• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Third Version Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Team Player
Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    They batted an eye for Volcanion, yet not Diancie and Hoopa...so they're kind of hyping up their latest official reveals compared to the past.

Also, they won't be able to be traded into XYOrAs due to the code being corrupted, or at least that was Gf's excuse for not updating XY with the new moves, megas, and Primals that were introduced in OrAs. There will be little point in introducing new mons at Gen's end. But then again B2W2 introduced formes and they were the last games of that Gen :/... But formes are more acceptable to miss than new Pokemon imo.

True, although I could easily see them patch the games when the last maingame of the gen happens. It shouldn't be to hard.

Years
  • I don't think we'll get Gen 7 before we get another Kalos game. But I do think that Gen VII won't be far from 'Z'.

I would have to disagree on this, bc as far as i've seen so far there's a "settling in" period for the new console before they release new gens. For example for Gen 6, the 3DS was out for a while until i finally bought it just to play X, lol.

I'm going for an announcement this month, Z/XY sequels released in June, and Gen 7 announcement early 2017 with release for autumn 2017.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    Yes, it was mentioned that Pokemon existed during Az's time that don't exist in Kalos any longer. But this new mon was made 500 years ago...while the war was 3000 years ago, so that would ruin your idea if they are to include it too :/

That chart was shown shortly before they revealed GO irc in the same press conference. Many thought that they were going to show Gen VII...then low and behold it was Go!

Which is why I don't see this mon happening in Gen 6 but Gen 7. I am all for Kalos having a new adventure as long as it is not a rehash of XY. And while I am fine with Gen 6.5 showing new Pokemon I do wonder if GF would really do that. If so and it ends up having this pokemon in it I am happy they are shaking things up and breaking out of the gen limitations. I am just worried since most of the time GF sticks to the same recipe. With BW 2 being the exception. Though we know flowers will be a thing in the new game/s so maybe my idea of natrual vs man made can happen in the new Kalos game. (Wonder if N would return since his name is Natural and I think his sisters had things to do with flowers)
    As for the pic being GO related that was kinda a let down but I do wonder if GO will have more than just the 150 now. Maybe via updates?

I would have to disagree on this, bc as far as i've seen so far there's a "settling in" period for the new console before they release new gens. For example for Gen 6, the 3DS was out for a while until i finally bought it just to play X, lol.

I'm going for an announcement this month, Z/XY sequels released in June, and Gen 7 announcement early 2017 with release for autumn 2017.

Unless they want Pokemon to sell consoles and are making GF work faster or have them get outside help. Assuming Gen 7 is on NX meaning it would be in HD I do wonder what the style will look like and do wonder if they would get some help from people who know HD JRPG games. Maybe Atlus or Square? (Assuming NX is a hybrid system meaning GF would have no choice but to make it on NX)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • True, although I could easily see them patch the games when the last maingame of the gen happens. It shouldn't be to hard.

I thought so too, but apparently doing so will screw up the coding...maybe making them as glitchy as RG and DP...

Usually, but there are rumors that Nintendo is planning on having a lineup of major games for it's debut. If the rumors are true then Gen VII's pair could very well be one of those.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I thought so too, but apparently doing so will screw up the coding...maybe making them as glitchy as RG and DP...

Usually, but there are rumors that Nintendo is planning on having a lineup of major games for it's debut. If the rumors are true then Gen VII's pair could very well be one of those.

Are we sure? Because it may seem impossible, but I wouldn't be surprised if GF pulled it off.

Years
  • Are we sure? Because it may seem impossible, but I wouldn't be surprised if GF pulled it off.

GF aren't very good at this kind of stuff. All of GF couldn't figure out how to include Kanto in GS but Iwata by himself managed to fit it into GS. The graphics of Gen III, and IV aren't very good compared to other games made around the same time. Not to mention that they made DP glitchy despite the delay (much like they had ten years prior with RG). But perhaps they'll figure something out...let's just hope it all goes good or we might all lose our save data... yeah, if such an update happens I think I'll be waiting to update my Y and OmegaRuby for a few months...

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    Wow what if we get a game reveal Monday when the Pokemon is officially shown? Like just the titles and they say more will be shown in the next few weeks. Please update the outfits you can wear. The selection was limited and even more limited for the boy.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen today
    Third Version Speculation
    so Its another legendary pokemon like Diancle!
    Whats so world shacking about this ?
    Spoiler:

So this is Magiana, a man made Pokemon which Volcanion hates because only it (Volcanion) knows Magiana's secret. Magiana will star in the movie too. It most likely is a steel type from its looks and we can't rule out the possibility that Volcanion's typing may be the counterpart for Magiana's typing (meaning Magiana could be Steel and something that can be bodied by water). This leads me to think that not only Magiana but also Volcanion is man made and their rivalry exists because of something that happened in the labs while creating them. Maybe Volcanion hates humans and Magiana because humans gave more attention to Magiana that in? We'll see. All in all I think it's another mythical Pokemon, like Diancie, only man made.

