• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen This might be old, but it's awesome (Riley Truth)

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2011
    Riley is really St. Aaron! :O

I just realized that today, after watching a rerun of it on CN.

Look in the thumbnails to see.

How do they look similar? Here's how:

Same spiky hair (located in front and back)
    Same Hat (Notice the front tip is the same on both. This includes the back part of it.)
    Same Favorite Pokemon (St. Aaron had a Lucario, which was his student and his "friend". Riley mains Lucario in Iron Island (And other places) )

This was either a prelude to St. Aaron, or just pure coincidence. It could be a prelude because the D/P US games came out about 9 days before the movie did.

Thoughts?

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Yeah, I noticed that too. They do look really similar, but from different time periods, of course. Probably a decendant of him, like Ash was (I think), or just an equivalent. One must remember that the anime and the games are pretty much separate. Either way, it looks like they were making a character to show off a pokemon, rather than giving the character a pokemon to show off. XD

Adley

Tidiliboo
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Sweet. But, St. Aaron is like frozen it a big tree. Perhaps a grandson or something. But they must be related. Perhaps this will be a development on the anime

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    It's beyond obvious that one is based off of the other, to help tie the games and anime together.

It's not a coincidence of course.

Japanese D/P release date: September 28th 2006

Japanese movie release date: July 17, 2005

Now, Diamond and Pearl were obviously under development for a long time, but they potentially could have based it off the movie character. Or the movie character could have been based off the Diamond and Pearl character under development. Either way, it was a way to get people to see the movie and get excited for Diamond and Pearl by seeing not only the new Pokemon, but a hint as to where to get the new Pokemon.

Cid

Years
    Hmm... I think they are similar, but they aren't the same person. Riley's probably a descendant.

Riley seems to have the power to control aura, too (see his Platinum front sprite), so that's more proof.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I believe it was said that he is a descendant of Sir Aaron.

Back