• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ties of love and Friendship

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen May 27, 2011
    Nice chapter... although I told you to avoid using the same word over and over again in the same paragraph... *gets killed by the word "tentacle"*

Plasma

Jolteon Expert
    Years
    I must say you appear to be using a style of writing somewhat similar to mine. Remind me why I get bashed by you for using just a similar style?

Years
    O.o did I bash you? ... no... just contructively criticized you. I find your story ok but I didn't say it was crap. Furthermore, my story might look alot like your in first person view. Your is a first person view that isn't in past tense which makes it have that RP look. Ok, here's a new chapter. I'll be updating more soon!

Chapter 17: The Truth

I see myself walking along the beach with my mother. She?s so beautiful with her long hair flowing behind her. She was holding my hand and all I could remember was her smiling face. The waves roared as we walked together laughing happily.

?C?mon mom!? I yelled laughing as we raced towards home.

She was laughing and smiling as she ran up to me.

?Wait up Gary,? She said.

I tugged her arm as we both walked home together. At night, she would tuck me and she would tell me about my father. I would imagine a tall figure with messy brown hair and a smile by his beloved wife.

Then I saw something else. It was the vicious grip of monsters on my family. I kept hearing the screams of pain and agony. My parent?s bodies lay strewn with their friends and the chill of the icy laughter filled the gloomy air.

?NO!? I yelled as I woke up.

I was sweating and I was breathing hard. I clutched my heart and it was pounding hard. I found myself in the middle of darkness with fire on one side. I was lying on the soft grass as I wiped away sweat from my forehead.

?Oy, Kid!? Yelled someone. ?Having a bad dream??

It was the same man who rescued me. All I could remember was getting carried away from a pack of psychic Pokemon projecting thoughts into my head. The rest, I guess I fell asleep.

I nodded to his question and gulped.

?Finally your awake,? He said kneeling beside me. ?So, what?s your name??

?Gary?? I said trying to breathe.

?Hmm? well Gary, nice to meet you. Name is Makoto. Makoto Hikari.?

?Th-thanks,? I stammered.

?Huh? Oh yeah!? He exclaimed. ?No prob. Just seeing that some guy like you were being attacked by those Pokemon. In fact, I was kinda worried since I hate psychics myself.?

?What did you say?? said a girl behind him.

My heart leapt as I looked around him.

?Sakaki!?

?Oh hi,? She waved. ?It?s you, huh? How?s Abby??

?You know her?? I asked Makoto.

?Well, she?s my cousin.? Makoto said as he rolled his eyes.

I paused for a while. The name Makoto sounded familiar to me.

?So, you?ve managed to get here?? Sakaki asked. She looked exactly the same from the first time I met her. She has long black hair with dark hazel eyes. Being Toshin?s sister, she seemed to resemble him a bit.

?I saw that!? Sakaki said as she turned around.

?Oops? well? so Gary, met Sakaki before??

?I met her at Pewter. But I thought that it was a dream.?

?Oh that,? Sakaki said. ?Sorry, but I don?t like people staring at me around here.?

?How did you do that? You made everyone disappear.? I asked.

?Well, I have to tell you? I?m a psychic.?

A low grumble came from Makoto as he scratched his messy blue hair.

?Makoto!? Sakaki yelled. ?Just because you?re not a psychic doesn?t mean you have to bug me often!?

Another grumble was heard from Makoto as he looked at the blue sky.

?Just ignore him,? Sakaki sighed. ?You know my brother right? He?s asked us to watch you.?

?Me? But why?? I asked.

?Dunno,? Makoto quickly replied. ?He?s always like that.?

?Since ten years ago?? Sakaki whispered.

?What happened??

Both of them were silent.

?Well, it?s kinda hard to tell,? Makoto begun. ?It?s?well??

My mind was suddenly clear.

?I remember!? I exclaimed. ?I remember seeing you guys before? it was when Toshin was training me.?

Both of them looked at me with a look of discontent.

?You guys were talking about something?a gate! That?s it!?

?You knew?? Sakaki asked.

?Huh??

?It was a gate. A rouge by the name of Reiji was tracked down in this?this continent by Toshin ten years ago. It was something personal to him?that?s why he left without telling us.? Sakaki explained.

