• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Third Version Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • Zygarde 200%? When it gathers cells from two regions? (Kalos and Hoenn) Jk, but I kind of do think that Hoenn's origin cave has some link to Zygarde, as the green light causes the environment to be restored, and also Mega stones appear.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • Zygarde 200%? When it gathers cells from two regions? (Kalos and Hoenn) Jk, but I kind of do think that Hoenn's origin cave has some link to Zygarde, as the green light causes the environment to be restored, and also Mega stones appear.

But wasn't it Yveltal and Xerneas that made them appear originally? I'm completely confused over it. I assumed earlier that they were evolutionary stones irradiated by Pokemon life force, first because life force is something Xerneas and Yveltal control, and also because the ones in Kalos appeared after AZ used the Ultimate Weapon to end the war in retaliation of his beloved Floette getting killed. The Ultimate Weapon had one of the two legendaries in it even before it was converted into a weapon, as its original purpose was to revive Floette. When it was used as a weapon the legendaries' power wasn't enough and it drained the life out of all living things nearby.

In theory, the Mega Stones were made because evolution stones were infused with pure Pokemon life force, and this latent power is why the Pokemon's appearance and stats change whenever Mega Evolution occurs. The Pokemon is temporarily infused with the life force of another Pokemon, but it takes a human with a Key Stone to enable it (I guess as a stabilizer and a jump start? The trainer touches the Key Stone and the two react), which is why it's temporary and ceases when the battle ends.

But then I hear of Mega Stones appearing after Kyogre or Groudon is defeated, and I get confused. Neither one of these two control pure life force; they control the raw energies of nature. Why would Mega Stones be made from it? The two origins of Mega Stones seem to conflict with one another, as both types function identically. I guess you could say they work because they're infused with energy period but Pokemon life force and the energy wielded by Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon aren't the same thing. Maybe Rayquaza can channel life force too and it fixed the damage caused by both legendaries and made Mega Stones? I just know I have a headache at this point. ><

Years
  • But wasn't it Yveltal and Xerneas that made them appear originally? I'm completely confused over it. I assumed earlier that they were evolutionary stones irradiated by Pokemon life force, first because life force is something Xerneas and Yveltal control, and also because the ones in Kalos appeared after AZ used the Ultimate Weapon to end the war in retaliation of his beloved Floette getting killed. The Ultimate Weapon had one of the two legendaries in it even before it was converted into a weapon, as its original purpose was to revive Floette. When it was used as a weapon the legendaries' power wasn't enough and it drained the life out of all living things nearby.

In theory, the Mega Stones were made because evolution stones were infused with pure Pokemon life force, and this latent power is why the Pokemon's appearance and stats change whenever Mega Evolution occurs. The Pokemon is temporarily infused with the life force of another Pokemon, but it takes a human with a Key Stone to enable it (I guess as a stabilizer and a jump start? The trainer touches the Key Stone and the two react), which is why it's temporary and ceases when the battle ends.

But then I hear of Mega Stones appearing after Kyogre or Groudon is defeated, and I get confused. Neither one of these two control pure life force; they control the raw energies of nature. Why would Mega Stones be made from it? The two origins of Mega Stones seem to conflict with one another, as both types function identically. I guess you could say they work because they're infused with energy period but Pokemon life force and the energy wielded by Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon aren't the same thing. Maybe Rayquaza can channel life force too and it fixed the damage caused by both legendaries and made Mega Stones? I just know I have a headache at this point. ><
    Hohoho, since the originals Mt. Pyre and Origin cave have been associated with death and life respectively. I believe the stones came from the energy that was being stored there (there's a link between the two after all). I also think this ties with my theory of the power of Zygarde being similar to
    That of the core of the earth. I think that Zygarde draws up Natural energy (the stuff of primals) from the land and transforms it into Infinite Energy (the stuff of megas) within it's body. Recall Rayquaza? I believe it's body does the same thing, turning the natural energy from meteors into infinite energy in it's body using it's Mikado organ, that way it can undergo Mega Evolution, rather than a Primal. The energy of Primals I see as being raw, and being able to drive Groudon and Kyogre into obsession. I also think that Magma/Aqua's machine allowed the meteor to be refined, and allowed Rayquaza to be able to Mega evolve right away, instead of it needing to wait for it's body to do the work.

