• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

リュザキ

Pokemon Detective
    Years
    I was thinking Rainbow if there was a third game, we have the collection of color, the absence of color, so why not the refraction of light into a color spectrum.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Grey is dull? Black and White seem like dull names to me too. But, whatever. A rose by any other name...

Yes because it doesn't seem to have any meaning behind it as black and white do. Black and white have yin and yang, good and evil, et cetera and they look good when blended with just about anything :D. Grey on the other hand......I just don't know.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Not to mention (how green is envy, red is rage, etc.) grey = gloomy.

Which is exactly why it shouldn't be called Grey. Nothing more 'gloomy' than giving a potentially awesome region and more than likely revolutonizing games a gloomy 3rd installment eh?

DXrobots

Just a passing through trainer
    Years
    Pokemon grey is to logical a choice here. The only titles that have made sense were yellow and Emerald. What relation does crystal have to Gold and silver? and the whole 4th generation seems random to me. I think they'll go with something like orange or Starlight or something random

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Im sure it will be Gray, but that would make this the most dull generation ever so I am hoping for Rainbow... seriously. We need some color in this generation.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
    Gray seems to be working since Black & White mixed could be Gray :D

McNoob

Magikarp Enthusiast
    Years
    I thought it was already decided that it'd be Pokemon Brown and that Bidoof is returning as a legendary.

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    I'd probably be leaning more towards Grey than Purple, simply because this installment of Pokemon is "Black/White" and the only color I can possibly think of that matches those shades is Grey.

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
    I get them mixed up but I heard that we use Gray in America, not Grey. I believe that's British or something. Kinda like Color and Colour.

I think it will be Pokemon Clear version.

Grey = Canadian Spelling.
    Gray = American Spelling.
    Color = American Spelling.
    Colour = Canadian Spelling.

So, all of them are correct. But I agree, gray is definatly a selection ... might also be clear version, as suggested above, or maybe another gem ... You never know.

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
    Third versions aren't necessary anymore with GTS... I'll say no third version, but if there is one, it won't be Rainbow (since that would require a reappearance of Ho-Oh. Or a new Ho-Oh alt forme...)

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
    Third versions aren't necessary anymore with GTS... I'll say no third version, but if there is one, it won't be Rainbow (since that would require a reappearance of Ho-Oh. Or a new Ho-Oh alt forme...)

Why would it require that? Ho-Oh is a rainbow Pokemon, but it doesn't mean that it needs to be the whole point of a game called "Rainbow Version". Any Pokemon can be called the Rainbow Pokemon, so that's not really a factor.

Years
    Third Game of the Series

well, you know how red and blue had yellow, gold and silver had crystal, ruby and sapphire had emerald, and diamond and pearl had platinum? what will black and white have?

i think it will be called pokemon gray

Last edited:

SargeantMajorKururu

Loves Pokemon Black
    Years
    Prism, maybe? We already passed up the chance for Pokemon Peridot, which I really wanted because it's my birthstone. But Pokemon Prisim or Pokemon Grey could be the next one. Which would be funny because a looong time ago I was talking about a Pokemon Grey and made a Pokemon that looked a lot like Beldum. This was like back in Red and Blue days.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back