• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    I like the idea. Those who don't want the functionality of the 3DS can stick with B/W; those who do can purchase the third game for their new 3DS. Plus it would help Nintendo see how a Pokémon game could function on the 3DS so that their first 3DS-only Pokémon title has its kinks worked out.
    Even those who don't want the 3D functionality can buy the game and not be bother with images popping out of the screen IIRC, the 3d visuals on the 3DS can be turned off. I'm really excited, and I personally would love to see the next Pokemon game on the 3DS. It would make purchasing it so much more worthwhile (that's not to say there aren't other 3DS games that I want, because I pretty much want all of them).

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • I think they should save all those ideas for the next pokemon game, and make B/W/Whatever the last pokemon games for the DS.

Also,
    "meaning your 3DS systems can communicate with each other on their own."
    Anyone else see technology taking over? 0_o

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I kinda bit agree if the 3rd game is for 3DS. But there's also an exclusive feature of Black and White in DSi, So, I don't know if the 3rd will have the exclusive feature on 3DS.

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    Wrong. The 3DS is a single slot console and the slot accepts 3DS games as well as DS/DSi games.

I'm happy you pointed that out. And even if the 3DS did have multiple slots I'm still unsure about how that is relevant to the threads current discussion. Pokemon Gray would still be exclusive to the 3DS. (I'm really quite confused about Dillion_68's post...)

More on topic: If they make the third game for the 3DS, I wonder what sort of features they'll include. Sometimes I forget there's more to this console than just 3D. They could use the motion sensor for a new Nintendog-esque mini-game (or maybe a "cuter" way to participate in contests) and maybe somehow implement the gyroscope for a richer Pokethlone experience.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • The point I was trying to get across in my post was that even when the 3DS comes out, DS games will still be compatible with it, meaning that DS titles won't be completely obsolete.

redsaber5859

Banned
    Years
  • 3rd version for 3DS?

should the third version of black and white be for the 3ds? such as pokemon yellow was basically for the game boy color not gameboy? tell me what you think pokemon black and whites third is gonna be for, ds or 3ds! and what should it be called? grey? gray? or what?

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2017
    It is possible that they did to B&W what they did to Y,G,and S- they added more data to the games to make it enhanced for the Game Boy Color. I can't see why B&W aren't going to be since the Pokemon Company were one of the first outside developing companies that had the SDK for the 3DS, and that was a year or two ago. It's possible that they might have it so that it has the 3D effect when being played on a 3DS.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    The point I was trying to get across in my post was that even when the 3DS comes out, DS games will still be compatible with it, meaning that DS titles won't be completely obsolete.

Oh yeah the DS titles won't go obsolete for years more than likely, but the DS system will be obsolete maybe a year or two after the 3DS's launch (I assume).

Pokémon Ranger [/FONT said:
    Moriarty;5884148]It will be backwards-compatible, but I doubt the 3DS will be able to bring improved graphics and a 3D environment to preexisting DS games, is what I meant.
    Oh that is what you meant, well, I'd have to agree..but then I saw this marvelous comment:

It is possible that they did to B&W what they did to Y,G,and S- they added more data to the games to make it enhanced for the Game Boy Color. I can't see why B&W aren't going to be since the Pokemon Company were one of the first outside developing companies that had the SDK for the 3DS, and that was a year or two ago. It's possible that they might have it so that it has the 3D effect when being played on a 3DS.

Becki

Pc will never be the same.....
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 24, 2018
    As long as ds games are compatible with the 3DS ill be happy, because then why would it matter if the 3rd game is made spcefically for the 3DS.

The 3DS looks epic no matter what though, and i can't wait for it, i just hope it is affordable!

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
  • The 3DS looks epic no matter what though, and i can't wait for it, i just hope it is affordable!
    This, I just got my Nintendo DSi XL a while ago and I hope they don't make it so expensive, as long as the price is reasonable, I'll be fine. And if it isn't, well I guess I will have to wait for the second Generation of the 3DS, which will probably happen in the next 2-3 years after the first 3DS gets into the market.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • What do you guys think

Communication can occur in sleep mode, meaning your 3DS systems can communicate with each other on their own. For example, it can compare save data from your gameplay with other 3DS systems who have data from the same game, sharing content in the process, so that the next time you play the game you will see something different.
    In terms of Wi-Fi, the 3DS can automatically download new content without you having to do anything, such as new levels.

I think these features would make any pokemon game awsome, what do you think?
    Merged this into the pre-existing "third game" thread. It's still quite far off so all speculation relating to it--be it name, system, etc.--should stay in one thread for now.

master morty

Master Spriter
    Years
  • Pokemon Grey?!?!?

It's so obvious that Nintendo is going to preoccupy us with Black and White, while they work on pokemon Grey, and then we'll be spending twice as much money. -.-

is it honestly a good idea to buy B/W? or is it a better idea to just wait for the next Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, and then finally pokemon Grey?

Insane85

Bored
    Years
  • I plan to get one of B/W and then get Grey later. Like I have with every generation (except 4, for some reason)

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I don't think Yinyang Games should have a 3rd game... HG and SS didn't have LungsCrystal did it? No? And it was perfectly fine...

Golden Heart

Rainbow Ho-Oh
    Years
  • I don't think Yinyang Games should have a 3rd game... HG and SS didn't have LungsCrystal did it? No? And it was perfectly fine...
    That's because a lot of Crystal things [like 'chasing' Suicune] were put into HGSS.
    They didn't make a third game for FRLG. Because they were remakes.

Why not for this generation? There could always be something superior to these two (Not that there isn't already, with Arceus).

Insane85

Bored
    Years
  • I love the idea of Pokemon Rainbow!!! But for one that's actually possible: Pokemon Chrome seems the best.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    That's because a lot of Crystal things [like 'chasing' Suicune] were put into HGSS.
    They didn't make a third game for FRLG. Because they were remakes.

Why not for this generation? There could always be something superior to these two (Not that there isn't already, with Arceus).

I know that they put them in I'm saying whats the point of a 3rd version if Yin and Yang are all they have in Yinyang...there isnt a 3rd word for it...and if you say Grey and Grey has a Dragon type that is Yin and Yang that defeats the whole purpose. Therefore the 3rd game is pointless...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back