• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Third Version Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I'm perplexed by the "W" as well. IIRC, that's not the only time I've seen a "w" by itself on past Japanese Twitter posts relating to Pokemon; from Masuda and somebody else, maybe TPC but I can't swear to it on that one. It could be the way it comes out translated, I'm not sure. But just for fun, if you flip Complete Zygarde upside-down, it resembles a big "W" somewhat.

EDIT: Ahh... what's this?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/701561242121416704

Something about Game Freak and something being sold... I didn't quite understand all of it, it comes out kind of cryptic when translated on both Google and Bing.

Weird... I wonder what this is. And that XY image from the anime intrigues me...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I'm perplexed by the "W" as well. IIRC, that's not the only time I've seen a "w" by itself on past Japanese Twitter posts relating to Pokemon; from Masuda and somebody else, maybe TPC but I can't swear to it on that one. It could be the way it comes out translated, I'm not sure. But just for fun, if you flip Complete Zygarde upside-down, it resembles a big "W" somewhat.

EDIT: Ahh... what's this?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/701561242121416704

Something about Game Freak and something being sold... I didn't quite understand all of it, it comes out kind of cryptic when translated on both Google and Bing.
    He mentions the staff of GF. Utte can also mean to sell out, as in betray. Now, wouldn't that be interesting...considering the leaker...

Edit: Considering some of the other words, I think he's saying that they'll be selling stuff in multiple places. We already know they're doing that, so that might be it.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Edit: Considering some of the other words, I think he's saying that they'll be selling stuff in multiple places. We already know they're doing that, so that might be it.

That's kind of what I'm thinking too, because interestingly, two posts earlier he uses similar wording and starts making comparisons to the releases of Red and Green 20 years ago:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/701557776921669632

Also he's been counting down to Pokemon Day, which of course is to be expected.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    So this other leak has popped up, but it's coming from NeoGAF instead of 4chan. From what I understand, they are extremely strict about posting leaked rumors over there; if you can't provide a reliable source for posting your information, you actually get banned from there. In other words, this leak is probably more viable than something from 4chan, but still a rumor nonetheless:

The Official Future Speculation Thread

Pokemon Niji(Rainbow) is listed as a special 20th Anniversary game, and is supposedly coming out during the Fall/Holiday of this year. If this is true, holy crap. It's a singular game, but doesn't really seem to imply that it's a generic 3rd version. The "rainbow" might be a reference to Mega Evolution, since the rainbow spectrum is usually associated with the Mega Evolution symbol-double helix. Rainbows are also associated with beauty, which is Kalos' overall theme.

Also, since it's supposedly a special 20th Anniversary edition, I can easily see it being revealed this weekend on Pokemon Day.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    There is a new rumor about Pokemon 20th Ann: Rainbow. Which is suppose to come around around the holidays for 2016. It is supposed to be 3DS, and has one of the largest market budgets for Nintendo 3DS, This could be the 3rd version. It certainly would be a unique way to end XY.

The guy is apparently well know for being legit at revealing Nintendo Game Line Ups.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Full on 3DS Red/Green/Blue/Yellow/Gold/silver remake or follow on? Hence rainbow. Would be interesting if so.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    I hate how people are saying there running out of title names when that is not true at all. Black and White 2 was called that to show balance and yin/yang and XY was named that to feature the first 3D main games and the 3D planes. So don't get why people saying the titles make no sense. (Not talking about people just people online in general.) Interesting how this is being called an anniversary game. Was DP called that?

As for the reveal

Third Version Speculation

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    The fact that Pokemon Rainbow is being referred to as a 20th anniversary game doesn't really tell if it's the third version or another remake of Gen 1 (with hopefully a better pokedex roster).

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    The fact that Pokemon Rainbow is being referred to as a 20th anniversary game doesn't really tell if it's the third version or another remake of Gen 1 (with hopefully a better pokedex roster).

Maybe it is neither and a stand alone game with a new story. Like I have been tossing a possible Gen 1 new game with a brand new story but set in Kanto. The fact it is an anniversary game makes me wonder if that could end up being the case.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    A stand-alone game sounds really interesting, I wonder what they would do with it? I would hope they at least incorporate Zygarde's lore into it, without making it a generic 3rd version. I would like to point out that in the XY&Z anime, there hasn't been any indication of Xerneas and Yveltal being part of the plot; it has all been about Zygarde and Mega Evolution. Usually a standard 3rd version has included all 3 Legendaries into the plot, but in the anime Zygarde is like the lone wolf or something.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    A stand-alone game sounds really interesting, I wonder what they would do with it? I would hope they at least incorporate Zygarde's lore into it, without making it a generic 3rd version. I would like to point out that in the XY&Z anime, there hasn't been any indication of Xerneas and Yveltal being part of the plot; it has all been about Zygarde and Mega Evolution. Usually a standard 3rd version has included all 3 Legendaries into the plot, but in the anime Zygarde is like the lone wolf or something.

You're right, I dont like it either.. Xerneas and Yveltal seem really interesting and keeping them left out feels rather odd..

Years

Uh, are you forgetting that Reshiram's appearance in Episode N didn't include Kyurem irc. Also, the original battle between the Weather trio left out Rayquaza. In the Kyurem movie Zekrom and Reshiram weren't absorbed. The anime is not a good indicator for this.

Pokémon Niji...well remember Complete Zygarde's "core" it has a lot of colors. It's core is Indigo, Blue, white, orange, and red. Meanwhile it's body has Green and black. The only colors missing are Yellow and Purple of the Rainbow, but I guess Black and White replace them here...

Perhaps this game will tie up BWB2W2XYOrAs(and Delta Episode), interestingly those game use the colors on Zygarde. Black,White,Blue, red, orange (?), Indigo, and green. Those games all left loose ends.

Edit: The source of the list updated with a note that it's just a code name, something I was starting to think of considering all the other games with Codename: ___.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Rainbow could be referring to the helix for Megalution. And I do not think they would spend half the 3DS budget on Pokemon Rainbow.

Also, Zygarde's Final Form chest is rainbow.

If it is 20th Ann, it could be a game with all of the regions.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    It's kind of interesting that it's being called a 20th anniversary game, it almost mirrors how Yellow was officially called the "Pikachu Edition". If this leak is true, I wonder if this means the possibility of elements from all 6 Generations being implemented into the game, as a special commemorative game.

The feels... this hype train is killing me, put me out of my misery Masuda-san.

Years
    Rainbow could be referring to the helix for Megalution. And I do not think they would spend half the 3DS budget on Pokemon Rainbow.

Also, Zygarde's Final Form chest is rainbow.

If it is 20th Ann, it could be a game with all of the regions.

It's kind of interesting that it's being called a 20th anniversary game, it almost mirrors how Yellow was officially called the "Pikachu Edition". If this leak is true, I wonder if this means the possibility of elements from all 6 Generations being implemented into the game, as a special commemorative game.

It might only be a code name. It's not a bad name though, considering Zygarde's colors.

The game might tie up the plots in some ways. We never knew what became of Cyrus, and the WT's post game might not be canon so we are unsure about Gio, and we all know that B2W2, XY, and OrAs left some loose ends (original Dragon and crazy Ghetsis, Lysandre and Z's relationship to X and Y, and Zinnia).

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019

The leak with the new Pokemon was supported by that source as well?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back