• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Third Version Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    This reveal with Magiana wasn't surprising to me in the slightest, tbh. GF has been extremely hush-hush lately so it was just a matter of time before something new was revealed.

Also, it isn't Gen VII, lol. I'm like 99.8% confident of that. We've never had a mythical Pokémon reveal as a teaser for the next gen, and while it isn't explicitly stated I think it's pretty obvious considering its relation to Volcanion. People are theorizing that it's Gen VII but related to Gen VI Pokémon, like Regigigas, but Regigigas was a minor legendary as far as storyline and plot goes. This Pokémon has some kind of direct and close relationship with Volcanion - a Gen VI legendary - and we're due to get Z Version very soon. I can most definitely see something going along the lines of either Volcanion or Magiana being an event needed to access an area/trigger a battle with their counterpart in-game - like the Zoroark event with the legendary dogs and whatever else was in Gen V (I don't remember much of it, tbh).

As far as Gen 6.5 is concerned, I'm very doubtful. If anything, we'll just get more Megas for Z Version like what we had with ORAS. We had 28 introduced in XY and 20 introduced in ORAS, that's 48 Megas on top of the 70 Kalos Pokémon - 118 new Pokémon this region. I can easily see them throwing another 20 Megas into the mix when Z Version comes out to bump it up to 138, and calling it a day.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2017
    Just looking at the map of kalos feels like there's some missing parts..
    Third Version Speculation

colter519

Youngster
    Years
    I just feel that the fact that the third season of the Kalos series of the anime is called XY&Z it seems obvious to me that there will be a Z coming out. Likely this year. In fact, with the anime continuing in the US on the 20th I think that the end of this month seems like a likely time to announce a new game. Also, Magiana seems to clearly be an Event Legendary to me, just like Volcanion. New pokemon have been introduced before their generation in the anime all over the place (maybe every time) going all the way back to Togepi. And then Marrill, Snubbull, and Donphan being in the first movie. However, pokemon from the next generation have never played a major role in a movie and I don't see that starting now. I feel we'll get Z this year and then a gen 7 as late as 2018. Plus, as has been said before, Kalos has so much potential and much more to offer. It's not going anywhere yet.

I will say that I would love it if gen 7 let go of the formulaic story though. I miss the sheer adventure of gen 1 and 2. I mean, why were you even going on that journey besides mom saying that all little boys leave home? You weren't trying to defeat an evil team (which wasn't attempting to destroy the earth), you weren't trying to be the pokemon league champion. Really the only task you were given was from Professor Oak to fill the pokedex. Also, on that adventure there was some leeway in the order you were able to complete some events to the point where the order of some of those gyms gets muddled up in my mind (basically everything between Lt. Surge and Blaine). I wasn't in a forced stop and go the entire time. It felt like I had some breathing room to explore and adventure. Unfortunately the more intricate story lines have brought with them more linear gameplay (emphasis on more, because it's always been pretty linear)

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    I just feel that the fact that the third season of the Kalos series of the anime is called XY&Z it seems obvious to me that there will be a Z coming out. Likely this year. In fact, with the anime continuing in the US on the 20th I think that the end of this month seems like a likely time to announce a new game. Also, Magiana seems to clearly be an Event Legendary to me, just like Volcanion. New pokemon have been introduced before their generation in the anime all over the place (maybe every time) going all the way back to Togepi. And then Marrill, Snubbull, and Donphan being in the first movie. However, pokemon from the next generation have never played a major role in a movie and I don't see that starting now. I feel we'll get Z this year and then a gen 7 as late as 2018. Plus, as has been said before, Kalos has so much potential and much more to offer. It's not going anywhere yet.

