys speculating about the information on the expected third game, or is the third installment of Black & White actually going to be released in the near feature?

We are speculating on the possiblity and ideas of a third game i.e. what would you add or improve upon from the first installments of 5th Generation. And no there has been no confirmation of production of a Third Game.

As far as I know, no, it has not been comfirmed, and we are just speculating on possible features of the third game if it is announced. :) Hope I helped. :D

Yeah but the Island with Battle Frontier, Survival Area, Resort Area already was in place in the first game. I'm not saying it won't happen but I don't really see any extensive areas added to the Third installment. Maybe like encounter areas for non-officially released pokemon like Meloetta, Keldeo, Genesect. Or an area were you can rematch N or Ghetsis.

リザードン☆

Charizard evolved into..
    Years
  • It is inevitable for a third fifth generation game to be released, as for the name I'm going to assume it will be Grey/Gray.
    I doubt the storyline will change much from
    Pokémon Black and White, maybe a minor change involving N during or after the game.
    I think another thing that may change, is the certain
    Pokémon gym leaders have and maybe even their levels.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2011
    hi everyone im new could you tell me about the possible new pokemon game?

I mean really why do we need another game

Last edited:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    hi everyone im new could you tell me about the possible new pokemon game?

I mean really why do we need another game
    Well, nothing has been confirmed yet, we don't know anything. We're just speculating.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Yeah but the Island with Battle Frontier, Survival Area, Resort Area already was in place in the first game. I'm not saying it won't happen but I don't really see any extensive areas added to the Third installment. Maybe like encounter areas for non-officially released pokemon like Meloetta, Keldeo, Genesect. Or an area were you can rematch N or Ghetsis.

True, but if they can make a whole island out of facilities from a small island with a tower, then I'm sure they can add islands. :) They could even do something like FireRed/Leaf Green (islands on a different map.) :D I guess it's just wshful thinking because I want more places to visit. XD

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    yeah but a new region would be much better like having pokemons from all regions and stuff

And that also takes a lot longer for them to make.

They make these third games because it gives them the chance to make money off their games again without costing that much or spending that much time on them, and so that they can finish off parts of the game that weren't totally finished or had to be scrapped before they were released the first time.

If your marketing strategy isn't broken (and by god it's not), don't fix it.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • True, but if they can make a whole island out of facilities from a small island with a tower, then I'm sure they can add islands. :) They could even do something like FireRed/Leaf Green (islands on a different map.) :D I guess it's just wshful thinking because I want more places to visit. XD
    Or they could combine Black City and White forest into like a Grey/Gray area and have facilities there along with what they had to offer in those two areas earlier. Yeah I think the should add new areas, but I highly doubt anything will be down expansive as Sevii Islands.

yeah but a new region would be much better like having pokemons from all regions and stuff
    We do post game. And you can already trade other stuff wirelessly if you Poketransfer in one verision then just trade it over to the next game. And Hoenn isn't a new Region anyways so it would probably just be essentially the same as it was before at its core, but with several modifications to change with the times.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Or they could combine Black City and White forest into like a Grey/Gray area and have facilities there along with what they had to offer in those two areas earlier. Yeah I think the should add new areas, but I highly doubt anything will be down expansive as Sevii Islands.

I wasn't really sugegsting they'd add a whole set of islands, just maybe a decent-sized to explore post-story. It just bugs me how quick it is to get through the other half of Unova, and basically I just thought it was short. I just really want some great post-game content tbh.

Also, completely unrelated, but I hope they ditch the musical. It is so lame. Honestly, I'd rather have the super contests back tbh. :\

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I wasn't really sugegsting they'd add a whole set of islands, just maybe a decent-sized to explore post-story. It just bugs me how quick it is to get through the other half of Unova, and basically I just thought it was short. I just really want some great post-game content tbh.

Also, completely unrelated, but I hope they ditch the musical. It is so lame. Honestly, I'd rather have the super contests back tbh. :\
    I agree! I felt like the game reached a point where the storyline was being rushed for the ending within the Elite Four and afterward, I couldn't find a reason to continue playing. What was there to do besides train other Pokémon? There's no VS seeker so there's not many Pokémon trainers you can re-battle with a whole new team either. I'd like to see Nintendo come up with other interesting things to do within Unova that will make us really want to continue playing even after we've stopped Team Plasma's scheme. It'd be nice to give the evil team some kind of unexpected wicked twist to their scheme as well. I'd like a little more excitement!

Also agreed. I actually hope they bring back contests similar to the ones brought back in Ruby/Sapphire, as to me they were at least more ~appealing~ for enjoyment as a small feature within the game. Musicals...it's just too childish and unnecessary for the mainstream gaming of Pokémon. I'd use the space Musicals take up in B/W for a feature that people would love experiencing within the third game.

How about the music? Do you guys think they should remix/edit/change any route tracks? How about the cities and towns, wild grass music, etc.! Personally I think the music that plays throughout trainer and wild Pokémon battles get really boring after a while. u_u

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back