Silence was around us for a while but then Makoto broke it.

?So, you were supposed to go to Vermillion, right??

?Makoto, you always wanted guests to leave!? Sakaki said interrupting him.

?Well, at least I?m not a girl with a guy?s name??

?What did you say?!?

?I think I?ll be staying?? I said solemnly still remembering my dream.

?Oh, good. That?ll teach Makoto to treat guests nicely.? Sakaki smiled.

~*~*~*~

It was night already. Makoto and Sakaki were soundly asleep; both were separate after an argument involving who should wash the dishes. Sakaki obviously won when Makoto tried to claim that I should wash them.

I didn?t want to sleep. Especially when I woke up from a nightmare. I couldn?t get my mother?s face away from my mind. I haven?t told them what I exactly saw earlier and I haven?t told them of Toshin?s secret, too. I was troubled with the man who killed my mother in my vision. What if he truly exists and what if he?s truly out there for blood.

?It couldn?t be!? I said out loud. My head rattled with my echoing words.

Then why is my mother alive? Why is Red alive? But my father?I don?t know. I gazed up on the sky counting as many stars in the dark blue sky. The wind blew and ruffled the trees and blew the leaves on the ground. I tried to find a comfortable spot and rested my head on my sore arms. My eyelids were heavy as I breathed slowly. Last night, I had the same dream again. I remember my mother holding me tightly around the darkness. She was protecting me from the cold gale. An icy shriek filled the air followed by a cold laugh. I was crying and so was my mother. Her tears streamed down her face as she tightened her embrace.

?Mommy!? I yelled as she collapsed. The wind was stronger and the cold sent shivers through my spine. I walked around the darkness trying to find my way, but at that moment, I woke up.

?Mom?? I whispered as I wiped my tears.

?You don?t need to worry about her.? I turned around and saw that Sakaki was sitting behind me. ?I know what you saw earlier,?

?You?you do??

?I?m a psychic,? She said reassuringly. ?What you saw really happened. Only...? she said before I can hesitate. Then she was silent.

?I don?t understand,? I said breaking a minute of silence. ?How can it happen??

?Well, I don?t know?I still can?t explain it.?

I looked down still thinking about my mother.

?Ah, Yellow?s fine. Cheer up!?

?Yellow??

?That?s your mom?s name, isn?t it??

?Yellow?? I said changing the tone of my voice.

?Well?I guess that is??

?I think her name?s something like? Am-am?? I said trying to remember her name.

?Amy, huh?? Makoto said springing up.

?What? No!?

?Makoto! For the last time, her name?s not Amy!?

?I met her earlier than you and she said her name?s Amy so shut!?

I was confused as the two battled out another vicious battle. Makoto occasionally threw cusses and some insults.

?It?s Yellow! Her friends call her that and you heard it!?

?I met her when she was four and don?t tell me that?s her name; all their names sound weird anyway. Amy suits her better!?

Both of them stopped when Sakaki realized I was lying down again. Arguing in the darkness made them sound like idiots to me. More like kids. They reminded me of Nick and Michelle.

?Gary??

?I?m fine.? I replied quickly.

?Look, I?m going back to sleep. Makoto, if you want to argue me, do it tomorrow.? Sakaki said as she began to leave.

It was silent again. Makoto stroked his robe occasionally leaving scraping sounds.

?Sorry,? He said out of silence.

?Huh? For what??

?Well, you think that I?m a jerk, huh??

?No, why do you think so?? I asked.

?Well, I know that your mom?s name??

?I don?t know?you people know so much about my parents you don?t even tell me. Not Silver. Not Red. Not Toshin. No one!? My voice rose to a yell as I felt tears streaming down.

?Look,? He began.

?No one really knows. Your mother, I met her before. She?s kinda cute. Back then, I know she?s going to be a good mother. Back then?when I first saved her life. She held tightly to my robes as I killed those thugs that want her. If I wasn?t there?maybe I won?t be here right now. I remember her smile. Maybe that was all I remembered. When I left her, she cried so much. She wanted me so much like a big brother.?

After that, he sighed.

?Good night,? He said as he stood up.

?Wait!?

?Huh??

?Makoto, why did you say her name?s Amy?? I asked. I could see his pale blue eyes shining from the moonlight.

