• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Third Version Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juice585

M'Ampharos
Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2016
    I personally think Sun/Moon ARE Gen 7......but they won't be out until 2017 and there's still the 6.5/3rd version game coming holiday 2016

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    The only thing I'm mad about is that this potentially ruined the surprise for the Direct. Damn it lol.

In a way this is good. Before people were worried Z would be the thing. Now we know something fresh will happen so we can hype it and not be let down. Plus the flood gates are open now.

What...Sun and Moon... Ho-Oh and Luigia? Return to Johto?!

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Sun and Moon could still be place holders. I am still hoping they have a 3rd version or sequels, just so Kalos is the current main game.

If the Direct wasn't announced, it is possible that Rainbow had been found out, so they figured it would be best to go ahead and tell everyone.

Sun and Moon could be Gen 7, but I don't think they will come before a 3rd version or sequels.

As for making things fresh, I don't want the concept of pokemon to vanish. Gym Badges and what not need to stay because that is what makes pokemon, pokemon. They can just make the games more story based. Maybe instead of gym badges, we have to get 8 metals to be challenged by the evil team or something.

If they got rid of gym battles, I don't think pokemon would last much longer. Honestly, I don't see why it needs to be changed if Pokemon is still in the top 3 or 5 of Nintendo titles. And they definitely don't need to take ideas from You-Kai Watch, which has basically fallen off the face of the earth in most places.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    But what about all the un answered questions in XY and ORAS? :(

Could always be carried into the new game. Even if let's say it is in Johto it could carry it over. After all Hoenn got XY stuff carried over. Not saying it is Gold and Silver 2 but the fact A link to the past got a new game based in that world years later makes me wonder along with the color and sun and moon concept.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • In a way this is good. Before people were worried Z would be the thing. Now we know something fresh will happen so we can hype it and not be let down. Plus the flood gates are open now.

What...Sun and Moon... Ho-Oh and Luigia? Return to Johto?!

Let me rephrase that.... it ruined the surprise for ME, lol. This was going to be the first time I've watched a game reveal on a Direct, and I was all pumped. Ah well...

This is all totally bonkers in an exciting way. So I came up with this crazy idea... what if this is like a mirror to how Gen 2 was to Gen 1? What if these games are a new Generation, but have connections somewhat to Kalos? What if it's the region that AZ fought against in the Kalos War?

I'm sorry, but there has to be some way that we'll be able to obtain Zygarde's other Formes. An event would be kind of unfair, depending on the method of distribution; the nearest GameStop from me is like a 2 hour drive.

Juice585

M'Ampharos
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2016
    Masuda himself tweeting out about the Moon being out while the Sun is up.

Oh man, hype thrusters on full go now.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    Let me rephrase that.... it ruined the surprise for ME, lol. This was going to be the first time I've watched a game reveal on a Direct, and I was all pumped. Ah well...

This is all totally bonkers in an exciting way. So I came up with this crazy idea... what if this is like a mirror to how Gen 2 was to Gen 1? What if these games are a new Generation, but have connections somewhat to Kalos? What if it's the region that AZ fought against in the Kalos War?

I'm sorry, but there has to be some way that we'll be able to obtain Zygarde's other Formes. An event would be kind of unfair, depending on the method of distribution; the nearest GameStop from me is like a 2 hour drive.

His forms were never confirmed to be anything more than in the anime though. Idk I think people just jumped the gun and assumed it would be in the games. Not saying they won't be but I don't want to assume they will be. Heck we got a Charzard and Venasaure fusion in the anime that never came out in games plus a double battle in the anime 3 or so years before Gen 3. But just like how the anime does not always use the game story I think vice versa is safe to say too.

Though the idea of a return to Kalos is very possible since they do have that train in XY

Juice585

M'Ampharos
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2016
    I always thought Lunatone and Solrock were under-utilized. Like....wouldn't you make a sun and moon Pokemon mean a little more than two "throwaway" that don't have evolutions?

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    His forms were never confirmed to be anything more than in the anime though. Idk I think people just jumped the gun and assumed it would be in the games. Not saying they won't be but I don't want to assume they will be. Heck we got a Charzard and Venasaure fusion in the anime that never came out in games plus a double battle in the anime 3 or so years before Gen 3. But just like how the anime does not always use the game story I think vice versa is safe to say too.

Though the idea of a return to Kalos is very possible since they do have that train in XY
    Two things:
    1. I dont like the names: Moon and Sun .. Not so unique.
    2. I really hope the main games will have something to do with Kalos lol

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    Two things:
    1. I dont like the names: Moon and Sun .. Not so unique.
    2. I really hope the main games will have something to do with Kalos lol

You should wait for the games plot. Since the names are more unique and tend to reflect the plot. To me they are already better names than Red,Blue,Gold,silver etc Gen 5 onward titles have reflected the theme of the games

Princess Sapphire

Master Expert
    Years
    • Age 37
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 17, 2023
    As I've read through all this speculation and interesting ideas, I think everyone is forgetting something.