Edit: Volcanion and the exquisute Magiana is the movie title. In serebii it says that Volcanion chases Magiana, which was created 500 years ago. What the heck..
    battle of the steampunk pokemon

and now everyones debating over "evidence" on whether or not their gonna skip the last game(s) of the gen or not, disregarding that this might just be gamefreak trying to make the next game something no one expects. i would not put it past them to release an 8gen pokemon in the 6th gen,
    think about it , there was a turtle in gold & silvers beta that looks a lot like tirtouga

i also would not put it past them to put an 7th gen pokemon in a 6th gen game, like how they put bonsly & munchlax in xd gale of darkness

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • I'm kind of curious... does anybody know what Pokenchi's episode this weekend is supposed to be about? Regardless though, I think next week is worth keeping an eye out for anything, let alone the rest of this month.

God I'm so psyched I can't find the proper words for my feels...

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    I'm kind of curious... does anybody know what Pokenchi's episode this weekend is supposed to be about? Regardless though, I think next week is worth keeping an eye out for anything, let alone the rest of this month.

God I'm so psyched I can't find the proper words for my feels...

Pokemon Sunday got a replacement?! I member that show during the Gen 5 reveal but had no idea they got a replacement.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    GF aren't very good at this kind of stuff. All of GF couldn't figure out how to include Kanto in GS but Iwata by himself managed to fit it into GS. The graphics of Gen III, and IV aren't very good compared to other games made around the same time. Not to mention that they made DP glitchy despite the delay (much like they had ten years prior with RG). But perhaps they'll figure something out...let's just hope it all goes good or we might all lose our save data... yeah, if such an update happens I think I'll be waiting to update my Y and OmegaRuby for a few months...

True, but I feel like they got better in time. We will just have to wait and see.

Although it wouldn't be a terrible for them to not patch. As long we have trade compatibility so I can transfer mons, then I am fine. Which the strange souvenir seems to confirm.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years

• Btw, you're forgetting that GF said that they had no way to update the games to add the Megas that were introduced in OrAs into XY (as it'll ruin the code causing it to glitch or something), so any new mons, Megas, and former introduced in 'Z' would run into the same trouble!

Also, they won't be able to be traded into XYOrAs due to the code being corrupted, or at least that was Gf's excuse for not updating XY with the new moves, megas, and Primals that were introduced in OrAs. There will be little point in introducing new mons at Gen's end. But then again B2W2 introduced formes and they were the last games of that Gen :/... But formes are more acceptable to miss than new Pokemon imo.

True, although I could easily see them patch the games when the last maingame of the gen happens. It shouldn't be to hard.

Are we sure? Because it may seem impossible, but I wouldn't be surprised if GF pulled it off.

True, but I feel like they got better in time. We will just have to wait and see.

Although it wouldn't be a terrible for them to not patch. As long we have trade compatibility so I can transfer mons, then I am fine. Which the strange souvenir seems to confirm.

At any rate, any update that Game Freak might come up with Nintendo's help would be a bit of a doozy, that's for sure…

Well specifically they can't put the new Megas, Primals and moves in because there's no room for them in the game. If they attempted to they'd either have to move the moves, Pokemon and maybe Mega tables around to enlarge them, which would be hard to do, or they could try to put them in anyway and risk them overwriting other bits of code because they don't fit in the table.

Well, I suppose they could put at least some of the update data on user's SD cards…

P. S.: Just thought I'd drop a quiet bombshell at the end of this post…

P. P. S.: Hmm; I must really like using ellipses…

Last edited:

Juice585

M'Ampharos
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2016
    What a day - whether it's Gen 6.5, Gen 7, or anything in between, what a time to be a Pokemon fan. As someone who got back into Pokemon with XY, this is the first time I've been onboard a hype train as it happens. This is fun.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    P. S.: Just thought I'd drop a quiet bombshell at the end of this post…

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that Tweet is from 2014...

But I mean, I don't think we need a Direct at this point. Magiana is very clearly a Bakugan, so I think we can all agree that the upcoming Pokémon game will be a Pokémon-Bakugan cross-over.

(Disclaimer: I'm joking.)

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years

• P. S.: Just thought I'd drop a quiet bombshell at the end of this post…

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that Tweet is from 2014...

But I mean, I don't think we need a Direct at this point. Magiana is very clearly a Bakugan, so I think we can all agree that the upcoming Pokémon game will be a Pokémon-Bakugan cross-over.

Ah, confound it all! I need to pay more attention to posting dates, don't I? Well, hopefully Nintendo will announce a new Direct date soon, even if Game Freak announces doesn't use that as their venue to announce how they'll be tying up Gen. VI. Also, LOL on the crossover pun, though I did[/I} what I saw of Bakugan: Crossfire when they localized it.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • It's a good thing you caught that, because I almost had a heart attack. I would not be surprised though if we did hear something this month.

Also is anybody wondering if Magiana has anything to do with that "flowers" hint? 'Cause it doesn't quite resemble a flower to me...
    It's lower body kinda resembles lily of the valley but to be honest it doesn't look very flower like at all. It's more an automoton than anything else, seemingly patched together from random pieces of metal. Who made this creature, I wonder? Was it meant as a gift for someone? It's very ornate.

Years
  • I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that Tweet is from 2014...

I knew it reminded me of something. It reminds me of a Bakugan! That and a bit of the death star...

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    The silhouette kind of reminded me of Lilligant in a way, but now that the design is fully revealed, I don't think it will be a key component of our flower-filled future. Especially if it turns out to be an event Pokémon (and associated with another event Pokémon, no less).

I knew it reminded me of something. It reminds me of a Bakugan! That and a bit of the death star...

Some people have compared it to BB-8, too, since you bring up the Death Star.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back