• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Third Version Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Well guys... that link I posted earlier regarding NeoGAF? One of the moderators confirmed that the list was true:

https://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=196291403&postcount=115

So yes, we are indeed getting a main series game that's a special 20th Anniversay Edition sometime this fall. And it came straight from the horse's mouth, in other words a Nintendo of America employee.

Which means I think the chances of hearing an announcement this weekend drastically went up.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Well guys... that link I posted earlier regarding NeoGAF? One of the moderators confirmed that the list was true:

So yes, we are indeed getting a main series game that's a special 20th Anniversay Edition sometime this fall. And it came straight from the horse's mouth, in other words a Nintendo of America employee.

Which means I think the chances of hearing an announcement this weekend drastically went up.

It's still possible that some of those games on the list are fakes, it's happened before... but I think there's a chance it's true. I am still wondering if Rainbow is just a codename like the others or the real name...

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years

And watch as the new Pokemon game isn't called Rainbow but instead the expected third version, thus proving that NeoGAF is just as untrustworthy as GameFAQs and other gaming websites that have become nothing but rumor mills. I remember when NeoGAF also leaked Mewtwo, Ridley, Dixie Kong, and Chorus Men after Smash for 3DS was released in Japan and only Mewtwo got in, but as a DLC fighter. Ridley was a stage hazard, and Dixie Kong and Chorus Men never saw the light of day.

Years
    And watch as the new Pokemon game isn't called Rainbow but instead the expected third version, thus proving that NeoGAF is just as untrustworthy as GameFAQs and other gaming websites that have become nothing but rumor mills. I remember when NeoGAF also leaked Mewtwo, Ridley, Dixie Kong, and Chorus Men after Smash for 3DS was released in Japan and only Mewtwo got in, but as a DLC fighter. Ridley was a stage hazard, and Dixie Kong and Chorus Men never saw the light of day.

Well it's possibly a codename. I would like to say that perhaps they inserted some fakes, but one out of four of those being true seems more like guessing. Usually at least half of spiked leaks should be true.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    If it is legit, why do we have to wait 'till the end of the year?? We've beeb waiting all of 2015 on a new Pokemon game, and now they're torturing us by letting us wait all of 2016 too....
    This better be a game with all 6 regions, or else...

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2016
    I think they might do a nice schedule this year, something like this:

February 27: Pokemon Go Release date
    May 2016: Pokemon Rainbow announcement (Kalos+Kanto)
    June 2016: E3 NX reveal
    September 2016: Pokemon Go release
    November 2016: NX release + 7th generation announcement
    December 2016: Pokemon Rainbow release
    July 2017: 7th Generation release (NX)

They have a problem with the gap between a released game and the announcement of the next game. So maybe this time they might reveal the next gen before the release of the previous game so they can surprise us.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017

They have a problem with the gap between a released game and the announcement of the next game. So maybe this time they might reveal the next gen before the release of the previous game so they can surprise us.

My biggest issue is NX and Pokemon GF have no skill doing a JRPG on a HD system. And I doubt they would just get away with using the 3DS style on a HD system. However we will see. If it is anything short of Col/GoD I will be upset tbh.

As for waiting for the end of the year it was done in Gen 4 so it is not insane. DP-2006 Sep and Plat in 2008 Sept as for end of the year that could just mean Q4 which is anywhere between Oct 1-Dec 31st. So end of the year should not be taken as Dec in this regard.

Though not releasing GO in summer for summer break would be a mistake. Really hope they have it out by summer.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    Would anyone clarify how is it almost confirmed it's called Pokemon Niji?..

Apparently the list was confirmed and the guy said Rainbow was never the word but it was Niji which was a code name. Like how Wii U was cafe but had nothing to do with an actual cafe. Just a random word they are using. Though people thought Rainbow had some hidden meaning but it was cleared up. To be on the safe side it would be best till wait till Sat since many are predicting that is when the new game will be revealed.

Years

If it's a fall release it would likely fall in October. This year is also the 20th anniversary of Japanese Blue, the first third version/extra version, plus XY were also released in that month.

Then a December reveal of Gen VII is possible as Gen IV was announced two months or so after Emerald was out (in Japan), originally slated for 2005 release.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Would anyone clarify how is it almost confirmed it's called Pokemon Niji?..

