• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Thread too old

shot571

On another forum they used to have some text come in the box that you post in stating that this thread was too old and not too post in it. I reckon that might help people from posting in older threads.Pretty sure I havent seen it here although I may not be looking at month old threads.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Hmmm... this would probably be something that would benefit a lot of members. One of the rules that seem to catch up to even the best of us - who always do our best to stay within the rules - is the thread revival rule. Even though I don't think this is 100% necessary, since there are ways to tell if a thread is too old to be replied to, it is something that could help people out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I agree. Personally I think the revival rule is a little pointless, but short of dropping the rule...this is the next best thing...a reminder to users in threads over a month old that you simply can't miss.

mr. ck

कुछ मीठा हो जाये
    Years
  • I thought about this too...

I don't find the rule pointless, but it would be good if PC does something like that.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • I would love something like this, especially if it would be altered per forum/have different rules. (some have two months, thread creator update only, no revival at all)

Years
  • Yeah I know what you're talking about, those are always really helpful, I would like it if PC had one, but I don't know how you would just add it in or whatever. :P

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    This idea is wonderful. I would say do it, but the only thing I am concerned about is feasibility. Even if it is, I think it would take a lot of work.

Back