• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen This is madness! Rotom the kitchen applince polterqeist attacks

kabigon

My body is always ready.
    Years
    I dont care what anyone says, the new rotom forms are epic WIN!

Im getting annoyed by hearing people say rotom isnt creative or that he looks stupid. The truth is that hes more creative than anything most of us could come up with. He is truly a unique pokemon with a fun concept. He's living plasma that can posess electronic items. Id like to see someone else come up with something original like that. If u want an uncreative pokemon look at luvdisk that thing is very boring looking.

Sounds

Attrapez les tous!
    Years
    i agree with u but wat was the point of making a thread for it?
    u could have just told people u know...
    well anyways i hate Luvdisc,he's weak and ugly

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Im getting annoyed by hearing people say rotom isnt creative or that he looks stupid. The truth is that hes more creative than anything most of us could come up with. He is truly a unique pokemon with a fun concept. He's living plasma that can posess electronic items. Id like to see someone else come up with something original like that. If u want an uncreative pokemon look at luvdisk that thing is very boring looking.

I beg to differ, kabigon. You have Pokémon like Luvdisk, who was based on the shape of a heart and then you have Pokémon like Mew, who seemed to be inspired by nothing in particular. Rotom isn't create because the designers took home appliances and made them into alternate forms of a Pokémon. Rotom is thrown into the same group as Luvdisk as they're based on something so bluntly obvious it's as if there isn't a change from the object to the Pokémon.

kabigon

My body is always ready.
    Years
    I beg to differ, kabigon. You have Pokémon like Luvdisk, who was based on the shape of a heart and then you have Pokémon like Mew, who seemed to be inspired by nothing in particular. Rotom isn't create because the designers took home appliances and made them into alternate forms of a Pokémon. Rotom is thrown into the same group as Luvdisk as they're based on something so bluntly obvious it's as if there isn't a change from the object to the Pokémon.

I bet 3 year old girls can make more creative pokemon than luvdisk.
    Admit it. luvdisk is garbage in every sense of the word.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    They are, all of them are great but Im not really feeling the fan one.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Wow nice. A fun little fact is that the discovery of rotom was made by pluto himself which is a friend of rowans. Evil proffesor that went bad in the field? Frikin nice for a pokemon game no?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    How did you find that out? Sounds very thought out.

o.necromancer.o

(Insert Something Random)
    Years
    • Age 31
    • ?
    • Seen Sep 29, 2008
    Yeah I agree too, I just saw the new rotom forms last night and they are EPIC win! (and luvdisc is stupid)

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
    I think they're all great. People who don't like them don't like any new pokemon and are just obsessed with the first generation because it was from their blissful childhood days. Honestly, I don't know why people like that are members on a pokemon fan forum.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    The site of pokebeach ever heard of it?Yeah ill post a full walkthrough on the story. Its acually a cute little past detail of the money bent madman.

• Each copy of Platinum comes with a special insert that depicts one of Rotom's new forms, along with sillhouettes of the remaining four. On the insert, players are instructed to activate the game's Mystery Gift feature by entering the phrases "Everyone Happy" and "Wi-Fi Connection" at the Jubilife TV station. Once the feature is activated, the Secret Key can be downloaded either via wi-fi or from a retailer.
    • After you obtain the Secret Key via the Mystery Gift feature, head off to Eterna Galactic building and talk to the wall. A new room will open. Ensure you have a Rotom in hand, and talk to any of the five appliances inside the room--oven, refrigerator, fan, washing machine, or lawnmower. Rotom will enter the device, change form, and immediately learn a new move. This move will change if you talk to a different device. If you talk to the one you already switched to, Rotom will turn back to normal and its special move will disappear.
    • Once Rotom enters a device, the device disappears. So, while it is possible to have a full team of Rotom, you can never have more than one of any form. All of Rotom's different forms are considered to be the same species, so you can't enter more than one Rotom in the Battle Tower, Castle, or Roulette events. However, you can use two different Rotom on the Battle stage.
    • Rotom reverts to its normal form inside the Union Room, Wi-fi Club, etc. It behaves just like Giratina Origin Forme and Shaymin Sky Forme in this respect.
    • The journal in the secret room belongs to Pluto. As a child, Pluto lost his toy robot. While looking for it, a Pokemon popped out of a lawnmower, surprising him. He befriended the Pokemon, naming it "Rotom" because of its origin. As much as he liked Rotom, Pluto could never hug it because it constantly discharged electricity. One day, Rotom got startled and shocked Pluto, knocking him unconscious. When Pluto awoke, Rotom was gone. He searched all day, but couldn't find it. As the sun set, he noticed his toy robot laying in a pile of garbage. The robot's eyes sparkled, and Pluto realized that Rotom had gone inside the robot. Rotom's electricity was contained by the robot's motor, and Pluto could finally hug it.
    • The first time you transform Rotom, Professor Rowan appears to examine it. He says that when a Rotom goes inside an appliance, it fuses with the motor, becoming a creature that's half Pokemon and half machine. He also tells you that long ago, there was a Pokemon that went inside a toy robot, just like your Rotom went inside the appliance. Could it be that Rowan was once friends with Pluto?

