• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

This Luvdisc's special stat is out of this world!

Ayselipera

Has there ever been a time when you caught a Pokemon purely out of how much you loved the way it looked and then when you used it you were horribly disappointed? Making for such a useless Pokemon that you really couldn't take it any farther and had to dump it somewhere before making it to the Elite Four? I know for myself it's happened more times then I can count. Especially when I was younger and didn't pay attention to stats too often.

Which leads me to my question. Let's say one day Game Freak calls you up and asks you to take one below average Pokemon and give it some of the best stats ever seen. Which Pokemon would you pick and why?

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    It's happened to me with Pachirisu, it couldn't hold its own in battle.

Now for the Question answer :

I'd choose Delcatty, with such a diverse movepool it could be a possible sweeper if it's Sp.Atk and Speed stats were high.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I've always wished Persian had better base stats. I decided to train a Persian one day since I was impressed with its Technician boosted Fake Out and Bite but I was severely disappointed by its lackluster Attack stat. I trained it to LV100 and never touched it again.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Driftblim and.. Mismagius. My love of Ghost Pokemon blinded me. Although they're not bad but, Driftblim is easily taken down with Rock Slide, even with the massive HP.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    This thread belongs in General Pokémon Gaming due to stats discussion being more game specific.

As for your question, I would increase Pidgeot's attack and speed so it has the stats to compliment the incredibly cool design that it has been given. Also, I would love it to be able to out-speed extremely fast Pokémon - such as Ninjask.

AntiZero

Remember?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    Kricketune can't really battle effectively, in my opinion. :( It's such a cool Pokemon, but it lacks great offensive capability.

So I wish Kricketune could have higher stats so it could be used by more than just Bug Type lovers.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I'd give Drapion 15 points each in base HP and both defenses and it'd be perfect. :D

Rapidash

Firefly Class.
    Years
    I agree with whoever said Persian, has such a great sprite and reasonable movepool plus technician ability.

I also want an improvement in magikarp Chatot. I love the idea of it, but I'm not having that burden on my team!

AleksanderU

Woohooo
    Years
    I want to give Electrode a better sp.at stat =) It's fast, but that's all. If he had some more sp.att he could be a solid pokemon on a team.

And yes, I tried it on my team and it didn't work at all xD It got the first att of and died from the opponents att ''/ Failed xD

rockets>u

The Champion of on-and-off
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2011
    I would redistribute 30 special attack points and give Pidgeot more speed and attack, it sucks for a 3rd evo basically.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Smeargle needs super awesome stat boost please. ^-^ In all categories really, however the little artist has proved itself good in certain roles, so...yeah.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I would love to boost Pidgeot's base attack and speed stats. It has such a good design. No one wants it to be considered a joke when compared to Swellow or Staraptor.

Flareon's base attack stat should be decreased and instead be placed in its base spt. attack stat. Honestly, I don't understand a Pokemon like Flareon would have such a high attack stat.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Here are the Pokemon whose stats I'd like to tweak:
    -Farfetch'd (+30 in Attack in Speed)
    -Jaroda (switch its offenses and defenses around; 95 in Attack/Special Attack and 75 in Defense/Special Defense)
    -Emboar (increase its Speed up to 80 or 85)
    -Armaldo (make its Speed the same as Anorith's or make it 85)
    -Reshiram (switch its base HP and Speed)
    -Wigglytuff (increase its offenses by 20 or 25)
    -Crobat (increase its offenses by 10)
    -Jumpluff (increase its offenses by 30)

Kinoko_Otoko

Mutant Jumpluff
    Years
    Flareon's base attack stat should be decreased and instead be placed in its base spt. attack stat. Honestly, I don't understand a Pokemon like Flareon would have such a high attack stat.

Just give it access to decent physical fire-type moves...

I second Jumpluff. I don't even care what stats you increase, just make it competitive. I still used it in Colosseum tho...

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
    Let's say one day Game Freak calls you up and asks you to take one below average Pokemon and give it some of the best stats ever seen. Which Pokemon would you pick and why?
    I would say Farfetch'd, but I think one of the reasons that I love it is because it's so... useless. It's like a lovable idiot.
    So I guess Luvdisc. Ever since 3rd gen. it's been a favorite of mine, even though it totally sucks.
    Ditto, it would be able to be a great team member if it became sturdier and faster and gained an unique ability which it would retain when transformed.
    loool when it comes to casual battles I find Ditto to be really useful. Before I was aware of competitive battling my friend would kick my ass with her Dragonite, and I found that just sticking a Ditto in my party was a quick fix. She always sent out Lapras first anyway, so I was able to get access to her Ice-type attacks.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    That happened with Golem, way to slow with bad Special Def.

And with many of the bug types unfortunately , that will change though with the massive stat increase of the 5th gen bugs though :)

PKFL_531

What do you expect?
    Years
    When i caught my first swablu, I started to use her for every battle. Soon, I wiped out the entire Elite 4 with my Altaria.

The opposite goes with Pelipper. I wanted to use him for battle all the time, but as soon as I got to Wattson's gym... Reality ensues.

mal'akh

Hate this place. Gone for good
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Psh, my baby Luvdisc needs some more love from Game Freak. A lot more. Cute, lovable, and that's about it. Sp. At boost would be epic.

Back