?Amy?that?s what she said to me. I guess??

?One more thing,? I said before he began to turn.

?What is it??

?I?m leaving for Vermillion tomorrow. If Sakaki doesn?t wake up, tell her that Abby?s doing fine and she?s awesome. I?m leaving early.?

To Be Continued

Last edited:

Plasma

Jolteon Expert
    Years
    Case in point, Oni, but I have an ace up my sleeve. Many of the best stories use a past tense in their writing. Some even use first person as well...

Years
    So is mine... and mine is in past tense too... golly, you don't seem to get what I was saying don't you?

Your story is in first point of view and that's good. I'm not bashing you or something but it looks like your trying to find a flame war or something. This story is in first point of view and I'm using a past tense - like everyone does. When I said that your is in RP style, it means that you don't pay attention to your context clues and you don't want me to flame up do you?

Plasma

Jolteon Expert
    Years
    Never mind, oni. I'm sorry... :( I just don't quite get what you mean by context clues...

Kenta

OK! Kanpeki!
    Years
    Very good chapter! Amy is her name eh? heh. I still call her Yellow :P
    Cant wait to read more! Good job! :rambo:

Years
    Wow! Thanks for the reviews! Your comments are much appreciated! ^^;;

Here's a new chappy!

Chapter 18: The Dreamer

I was on my way again. I left without saying a word or anything. I just want to be alone. I remembered Makoto?s words about Mom. I don?t know whether to believe him or not but he spoke so clearly. My mom used to tell me that whenever someone would look you in the eye and would speak without hesitating, they?re telling the truth.

I continued my way down to Vermillion. The buildings began to appear now. I could see them above the horizon. Beyond the city, a vast ocean streaked across the endless blue. The sea sparkled and the waves roared. I could smell the ocean and I thought back of home. Pallet town.

I made my way through the city and into the seaport. A huge ocean liner boomed its horn as it stopped at the dock. There were people talking and yelling. The sailors lowered the stairs as people started to flock to the dock. I walked backwards trying to see the whole ocean liner but I instead bumped someone behind me.

?Hey! Watch where you?re walking, whelp!? A sailor said as he pushed me aside.

?What? Oh, Sorry!? I said turning around and began to walk away.

?Aye! You?re not walkin? away!?

?Huh, what do you mean?? I asked as I stopped on my tracks.

?I?m in a bad mood here, so how about a battle??

?A b-battle? No, no! I just need to go??

?Fight me, whelp!?

He started to charge at me but I began to run away.

?Run away like a coward, eh?? He yelled at me as he started chasing me. ?Come back here!?

?Ah! I?m sorry! I don?t want to hurt you or something!? I bawled as he continued chasing me.

?Hey, pick someone your own size!? A girl yelled.

I stopped and turned around to see a young blue-haired girl in front of the sailor. She was wearing a light blue jacket and light yellow shorts. Her hair was down and she was wearing a yellow cap. I could see her backpack and goggles are in one of his hand.

?Aye! You mean you wanna piece of me, shorty?? The sailor snorted.

?Yep, beat me first!?

?Kid, if you wanna live, step aside.?

?Some ugly sailor you are, ignoring a challenge!? The girl said mockingly.

?What you say?!?

?That?s right! Go, Kaorin!? She summoned her Meganium at once and commanded a vine whip. Within a moment, the sailor way running away running for his life.

?Phew,? I sighed as I wiped sweat off my brow.

?You Ok, kid?? She asked as she approached me.

?Kid? How old are you?? I asked.

?Me? Name?s Marina. I?m eight and from New Bark Town!? She exclaimed with a smile.

?Eight? Isn?t that too young???

?That?s what all people say!? She said frowning a bit.

?Are you really a trainer? You even have a fully evolved Pokemon.?

?I?ve been a trainer for a year now,? She sighed frustrated. ?My mom and dad let me, you know.?

?But??

?Ok, have you heard of the Elite Four?? She asked.

?Well, yeah??

?I?ve beaten them.? She said and smiled quickly.

?What? All four??

?Four in a row, I?m the current Jhoto Champion!? She still has a smile across her face.

?Yeah right,? I muttered as I began to walk away.

?Hey! I?m telling the truth!?

?Yeah, like everyone does these days.? I replied sarcastically.

