• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Thoughts about battling rules and tiers

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    In my opinion, the first and first objective of participating in Pokemon battles is that fun should come first before anything else. This means minimum hassle, and in so it also means that only the most important rules should be implemented. Other more subjective and/or trivial things should not be given any consideration barring very exceptional circumstances.

So the rules I use for battling is very simple.

If you are allowed to do it in Flat Rules, you can do it, full stop.

Besides, having to check lists before every battle is really cumbersome and I would have liked the fact that battling on real systems is more authentic.

Oh, and when it comes to official stuff, it's always going to be something that doesn't follow community tier lists...

Just my two cents.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    uhhh, yes, enjoy being swept by excadrill and garchomp twigs.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    donavannj;bt71576 said:
    Community tier rules exist to keep things fair and balanced. It's no fun for those who don't want to use overpowered Pokemon to face against those with a team of overpowered Pokemon.

This. Also, If you're in OU there's only a very small amount of Pokemon you can't use. 22 out of 649.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    tier lists exist so that everyone can use their favorites! :3

plus there are some pokemon people don't like facing: garchomp, excadrill, thundurus

but yeah you can battle whatever way you want. :)

Back