I recall some time ago, that there were meant to be 2 games left for Gen VI. I'm not sure exactly where I heard it, but I'm fairly sure that's what was said. Anyway, if this bit is true, then I predict a prequel/sequel kind of thing. I am in full agreement on everything pointing to Z, but if this tidbit is also true, then I think there will also be a Pokémon W, to act as a prequel.

Think about this. Ever since BW2, they have been trying to break away from the predictable norm. But one thing I feel they can't do, is leave a generation hanging with no "final version". A prequel would certainly work with what information is currently known. It's something they haven't done, and something most won't see coming. Plus, think about what that could entail. It'd take place during AZ's era, so we'd be in the thick of that war. I don't know if W has any significance as an axis like XYZ, but it could still be important.

Plus, I also believe in the Gen 6.5 theory. I basically saw that coming way back when XY was first released. The low number of Pokémon basically gave that away.

So my theory is, if the '2 new games' bit is true, then it will be Z in the traditional sense of a 3rd version, and a genuine prequel to show what really happened in the war. So that would easily be a nice way to give us more Pokémon for the current generation, as that is another thing that's never been done before. That way, the generation ends feeling complete, and then we'll really be ready for Gen VII by '17/18

And as for Gen VII, I like this Sun/Moon idea much better then Plus/Minus. To me, that makes much more sense, not to mention sounds cooler

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2016
    We don't know if it's real or not. We need to wait a few hours to see if someone finds out finally something.

My feeling: real.

My guess: It is Kalos with a Johto-like region (Kanto+Kalos+Johto)

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Whether this is true or fake, Pokemon Sun and Moon clearly debunks the Pokemon Rainbow rumor, which I'll be happy about, because this would teach you a lesson on trusting these kind of rumors.

ORAS was more loved than XY though and you can't assume 3DS will have a successor. You need to not look at it how you want at look the pretty much the facts and the facts so far are NX is taking over The PC connect is just to make access to things like downloads easier since Nintendo is very behind with that. If your expecting a PC system getting ready to be let down. With leaks like NX is expecting a PS4 title and games are being made for it it is obvious a gaming platform and with how poorly Wii U went them fusing a system makes the most sense. The days of a handheld and home console is over and that is the way it should be.

Have you not looked at Bulbapedia's review article on ORAS, a couple of the threads in the ORAS section criticizing the game, or the reception of it from /vp/? ORAS was actually worse than XY for failing to fix the actual problems from the original R/S, as well as how poorly written Zinnia's motivation is. I think people like you are the ones that's going to be disappointed if you rely so much on NX rumors being a fusion, and seriously, you actually believed that rumor about the NX being connected to the PS4 (from your comment about a PS4 title)?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Masuda himself tweeting out about the Moon being out while the Sun is up.

Oh man, hype thrusters on full go now.
    Could be a a coincidence. In Shintoism Amaterasu (sun) and Tsukuyomi (moon) were never to see each other again, so seeing the two out at the same time is seen as rare. If it's true maybe the third one will bbe Storm/Tempest (Susano'o). Or Star if they keep the space theme.

If this is what we're getting it looks like Gen 7.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    Whether this is true or fake, Pokemon Sun and Moon clearly debunks the Pokemon Rainbow rumor, which I'll be happy about, because this would teach you a lesson on trusting these kind of rumors.

Have you not looked at Bulbapedia's review article on ORAS, a couple of the threads in the ORAS section criticizing the game, or the reception of it from /vp/? ORAS was actually worse than XY for failing to fix the actual problems from the original R/S, as well as how poorly written Zinnia's motivation is. I think people like you are the ones that's going to be disappointed if you rely so much on NX rumors being a fusion, and seriously, you actually believed that rumor about the NX being connected to the PS4 (from your comment about a PS4 title)?

Here is a tip never listen to reviews CoD gets get reviews but is horrible series. Listen to what fans say. And you should actually read since I never said it was connected to PS4. I said it would was a PS4 game was coming out on it. This could mean FF7 HD. also it does not debunk Rainbow at all. The man said it was a "code name"

As I have said before I hope this concept of Gens is dropped since I feel it limits them and in a way makes fans expect things. Like many were were expecting Z and it seems %90 of a chance of them being let down. Now if the concept of gens was destroyed this would allow people to not go into things with expectations. Also it could give GF more freedom for games. Since they could create new stories in old regions or new regions but not always feel like they need new pokemon.

These could be for the games after 'Z'. These are just trademarks thus far like Waterblue, Delta Emerald, and Grey.

Could be argued Delta emerald was for the added story to ORAS since it was called Delta and had the emerald mascot. Grey might have been a place holder for BW2.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back