• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Third Version Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • I don't want to get this too off-topic but... you actually have things mixed up.

N always claimed there was no gray--all of his values lie in separating people from Pokémon, separating black from white. The supposed goal of Team Plasma (and the true goal of N) was to liberate Pokémon from people, after all. We could get into symbolism of N being the "gray" between people and Pokémon, but...I'll just leave it at that, that N was the one who said there was no gray (or that there should be no gray). Therefore, keeping black and white separate was actually more faithful to the themes and symbolism of gen 5 (not to mention it was successful story-wise in regards to Kyurem and N's dragon).

But gen 6 doesn't have these same themes--XY takes a different approach to portraying them. It was already kind of...inappropriate, in a sense, how in X they used the life-giving Pokémon to power the ultimate weapon of mass destruction (it seemed natural for Yveltal's deadly energy to power it, though). Because of how they handled the inclusion of the legendary Pokémon into the plot, they're already allowing the theme of life and death to kind of merge together--which is actually understandable since you can't have life without death. But because of this, I find it would work out fine if they took a "third version" approach because there isn't really anything that requires the two to be distinct.
    I admit, I had forgotten his exact words. Now that I see the full quote I remember why I had wanted a Grey. It would've disproved N's rigid view of the world as black and white. Though in some ways I guess B2W2 do fulfill that to some extent. Kyurem is grey, so when mixed with Zekrom one gets a Black-grey, and when mixed with Reshiram one gets a White-grey. He was starting to see other views, but still held to some of his old beliefs. In some ways it's even more philosophical than I had thought xD. I'd admit my own view of the world isn't Black or White, nor Grey (at least I don't see it as a middle of the road Grey), so I can kind of related to that.

I find it kind of odd that Zygarde in the anime has shown most the ability to restore the environment. To me it seems like something that would check Yvetal more so than Xerneas, so I do wonder if it has something else it'll used on Xerneas...

Years
  • I find it kind of odd that Zygarde in the anime has shown most the ability to restore the environment. To me it seems like something that would check Yvetal more so than Xerneas, so I do wonder if it has something else it'll used on Xerneas...

perhaps an unchecked Xerneas could overpopulate, Zygarde would keep this in check preventativly thus making it harder to portray in the anime

Years
  • So, the movie news on Serebii has been updated. Apparently there's a power called "Soul Heart". Is it just me, or with this plus Azoth it seems like the movie contains references to the most recent remakes?

Years
  • Noticed on the official site it says Magearna is "the ultimate invention". I don't think this is a coincidence and therefore there must be a possibility of some kind of link to the "ultimate weapon"
    Meanwhile Zygarde's expansion pack in Tretta is called 'Ultimate Z'. It might mean something, or it could just be the overuse of a word.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Pokemon Trading Card Game is also getting the new Perfect Zygarde in XY Break.
    https://twitter.com/Pokemon_cojp/status/699088267640111105
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    Where did you get that from? From what I'm seeing they haven't been around for anywhere near that long as far as the games are concerned. Drayden even says that they didn't exist when he was a kid, although I guess it's possible that Unova just didn't have them until recently.

I have to admit, I was getting my info from Bulbapedia, which says:

"In times gone by, the only Poké Balls that existed were made from Apricorns, with the process used to create the Poké Balls being developed sometime between 400 to 700 years before the present day in all Pokémon canons. As they were the only Poké Balls at the time, Apricorn Balls were quite common, unlike in modern times, when large companies such as Silph Co. and the Devon Corporation develop Poké Balls mechanically and mass-produce them for use by Trainers."

I'm now trying to find the actual evidence :p

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    So, the movie news on Serebii has been updated. Apparently there's a power called "Soul Heart". Is it just me, or with this plus Azoth it seems like the movie contains references to the most recent remakes?

That would work with my theory on the series and games becoming one canon. Maybe the Z arc in the anime is a prelude to the game>?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I think they are hyping up Pokemon Go and then plan to blind side us by Pokemon Z. The anime is going to last at least another year, and possibly a small filler arc next year similar to Battle Frontier/Orange Islands.

I don't see them not making a 3rd version, because that would ruin a chance to make a good amount of money. It is said that XY plot would wrap up in a unique way, but that could also be that XY truly ends in next Gen.

The name Soul Link, reminds me of what Ash-Greninja is using.

I don't see Z being a prelude, as most pokemon had not been discovered if they go so far back in time. I don't like the idea of a prelude either honestly. I would rather us travel through time, but take place in present day. As for the anime being a Prelude to the games, I don't think so.

HOWEVER, it is possible. Steven mentions a boy with a black charizard in the games. We are already in an alternate reality in the games from the previous games, so it is possible that the next few games could be more like the anime.

Edit: Pokemon GO could also be Pokemon Z, but not sure why they would do that.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I think they are hyping up Pokemon Go and then plan to blind side us by Pokemon Z. The anime is going to last at least another year, and possibly a small filler arc next year similar to Battle Frontier/Orange Islands.

I don't see them not making a 3rd version, because that would ruin a chance to make a good amount of money. It is said that XY plot would wrap up in a unique way, but that could also be that XY truly ends in next Gen.

The name Soul Link, reminds me of what Ash-Greninja is using.

I don't see Z being a prelude, as most pokemon had not been discovered if they go so far back in time. I don't like the idea of a prelude either honestly. I would rather us travel through time, but take place in present day. As for the anime being a Prelude to the games, I don't think so.

HOWEVER, it is possible. Steven mentions a boy with a black charizard in the games. We are already in an alternate reality in the games from the previous games, so it is possible that the next few games could be more like the anime.

Edit: Pokemon GO could also be Pokemon Z, but not sure why they would do that.
    " a boy with a black charizard..", could be red ( We've seen him using a mega charizard X in the special episodes..).
    Back to the point, I dont know what's taking them so long.
    I think that if we were supposed to get a normal traditional 3rd version, it would have happened already.

Years
  • We have RGBY re-releases, and GO. I think they're focusing on that for now. I don't think the next main game Hype train will be at full Volcanion until then.

Btw, I think the gap between DP and Pt is still bigger than the current gap between OrAs and 'Z'.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    The "boy with the black Charizard" Steven mentions in ORAS is Alain (or Alan or however it's spelled).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back