The Niji/Rainbow is just a codename at the moment, but the other stuff as far as release dates and it being a special 20th Anniversary Edition seems to check out. Like I had said earlier, NeoGAF are extremely strict about what kind of leaked information gets posted. If the info is fake, the user who posted it gets banned; the latest link that I posted in the previous page is one of the moderators verifying that the list and its source(a Nintendo of America employee) checked out.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2016
    Sorry this is my first post here, but I just needed to say that the amount of BASELESS speculation is beyond ridiculous. Nintendo announced they would change their "market strategy" (however you say it) and they would get into smartphone apps... guess what? They later announced Pokemon GO. That's the ONLY big Pokemon game they'll release this year. It's THAT important for Nintendo. Catching Pokèmon "in real life". Why would they cast a shadow over it with yet another typical Pokèmon handheld game? I don't think they'll anounce anything.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Sorry this is my first post here, but I just needed to say that the amount of BASELESS speculation is beyond ridiculous. Nintendo announced they would change their "market strategy" (however you say it) and they would get into smartphone apps... guess what? They later announced Pokemon GO. That's the ONLY big Pokemon game they'll release this year. It's THAT important for Nintendo. Catching Pokèmon "in real life". Why would they cast a shadow over it with yet another typical Pokèmon handheld game? I don't think they'll anounce anything.

"Baseless"? Zygarde Formes and Magearna say hi...

And Nintendo is not the one who makes the main series games, Game Freak is.

Years
    Well, someone from the Pokemon company (I think it might've been the CEO) in a recent interview said that in addition to GO they have another project they're working on, which is likely a main game. Btw, Nintendo isn't counting GO as one of their Smartphone games, as they consider Miitomo the first one announced...so it's likely not part of that larger strategy.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    Pretty sure Miitomo was announced as the first one and they said another is coming soon after. So not sure what you mean. There is also a chance the death of Iwata set them back a bit. I bet MyNintendo would have been out late last year if Iwata was still around. Even if they are still following his plans for the future his death must have set them back in some ways.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Did they ever say on this being just single or pair games?

So far, it's looking like a single game. Whether it's a 3rd version or not is hard to tell at the moment, since Game Freak has surprised us once before with sequels in Gen 5. Hopefully something does get announced this weekend, so that it could either confirm or debunk this.

@Poke_Spirit This Saturday is International Pokemon Day. Each city in the world that has plans for celebrations are doing different things, so it's hard to tell how those celebrations will announce it or if they will. They all may host a video of sorts and then the official websites would announce it.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Well there was this one time I'm recalling in which they announced a Direct at the last minute.

True. Directs come any time. We don't see them on weekends though unless it's E3. So anytime between now and Friday could give us one if this was the plan.

No offense, but just because mods on neogaf back it, does not make this any more possible. There have been many times neogaf were wrong. Especially with the last smash game... Man all those "credible" people that were all wrong.

It's why you should still be hesitant of the site. Yes employees go there, but they don't leak legit info often.

Oh and again no offense but the mods are often terrible there. That site can literally ban you if they don't like you, or disagree with your opinion. It's pretty stupid tbh.

It's still possible that some of those games on the list are fakes, it's happened before... but I think there's a chance it's true. I am still wondering if Rainbow is just a codename like the others or the real name...

This! We can't guarantee anything yet.

Couldn't agree more! I see this happening to.
    Is there any events this Saturday for a possible reveal?

Yes, the Pokemon company is taking over the newly re built Nintendo Store in New York, for a big celebration for the 20th anniversary. The site says to check back on this day to, so it's likely we will get something.

And A side Note:

Another reason to cast doubt on this is the codenames.

The guy that made the video was just given this info. IF the games were all coming out with in the next few months, they would be way past this stage. Also since code names are so cryptic, it's unlikely that they would codename a pokemon game by color when that's what the series is known for.

Also the codenames for the other games make it to obvious for them.

Like Tour De City.

This was stated to be a big budget game. My guess is this is either some city simulator or a new animal crossing, which seems unlikely for a 3ds. But again we don't know... The code names are just strange.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back