I will say that I would love it if gen 7 let go of the formulaic story though. I miss the sheer adventure of gen 1 and 2. I mean, why were you even going on that journey besides mom saying that all little boys leave home? You weren't trying to defeat an evil team (which wasn't attempting to destroy the earth), you weren't trying to be the pokemon league champion. Really the only task you were given was from Professor Oak to fill the pokedex. Also, on that adventure there was some leeway in the order you were able to complete some events to the point where the order of some of those gyms gets muddled up in my mind (basically everything between Lt. Surge and Blaine). I wasn't in a forced stop and go the entire time. It felt like I had some breathing room to explore and adventure. Unfortunately the more intricate story lines have brought with them more linear gameplay (emphasis on more, because it's always been pretty linear)

Latioas,Latias,Lucario,Manaphy and Zorua all say hi. So not sure what you meant by they don't play roles in the movies. Literally all of them played a big role and were next gen Pokemon prior to the gen being out.
    You need to factor in when it began airing (In Japan) and when the game would likely come out. Games tend to come out in the fall with BW 2 being an exception somehow. By the fall the anime would likely be done or nearing the climax of Z so having Z as a game would just seem very odd over something else they could do till Gen 7. Not saying Zygarde can't have focus in then ew game but idk it just is odd timing and I can't see the Z arc lasting pass summer in Japan let alone till Gen 7. Which is making me feel Z is anime only and the new game is something else plot wise. Makes me think the things left untouched in XY were done for a reason and it will be explained in the new game. Maybe the reason the power plant had a locked door was due to a scientist working on a project that ends up being the plot off game 2016. What could this power be? Can you defeat it? Find out next time on Pokemon Z! (sorry I had to do it)

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017

I've had some in-game related speculations when it comes to letting little boys and girls leave home at a young age. Perhaps age 10 is already considered as young adults in the Pokemon world? It might sound funny, but things work differently in real life as well, right? Some places consider 18 as the legal age of adult and some 21. Soo when you think about it, it isn't that strange. (:

Gen 7 for 2018 is good, especially if they are going for Gen 6.5 this time. :D

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I think that we'll get Gen VII next year if my theory of Nintendo pushing GF to make games for the release of the NX (assuming it comes out this year) is wrong. Irc GS and RS came out a year after the GBC and GBA had come out. I think was the same with DP for the DS (though DP were originally suppose to be part of the starting line up with a release date scheduled for 2005).

colter519

Youngster
    Years
    Latioas,Latias,Lucario,Manaphy and Zorua all say hi. So not sure what you meant by they don't play roles in the movies. Literally all of them played a big role and were next gen Pokemon prior to the gen being out.
    I didn't realize those movies were out before their corresponding generations of games. I was kind of out of the pokemon loop during those generations and my dates must be off. And I completely spaced that Lucario and Zorua even were main focal points of movies despite not being legendary pokemon. I should probably pay more attention to Japanese movie release dates. My bad

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    I didn't realize those movies were out before their corresponding generations of games. I was kind of out of the pokemon loop during those generations and my dates must be off. And I completely spaced that Lucario and Zorua even were main focal points of movies despite not being legendary pokemon. I should probably pay more attention to Japanese movie release dates. My bad

It is only natural to get confused since Pokemon is so old. Heck I forget certain Pokemon even exist. I forget Donphan was a thing until recently XD

I've had some in-game related speculations when it comes to letting little boys and girls leave home at a young age. Perhaps age 10 is already considered as young adults in the Pokemon world? It might sound funny, but things work differently in real life as well, right? Some places consider 18 as the legal age of adult and some 21. Soo when you think about it, it isn't that strange. (:

Gen 7 for 2018 is good, especially if they are going for Gen 6.5 this time. :D

I will be honest I think in our world it is something they should do. Well maybe not venture into the world alone but let kids choose what they want to do. My biggest issue with school post 8th grade is it is just relearning everything you already know plus a ton of unnecessary drama. I think if kids could venture into what they want to do after middle school they would learn a lot more. Not saying school is worthless but let kids go to schools for what they want or they can try going into a field. Like if a kid wants to learn about marine biology let them help at an aquarium or if a kid wants to go into film let them go to an art school or just allow the child to try out for plays. I do think 10 is too young but I think 14 is a good age.