mew_nani

Years
  • Hohoho, since the originals Mt. Pyre and Origin cave have been associated with death and life respectively. I believe the stones came from the energy that was being stored there (there's a link between the two after all). I also think this ties with my theory of the power of Zygarde being similar to
    That of the core of the earth. I think that Zygarde draws up Natural energy (the stuff of primals) from the land and transforms it into Infinite Energy (the stuff of megas) within it's body. Recall Rayquaza? I believe it's body does the same thing, turning the natural energy from meteors into infinite energy in it's body using it's Mikado organ, that way it can undergo Mega Evolution, rather than a Primal. The energy of Primals I see as being raw, and being able to drive Groudon and Kyogre into obsession. I also think that Magma/Aqua's machine allowed the meteor to be refined, and allowed Rayquaza to be able to Mega evolve right away, instead of it needing to wait for it's body to do the work.

Well I suppose that makes some sense. I never played ORAS though so my knowledge of what goes on there is considerably lacking compared to my knowledge of X and Y. Just what Zygarde does at all is anyone's guess, especially since we only have the anime to go on and the anime's mechanics doesn't always mirror what happens in the games. Apparently it can use the cells it has gathered to restore damaged areas where life has been erased, but we have no idea how much power it has. Come to think of it... Could there have been a Zygarde Core in that area causing things to return to normal? In R/S/E everything was cultivated by human hands, but I have no idea if that still holds true in ORAS, and Sootopolis would be the hardest hit by Groudon or Kyogre's awakening.

Also nice old woman laugh. Just thought I'd bring that up.

EDIT: I just thought of something. When Mega Stones were created by the Ultimate Weapon it took a mammoth amount of power; more power than Xerneas or Yveltal (or both) had in them. Said amount of power caused such devastation the war Floette died in was halted. Just how much life force does it take to create Mega Stones? Was the energies released in the Cave of Origin or even by Rayquaza enough? Xerneas and Yveltal are incredibly powerful creatures, but their power alone wasn't enough to fuel the Ultimate Weapon.

Last edited:

Years
  • Well I suppose that makes some sense. I never played ORAS though so my knowledge of what goes on there is considerably lacking compared to my knowledge of X and Y. Just what Zygarde does at all is anyone's guess, especially since we only have the anime to go on and the anime's mechanics doesn't always mirror what happens in the games. Apparently it can use the cells it has gathered to restore damaged areas where life has been erased, but we have no idea how much power it has. Come to think of it... Could there have been a Zygarde Core in that area causing things to return to normal? In R/S/E everything was cultivated by human hands, but I have no idea if that still holds true in ORAS, and Sootopolis would be the hardest hit by Groudon or Kyogre's awakening.

Also nice old woman laugh. Just thought I'd bring that up.

EDIT: I just thought of something. When Mega Stones were created by the Ultimate Weapon it took a mammoth amount of power; more power than Xerneas or Yveltal (or both) had in them. Said amount of power caused such devastation the war Floette died in was halted. Just how much life force does it take to create Mega Stones? Was the energies released in the Cave of Origin or even by Rayquaza enough? Xerneas and Yveltal are incredibly powerful creatures, but their power alone wasn't enough to fuel the Ultimate Weapon.

I think either both were used for the Ultimate weapon, or perhaps it was Perfect Zygarde. Or even all three...XY&Z indeed... Xerneas to revive Floette, Yvetal to kill those in the war, and Zygarde to patch up the mess that would result of the environment.

The energy of Cave of Origin might also have something to do with the meteor that struck what will become Sootopolis. Irc the strike caused a leak of natural energy from the earth (core?) that attracted Groudon ane Kyogre.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Yeah, it is rather random, isn't it? Does anybody have any idea why this particular group of Pokémon is being promoted on that page? Pikachu, Sylveon, Mega Lucario, Ash Greninja, Zygarde Core, and Zygarde 10% Forme I get, but why Clefairy, Diglett, Wobbufett, Mew, Latios, Gengar, and Espeon doing in that listing and what's the question mark standing in for?

From what I can understand, it's more promotion for the XY&Z anime; it's like a box of chocolates or something that's coming out in Japan in March. There's speculation that the question mark may be a new Forme, Mega, or even a new Pokemon because of what may come in CoroCoro this month.

I see. I can justify the rational ones. Wobuffet is probably jessie's. Mew I don't know. Maybe the movie? Latios could relate to Steven. The others I have no clue.

Why would someone catch a diglet? Bonnie Maybe? Clefairy is also interesting. I'd want Ash to get that as it was planned to be his original starter and mascot. Maybe bonnie or serena though.

