• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Third Version Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Yeah he could be the game's rival assuming they something new and not gyms but more of a quest like in Final Fantasy. So many new things GF could try

true, it should be interesting to see what they do for the next game. It sounds like it might be pretty big.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    true, it should be interesting to see what they do for the next game. It sounds like it might be pretty big.

I kinda hope the gym formula is dropped for a few games. Could still be a great game even if they drop it for something fresh. I just think it has been the same for so long people worry it would be bad if they dropped it but sometimes change can turn out good. I am sure people were unsure about Mario going full 3D but it went good.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I kinda hope the gym formula is dropped for a few games. Could still be a great game even if they drop it for something fresh. I just think it has been the same for so long people worry it would be bad if they dropped it but sometimes change can turn out good. I am sure people were unsure about Mario going full 3D but it went good.

Changing the formula away from gyms would be interesting, but I doubt they would do it since it's such a huge staple. Also Z could be closer then we think.
    https://www.pokebeach.com/2016/02/pokemon-league-schedule-hinting-at-fall-z-game

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    Changing the formula away from gyms would be interesting, but I doubt they would do it since it's such a huge staple. Also Z could be closer then we think.
    https://www.pokebeach.com/2016/02/pokemon-league-schedule-hinting-at-fall-z-game

While it might be a staple breaking away could end up being a huge help. Lots of people are kinda bored with the rinse and repeat style. But taking them out does not mean it would be a huge jump. Maybe something like boss battles like most JRPGS have. I would be fine with another set of gyms if we get a dark gym after like 17 years XD

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    While it might be a staple breaking away could end up being a huge help. Lots of people are kinda bored with the rinse and repeat style. But taking them out does not mean it would be a huge jump. Maybe something like boss battles like most JRPGS have. I would be fine with another set of gyms if we get a dark gym after like 17 years XD
    They were already attempting to go the RPG route in X and Y so they might as well go full hog. Have a quest that doesn't involve gym badges or beating the Pokemon League. Give us something different.

Also... 17 years? Have we even HAD a Dark type gym yet? I don't think we've ever had a Poison type gym either.

EDIT: wait nevermind forgot about koga and roxie

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    They could try doing something similar to the Digimon Story games, if they want to break out of the gym stuff.

Loving the new one. Like make Lumnoise a central hub city and get missions to go to different parts of Kalos. Maybe make it so it is 5 yrs after XY and Sycamore recruits you to the Kalos Defense Squad which is you Shauna,Tierno,Trevor and the reverse gender that you are. So if you pick the boy Serena is the leader and Calem if you play the girl.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Loving the new one. Like make Lumnoise a central hub city and get missions to go to different parts of Kalos. Maybe make it so it is 5 yrs after XY and Sycamore recruits you to the Kalos Defense Squad which is you Shauna,Tierno,Trevor and the reverse gender that you are. So if you pick the boy Serena is the leader and Calem if you play the girl.
    It'll be interesting to see the old opposite sex rival in a sequel. BW's didn't play a large role outside of the subway.

Years
    I kinda hope the gym formula is dropped for a few games.
    To be fair, given protocol dropping that might make the distance between a main game and a side-game - where such things are more common - a bit more blurred, and they would then have to preserve that artificially, but you doubt they would be that rushed to drop that in order to replace it with another form of what gym leaders represent, such as level bosses, etc. They'd probably want to maintain the journey motif somehow, where the player is allowed to develop with their Pokémon, rather than rushing them into things. After that they can figure something out.

Also... 17 years? Have we even HAD a Dark type gym yet?
    To be fair, as you say, there have been poison-type gyms, including one 'Janine.' Anyway, though, I'm not sure if there's that much of a rush to create a 'Dark-type' Gym, as in a sense not being affiliated with a whole gym does seem appropriate to the type, which for that matter hasn't been given that much development otherwise.

It'll be interesting to see the old opposite sex rival in a sequel. BW's didn't play a large role outside of the subway.
    They could start with the Pokémon which most resembles a Digimon.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    They could start with the Pokémon which most resembles a Digimon.
    Third Version Speculation

Years
    I think he's talking about Magiana. When Zygarde's new Formes debuted in the CoroCoro issue that came out in September, the official Pokémon website in all languages posted the Formes and info about them within a couple days after appearing in CoroCoro.

Well after the leak at least, I don't think that it had officially come out yet when they showed Zygarde on the official site.

When 'Z' is announced I hope they clear up it's status.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    The thing about the new game is were all expecting a Direct or something to show it but it could be like ORAS which was just a random trailer out of nowhere with no build up. I guess you could say with the Zygarde forms and Gearcina (My english name for it the new 2016 game has had more build up XD Assuming the forms are in the games and all. I would not be shocked if the dog form and perfect cell are forms but if the small ones are viewed as separate pokemon like Mew and Mewtwo. At least for the games. (I am unsure how they are in the anime since I can't stand the subbed

Years
    The thing about the new game is were all expecting a Direct or something to show it but it could be like ORAS which was just a random trailer out of nowhere with no build up. I guess you could say with the Zygarde forms and Gearcina (My english name for it the new 2016 game has had more build up XD Assuming the forms are in the games and all. I would not be shocked if the dog form and perfect cell are forms but if the small ones are viewed as separate pokemon like Mew and Mewtwo. At least for the games. (I am unsure how they are in the anime since I can't stand the subbed
    Well that trailer came out after Iwata revealed OrAs at a business brief or some kind of investor related event. I believe they've already had one this month so...yeah, I don't expect it to come from a brief. Maybe a Press Conference like GO, which was announced on the same day they made the event known irc.

The small ones are formes too.

Btw most likely they'll keep Magiana, GF has said that they like keeping the names of legendaries the same in all languages.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    Well that trailer came out after Iwata revealed OrAs at a business brief or some kind of investor related event. I believe they've already had one this month so...yeah, I don't expect it to come from a brief. Maybe a Press Conference like GO, which was announced on the same day they made the event known irc.

The small ones are formes too.

Btw most likely they'll keep Magiana, GF has said that they like keeping the names of legendaries the same in all languages.

I do wonder if they would do anything on the 27th.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back