She the told me that she was a genius who first started to train at seven. She beat all the Jhoto gym leaders in less than three months and defeated all of members of the Elite Four. I continued to not believe her and challenge me to a battle.

?Come on!? She begged.

?Ok!? I yelled. ?One on one!?

?Cool!? She cried then hugged me.

?Hey, hey! Battle already!?

?Ok, Kaorin, let?s win this!?

She sent out her Meganium once more. Its antenna twitched once then ruffled its petals.

?Blaze, this?ll be easy!? I said releasing my Charmeleon.

?Cool! A Charmeleon!? She squealed happily.

Blaze looked at her curiously as she continued to laugh.

?Ok, let?s start!? I yelled.

?Ok, Kaorin, Body Slam!? At once, her Meganium pounced forward towards Blaze.

?Blaze, dodge it and use crush claw!?

Blaze barely dodged it and slashed Kaorin twice with his heavily claws.

Kaorin just shook of the attack as if nothing happened to her and bounced back near Marina.

?Crush claw, an attack that raises attack power,? I heard her mutter. ?Kaorin, reflect!?

A shining barrier appeared in front of Kaorin and then disappeared.

?Blaze, use crush claw again!? If she is right, crush claw can raise my Blaze?s attack.

However, something wrong happened. Blaze?s claws slashed Kaorin but it didn?t seem to affect it much.

?What the heck??

?Reflect increases my Pokemon?s defense. Since crush claw is a physical attack, it has not much effect on my Meganium.? She said with her hands on her hips.

?Clever,? I muttered. ?Learned that from school or something??

?My mom,? She replied. ?She?s a teacher, you know. Now, Kaorin, body slam!?

Before I hesitated, Kaorin launched a body slam towards Blaze. Blaze was hit and was launched a few feet away.

?Blaze!? I yelled.

?And it?s a one-hit-KO!? She said gleefully.

?What? How did you??? I stammered trying to find the right words.

?My Meganium is in a high level. I think I forgot to tell you that.? She smiled as she returned Kaorin.

I returned Blaze and began pounding her some questions.

?If you really did beat the Elite Four, who are they??

?Uh?? She began as she held out her fingers. ?Let?s see? there?s Meagan, Jeremy, Weena and Gold? my dad.?

?Gold?s your dad?? I said in a state of shock.

?Yep,? She said smiling. ?Crystal?s my mom and she?s a teacher in Violet city.?

?Whoa. So you?re really?th-the champion??

?You people of Kanto are annoying.? She said as she began to walk away.

?Wait! Hold on!? I yelled taking out something from my pocket.

?Huh? What do you want??

?Do you know these people?? I asked showing her a picture of my mother and father.

?Hmm,? She closely examined the photographed. ?I think?I saw them before?she?s pretty and he looks a lot like you.?

?That?s my mom and dad.? I said putting back the picture in my pocket.

?Really? Um? that?s interesting.?

?And if I?m not wrong, our parents are friends.? I exclaimed.

?Maybe your right?? I know she?s starting loose interest as the tone of her voice started to change.

?Our parents?they were friends aren?t they??

?What?s your mom?s name?? She asked me.

I thought for a while and started to remember.

?Yellow??

?Yellow?? She repeated. ?Daddy?s talked about her!?

?Really??

?Yep! My daddy says a lot about her. She knows this guy, too. Um, what?s his name?Green!?

?My dad!?

?There?s more?there?s Red, Silver and Blue.?

I smiled as she told more about what her mother and father told her about their friends. They were all trainers of different leagues. I knew how Red used to like my mom?but I have no clue why they didn?t go together. I learned a lot from Marina just from our conversation. She talked about her days traveling Jhoto meeting friends and learning more about Pokemon. She told me about her family and how they lived happily in New Bark Town.

?So, you gonna challenge the leader, huh?? She asked.

?Yeah?I need to train though,? I replied.

?Say, I didn?t get your name.?

?Huh? Oh, it?s Gary.? I replied stretching my hand out.

?Nice to meet you, Gary!? She replied shaking my hand.