Last edited:

colter519

Youngster
    Years
    It is only natural to get confused since Pokemon is so old. Heck I forget certain Pokemon even exist. I forget Donphan was a thing until recently XD

Thanks for the understanding. There is almost 20 years of history and now 722 pokemon to remember. I guess a better question to bring up would be if they've ever introduced a new generation before highlighting all the legendary pokemon from the current generation. I'm kinda fuzzy on the second movie if it was before or after gold and silver were released, and Ho-oh never got much attention from what I recall other than the first episode. And even then that thought could be a moot point if Magiana is a gen 7 pokemon anyway.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    Thanks for the understanding. There is almost 20 years of history and now 722 pokemon to remember. I guess a better question to bring up would be if they've ever introduced a new generation before highlighting all the legendary pokemon from the current generation. I'm kinda fuzzy on the second movie if it was before or after gold and silver were released, and Ho-oh never got much attention from what I recall other than the first episode. And even then that thought could be a moot point if Magiana is a gen 7 pokemon anyway.

Ho Oh and Raikou got hardly any love in the anime or movies. No idea why

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I think that we'll get Gen VII next year if my theory of Nintendo pushing GF to make games for the release of the NX (assuming it comes out this year) is wrong. Irc GS and RS came out a year after the GBC and GBA had come out. I think was the same with DP for the DS (though DP were originally suppose to be part of the starting line up with a release date scheduled for 2005).

This is what I am thinking, although they just went to the 3DS. DS was around for a while though and had like 4 different types before 3DS. They might come out at the same time. My guess, the end of 2017 in October or November. They would probably make a TON of money with a new Gen and new system at the same time. And since pokemon is starting to fight its way back to the top, having a new system + Pokemon game bundle would be great.

Raikou was in the Zorua movie, but still was minor. I don't think it was ever popular, plus it was in Chronicles. Ho-oH I think they are saving for the end.

As for the 10 year old thing, that changed in BW and XY, both main characters being older than 10. (Game wise)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    I just realized something. Everyone is talking about Zygarde but what if the game has Floette as the box art? Heck better yet AZ on it. Would be a real twist to see something besides a legendary on the box. (Only tossing it out due to the whole flowers thing that is supposed have to do with the future)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    This is what I am thinking, although they just went to the 3DS. DS was around for a while though and had like 4 different types before 3DS. They might come out at the same time. My guess, the end of 2017 in October or November. They would probably make a TON of money with a new Gen and new system at the same time. And since pokemon is starting to fight its way back to the top, having a new system + Pokemon game bundle would be great.

Raikou was in the Zorua movie, but still was minor. I don't think it was ever popular, plus it was in Chronicles. Ho-oH I think they are saving for the end.

As for the 10 year old thing, that changed in BW and XY, both main characters being older than 10. (Game wise)
    Not to mention that May and Brendan were confirmed to be 12 in OrAs. The Gen I, II, and IV characters I don't believe are confirmed.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    depends on the type of legal age, there are 12 of them:
    1). Age of criminal responsibility
    2). Age of majority
    3). Age of maturity
    4). Age of candidacy
    5). Age of consent
    6). Legal drinking age
    7). Legal working age
    8). Marriageable age
    9). Retirement age
    10). School leaving age
    11). Smoking age
    12). Voting age

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    Not to mention that May and Brendan were confirmed to be 12 in OrAs. The Gen I, II, and IV characters I don't believe are confirmed.

Which makes you wonder why they are scared to age Ash from 10. Though I think if BW never happened the whole Ash being 10 thing would not exist since to me it is clear he ages from OS To DP. Not saying many years pass but to me it just felt and looked he was growing up. Even if it was like he was 12 or 13 in DP. Like in OS he was more naive and battled by not always thinking while in AGH and DP and even XY he goes from some kid who is a noob and brash to thinking about ways to win and even in XY acts like a big brother in away Brock did.

As for the 2016 game I really do hope they bring back the story concept they did for BW and BW2. So if you had played BW memories were shown in BW.

depends on the type of legal age, there are 12 of them:
    1). Age of criminal responsibility
    2). Age of majority
    3). Age of maturity
    4). Age of candidacy
    5). Age of consent
    6). Legal drinking age
    7). Legal working age
    8). Marriageable age
    9). Retirement age
    10). School leaving age
    11). Smoking age
    12). Voting age

I am curious on what if someone over 18 sleeps with someone under 18 but the age they person is it legal where they live but they go to a state where it is illegal. would the 18 plus before in trouble?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back