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I bet 3 year old girls can make more creative pokemon than luvdisk.
    Admit it. luvdisk is garbage in every sense of the word.

If you're unable to read my post properly, just say so and I will happily rewrite so you can read it in an easier manner. I said that Luvdisk is a horribly designed Pokémon and that Rotom was the same, not that Luvdisk was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    NOA better release the item. I IV Bred a Rotom all day yesterday with 26/25/17/27/28/26. If they don't release that item, then all my work was for nothing, seeing as how normal Rotom's stats are inferior to its alternative formes.

Washing Machine Rotom FTW :D
    (water is the best type after all)

Amen to that =] Water rules. And so does teh fridge. ^_^ Especially if they confirm the typing on all the rotoms. Are they all still electric/ghost? If not, a water/ghost ROCKS.

The lawnmower still scares meh. O_O

Years
    Either Nintendo's trying to do something unique or they're desperate.

It's looks alright, but meh. Still, it looks pretty nice, kind of.

I can't decide. :S

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
    The site of pokebeach ever heard of it?Yeah ill post a full walkthrough on the story. Its acually a cute little past detail of the money bent madman.

• Each copy of Platinum comes with a special insert that depicts one of Rotom's new forms, along with sillhouettes of the remaining four. On the insert, players are instructed to activate the game's Mystery Gift feature by entering the phrases "Everyone Happy" and "Wi-Fi Connection" at the Jubilife TV station. Once the feature is activated, the Secret Key can be downloaded either via wi-fi or from a retailer.
    • After you obtain the Secret Key via the Mystery Gift feature, head off to Eterna Galactic building and talk to the wall. A new room will open. Ensure you have a Rotom in hand, and talk to any of the five appliances inside the room--oven, refrigerator, fan, washing machine, or lawnmower. Rotom will enter the device, change form, and immediately learn a new move. This move will change if you talk to a different device. If you talk to the one you already switched to, Rotom will turn back to normal and its special move will disappear.
    • Once Rotom enters a device, the device disappears. So, while it is possible to have a full team of Rotom, you can never have more than one of any form. All of Rotom's different forms are considered to be the same species, so you can't enter more than one Rotom in the Battle Tower, Castle, or Roulette events. However, you can use two different Rotom on the Battle stage.
    • Rotom reverts to its normal form inside the Union Room, Wi-fi Club, etc. It behaves just like Giratina Origin Forme and Shaymin Sky Forme in this respect.
    • The journal in the secret room belongs to Pluto. As a child, Pluto lost his toy robot. While looking for it, a Pokemon popped out of a lawnmower, surprising him. He befriended the Pokemon, naming it "Rotom" because of its origin. As much as he liked Rotom, Pluto could never hug it because it constantly discharged electricity. One day, Rotom got startled and shocked Pluto, knocking him unconscious. When Pluto awoke, Rotom was gone. He searched all day, but couldn't find it. As the sun set, he noticed his toy robot laying in a pile of garbage. The robot's eyes sparkled, and Pluto realized that Rotom had gone inside the robot. Rotom's electricity was contained by the robot's motor, and Pluto could finally hug it.
    • The first time you transform Rotom, Professor Rowan appears to examine it. He says that when a Rotom goes inside an appliance, it fuses with the motor, becoming a creature that's half Pokemon and half machine. He also tells you that long ago, there was a Pokemon that went inside a toy robot, just like your Rotom went inside the appliance. Could it be that Rowan was once friends with Pluto?

Thats very interesting. If i remember correctly,
    Pluto is that new Galactic Professor in the story line.

kabigon

My body is always ready.
    Years
    If you're unable to read my post properly, just say so and I will happily rewrite so you can read it in an easier manner. I said that Luvdisk is a horribly designed Pokémon and that Rotom was the same, not that Luvdisk was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Rotom has a quite fun and entertaining design to me. I dont see at all how it looks horrible. It quite effectively looks to me like a true pokemon. Its one of those things you can glance at and say "Now thats a pokemon."

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    Well its about rotom and the title should give it away. Anyweh as you all know rotom got itself 5 different forms. Thats right 5. The captions like the icy fridge rotom are mine btw.And are very bad and teribble puns. And here they are:

This is madness! Rotom the kitchen applince polterqeist attacks

Frost form. The icy cold rotom!
    Form move:blizzard

???? form. The cleaner of teams!
    Form move:????

???? form. I think this one blows!
    Form move: air slash

Cut form. Sadistic killer rotom.
    Form move:Leaf storm

???? form. To hot to touch.
    Form move:Overheat

And those are the mystery shadows. They are rotoms and they are here to stay. And as you see each one has a form move. Stats are to be revealedsoon by serebii and coronis.

So my Lvl 43 Rotom in Pokemon Pearl can change into either a fridge, a washing mashine, a fan, a lawnmower or an oven in Platinum? xD xD
    Oh, the creativity that is Pokemon. :D

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2009
    I don't like them, really. They don't fit with Pokemon - since when did they decide that recognisable house electronics would make good Pokemon?

What next, a TV? DVD player? Computer?

Back