• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Those lil' pocket monsters -- why like them?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
  • Simply put: why do you like pokemon if at all?

Well, for myself...when I was very little, I can say its how I was able to be more social on talking with people; because I've had much in common with those people; playing pokemon games to be exact.

So you know; I've always liked playing the pokemon games, and also raising pokemon; that was more of my interests.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Well, I first got into Pokemon because they resembled animals, and I really liked animals. Then I learned about the anime and started watching it and I began to enjoy it and now it sorta stuck onto me after a good 11 years or so. I still like it because it brings back good memories from my childhood and it brings me a bit fun every now and then.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • Well, I first got into Pokemon because they resembled animals, and I really liked animals. Then I learned about the anime and started watching it and I began to enjoy it and now it sorta stuck onto me after a good 11 years or so. I still like it because it brings back good memories from my childhood and it brings me a bit fun every now and then.
    This. Except I don't watch anime anymore. (unless I randomly feel like watching it because I have nothing else to do)

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Pokemon is part of my childhood and without it, tbh, my character would be so different right now. I just liked it back then when all of my friends are playing it. I pleaded my parents to buy me my own game, which they did. Then it stuck on me for a good portion of my current life. besides Harry Potter is my whole childhood

Katja

Years
  • I love animals. I wanted to bet a vet for like, ever.

Also, I wasn't allowed any pets for a while. :/ So I guess that's why?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I like Pokemon primarily because of the unique designs they have, as well as their competitive battling prowess.

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    I like Pokemon primarily because of the unique designs they have, as well as their competitive battling prowess.

6 Pokemon with 4 moves are competitive? More like repetitive.

I wonder what level of competition would RTS be for example.

OT: Pikachu in the TVs of Downtown where I came from, and mainly because I traded someone the game.

Last edited:

Maple Leaf

dazed and abused
    Years
  • I got into Pokemon because somebody randomly gave me Pokemon Red while cleaning out his house.

After that one day, I was hooked.

ElectricScyther

The lessons we learn
    Years
  • The main reason I like pokemon is because the "monsters" are so cool/cute/weird but awesome/etc. Seriously, if it hadn't been for them I would never have gotten into pokemon... although I wouldn't have been one of those jerks who automatically hate you if you play pokemon. Deep down, I'd think stuff like "This 'Charizard' or 'Lucario' is kinda cool after all."

Years
  • I got hooked on Pokemon since the beginning, and been hooked ever since. The games are just fun to play, along with all the different kinds of Pokemon designs. The anime stinks now though, but I still love Pokemon.

Years
  • I always liked watching the show back in the 90's because I thought it was so cute and interesting how the show represented another world where animals have freaking superpowers and shizz. It just attracted me somehow. :>

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • The RPG aspect of the game and the idea of exploring the world with your army of destructive minions was what drew me into Pokemon initially.

It's Leaf from FR/LG that keeps me interested in Pokemon. Oh, and the whole adventuring/RPG aspect that got me hooked in the first place :P

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2012
    one of my friends let me play theirs when i was round their, and i couldn't wait to get back round their as soon as i left hehe ^^

so i bought my own game, then i found out about the anime series, and probably watched that every day before school...

now i iz addicted.

Back