Maybe diglet for clemont?

Gengar and espeon are also intriguing. Perhaps clemont gets espeon?
    They both are fully evolved things that I find unlikely to be found in the wild though. I wouldn't mind Ash with either though.

As for the question mark, I believe it will be a new pokemon that is in the movie and will be revealed in corocoro and possibly alongside z?

mew_nani

Years
  • I think either both were used for the Ultimate weapon, or perhaps it was Perfect Zygarde. Or even all three...XY&Z indeed... Xerneas to revive Floette, Yvetal to kill those in the war, and Zygarde to patch up the mess that would result of the environment.

The energy of Cave of Origin might also have something to do with the meteor that struck what will become Sootopolis. Irc the strike caused a leak of natural energy from the earth (core?) that attracted Groudon ane Kyogre.
    About the meteor.... you mentioned that a meteor struck Sootopolis before it was settled. Rayquaza also eats meteors and gains an extraordinary power from it. Could the meteor have something to do with it? The meteors Rayquaza ingests seem to have a huge amount of energy in them, given just how much power Rayquaza gets from a single shard small enough to be held in one's hand and carried around. Maybe there's something in the meteor? But what? In Timeline B where R/S/E take place meteors are pretty much what they are here; just rocks, nothing special except for the ability to make Deoxys change forme and maybe make certain Pokemon evolve. But there's no way an average hunk of iron and other metals could give Rayquaza such power. Something's really strange here. Could there be something in space that's giving this meteor so much power?

As for all three being involved... well I can see both Xerneas and Yveltal being used as the core for the Ultimate Weapon at the same time, but given Zygarde is a collection of cells and a core I doubt it was part of the weapon. It likely came and cleaned things up afterward after the weapon was used.

Years
  • About the meteor.... you mentioned that a meteor struck Sootopolis before it was settled. Rayquaza also eats meteors and gains an extraordinary power from it. Could the meteor have something to do with it? The meteors Rayquaza ingests seem to have a huge amount of energy in them, given just how much power Rayquaza gets from a single shard small enough to be held in one's hand and carried around. Maybe there's something in the meteor? But what? In Timeline B where R/S/E take place meteors are pretty much what they are here; just rocks, nothing special except for the ability to make Deoxys change forme and maybe make certain Pokemon evolve. But there's no way an average hunk of iron and other metals could give Rayquaza such power. Something's really strange here. Could there be something in space that's giving this meteor so much power?

As for all three being involved... well I can see both Xerneas and Yveltal being used as the core for the Ultimate Weapon at the same time, but given Zygarde is a collection of cells and a core I doubt it was part of the weapon. It likely came and cleaned things up afterward after the weapon was used.
    I mentioned the Mikado organ playing a role in that. It's a special organ that Rayquaza has that allows it's body to process meteors. It could very well be that Timeline B Rayquaza can Mega evolve but saw no need to do so, as Kyogre and Groudon weren't Primal, and there was no meteor. Btw that meteor we had in the key item pocket that it ends up eating was also energized by Magma/Aqua harnessing the power of Mt. Chimney using the machine that in the originals woud've blown up the volcano(RE)/make it extinct(S). Actually that even in the originals such a thing had the power to run a machine that make a volcano blow is scary...

I noticed that Zygarde's Complete form has some motifs that would fit AZ, such as a crown like head, and not to mention that it's a giant human like thing. I truly wonder if Zygarde might've been born from the after math of the weapon...

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Do any of us know how regular evolution stones are made and where they come from, exactly? This might help give us more ideas on mega-stones.

Oops, I misread that as how are Mega Stones made. LOL

I believe the associated elements have something to do with it. It's a bit special for Shiny Stone and Dusk Stone though. I believe Shiny Stone is formed from positive feelings, we can see that both Roserade and Togekiss's baby forms evolve when their happiness is high. While Florges' specie is related to helpful as a supporting Pokemon. While the Dusk Stone might be formed by a murky aura, a negative energy.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Aren't we suppose to heard news about next Coro coro scan already ?
    All other month's Coro Coro scan leaks 1 or 2 days before their actual release date.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Aren't we suppose to heard news about next Coro coro scan already ?
    All other month's Coro Coro scan leaks 1 or 2 days before their actual release date.

iirc, the leaks are revealed a month before their release dates, hence why they're called "leaks" in the first place. So the February leaks' release date is next month's.

Years
  • iirc, the leaks are revealed a month before their release dates, hence why they're called "leaks" in the first place. So the February leaks' release date is next month's.
    Uh, that's not how it works. The issue is called the March issue, but it officially comes out the month before the one in it's issue name (manga issues like SJ (irc) work the same). Leaks usually happen between 7 to 2 days prior, and issues usually come out on the 15th.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Uh, that's not how it works. The issue is called the March issue, but it officially comes out the month before the one in it's issue name (manga issues like SJ (irc) work the same). Leaks usually happen between 7 to 2 days prior, and issues usually come out on the 15th.

Ah, so that's how it works. Thanks for the clarification. :3

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019

Aren't this month's issue suppose come out in February 10 ???

Cassandra

Transgender Queen
    Years
  • Gonna ignore literally every previous post and give my two cents on a Pokemon Z game.

Genuinely hoping they just skip over Pokemon Z and go right into Gen 7. I don't think Pokemon XY was nearly good enough to warrant a third version. Pokemon ORAS, being sequels to XY, were more than enough. I can't see anything being added to Pokemon Z that could really make the game a more pleasurable experience, because XY were inherently dissatisfactory.

However, I would speculate that Pokemon Z is indeed coming, as the new Zygarde movie, with it's new formes is being released soon, and it wouldn't really make sense to have a big movie with new formes, and not have those formes appear in game.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I wonder , The big movie announcement also include Serena with new hairstyle or a new girl replacing Serena after she leave to find what she missing.
    Its because Pokemon Z will obviously introduce a "New Serena" or A New Girl as the female playable character .

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I wonder , The big movie announcement also include Serena with new hairstyle or a new girl replacing Serena after she leave to find what she missing.
    Its because Pokemon Z will obviously introduce a "New Serena" or A New Girl as the female playable character .

Well, we didn't see the introduction of Rosa in Best Wishes. We've got only Roxie, who made her debut as a final Gym Leader.

So I doubt that this new girl's affecting both our Z version and anime, but hey I could be wrong too.

I'm more curious about Dexio and the another girl's roles in the Z version and anime.

Gonna ignore literally every previous post and give my two cents on a Pokemon Z game.

Genuinely hoping they just skip over Pokemon Z and go right into Gen 7. I don't think Pokemon XY was nearly good enough to warrant a third version. Pokemon ORAS, being sequels to XY, were more than enough. I can't see anything being added to Pokemon Z that could really make the game a more pleasurable experience, because XY were inherently dissatisfactory.

However, I would speculate that Pokemon Z is indeed coming, as the new Zygarde movie, with it's new formes is being released soon, and it wouldn't really make sense to have a big movie with new formes, and not have those formes appear in game.

I feel you, but XY has too much plot holes (with ORAS adding more) and the 'not good enough' was the very reason why we need a Z version to fix all the existing problems.

Last edited:

Cassandra

Transgender Queen
    Years
  • I feel you, but XY has too much plot holes (with ORAS adding more) and the 'not good enough' was the very reason why we need a Z version to fix all the existing problems.

I don't know, I think they're too inherently flawed to be fixed. The entirety of the Kalos region is a mess composed of lonely, linear, featureless routes that are literally straight roads, divided by characterless, forgettable towns and cities, many "features" that add nothing to the game, a horrible influx of convenience items and features such as the new Exp Share, Super Training, and I believe Pokemon Amie (which I believe raises a Pokemon's happiness). The game is void of features that give it any replayability, like a contest hall, Battle Frontier, Pokeathlon, anything. It's the dryest Pokemon game in the series, and it's so small scale and linear that it doesn't feel like an adequate Pokemon adventure. And that's not even bringing up the story, which really doesn't matter much anyways because Pokemon stories are always mediocre, but they need to learn from the mistakes of this game, and make the next generation better, rather than dwell on this.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I preferred XY over every game. You say the story doesn't matter, but it does to a lot of people. XY is probably one of the best storylines. Being as dark as it is. I loved all the characters and everything. I didn't mind the routes being straight. It certainly better than having extremely long routes which I have always hated.

I understand that it is disappointing that there was no grass or anything in the way. But the places like Reversal cave and the Victory Road, I think made it ok. I would be extremely disappointed if they didn't make Pokemon Z.

They had to make a 3D version of an entire region. It is understandable why there was so much lack. They can improve that in Z. Not to mention Z is likely to have more than 1 Region. Or have a mini region. Kalos is my second favorite region and I will stand by that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back