To Be Continued

Kenta

OK! Kanpeki!
    Years
    That chapter was so awesome! Gold and Crystal's daughter Marina :)
    Very nice touch! She was a bit hyper :laugh: must take after her dad.
    Looks like Gary learned a lot.
    Marina being the champ is cool too. At age 8 :classic:

Years
    Chapter 19: The Wanderer

?You want to follow me?? I asked as I turned around.

Marina?s been following around me since the last ten minutes.

?Well, I?m not familiar with the parts around here,? She said as she looked around Vermillion curiously. Her bright eyes were looking around the streets and the corners of the city. ?And I like to know more about Kanto, too.?

?Well, I don?t know where I?m going either.? I told her.

We continued walking east until we reached the edge of the city.

?This looks like the wrong way,? I muttered.

?Duh!? She looked around and ducked under the tall grass.

?What are you doing?? I asked.

She told me that she was trying to find wild Pokemon. When I asked her why, she said that she heard that the leader uses electric Pokemon and she needs a ground type to win the battle.

?Oh really??

?I?ve heard of the leader. His name is Surge. Retired military lieutenant, former SS Anne captain and former Rocket executive.? She said still trying to find Pokemon.

?Rocket? You mean Team Rocket?? I exclaimed.

?Yep, remember they were disbanded by a group of kids 15 years ago?? She talks more than an adult rather than an eight year old.

?I think we should go back to the city.?

?Shh!? She snapped. She continued to crawl around the grass. ?Some of the best Pokemon come out at night, you know that??

?Well, no?? I confessed.

She paused for a while then stood up. She dusted her shorts and walked up to me.

?C?mon, let?s go back.? She sighed.

?Finally,? I muttered.

As we were walking back, something caught my eye. It was at my side, behind the bushes I saw a red headed girl with pale blue eyes peering at us.

?Huh? Hey you!? I yelled.

Marina turned around when I yelled. The girl, realizing that she was detected, started to run away farther east.

?Hey! Stop!? I yelled chasing her.

?Why are you chasing her?? Marina yelled as she caught up to me.

?I don?t know. I think she?s been stalking us or something.? I replied while gasping at the same time.

?Stalking?? Marina repeated as we continued to chase her.

The girl was wearing a dark jacket that seemed to be a bit bigger than her body since the sleeves were longer than her arms. Her denim pants looked dirty with grass stains and dirt. Her long red hair flowed as she continued to run without stopping.

?Isn?t she going to stop?? Marina gasped as she tried to catch up with me.

?I don?t think she?s going to.?

We continued to run across fields and more trees. Finally, we stopped. The girl was trapped in front of a sea route.

?Stay right there!? I yelled.

She looked at me with her thin lips and her bright glare. She held out a Pokeball and threw it releasing a Pokemon.

?Surf,? She muttered.

?What? A Dragonair?? Marina yelled as she managed to appear in the scene.

The girl jumped on the Dragonair?s back and streamed away.

?Still want to go after her?? Marina gasped as she took of a Pokeball.

?I?nah?never mind,? I replied walking back.

?Oh wow, now we have to walk back, huh??

?Yep.? I replied half enthusiastically.

?Well, suit yourself, I?m gonna fly there!?

?Fly?? I asked.

?Well, don?t you have a flying Pokemon?? She asked taking out a Great Ball.

I took out Sage?s Pokeball at once.

She released her Pokemon immediately and out came a silvery bird Pokemon. It flapped its heavy wings and floated.

?Meet Alvis,? Marina smiled.

?Whoa,? I gasped. ?Never seen a Skarmory this close before!?

I then released Sage at once. Marina observed it for a while.

?It?s a bit small but I think it can carry you.? She said.

?Are you sure?? I asked doubting her a bit.

?Sure I?m sure!? Marina smiled. ?Now, let?s get back. It?s getting dark.?

She hoped on Alvis? back and started to fly.

?What do I do?? I asked.

?Just grab its feet or something!? She yelled. She was now twenty feet above the ground.

I grabbed Sage?s feet and he started to fly. Amazingly, without effort, Sage lifted me up off the ground.

?Wow!? I gasped as I looked at the ground. Everything was very small and the wind was blowing through my hair. ?This is cool!? I yelled.

?Yep! Beats walking!? Marina yelled back.
    I looked below and saw many things. There were forests, rivers, people and several fields of green. I looked across the horizon and I could see the city?s tall buildings. I loved the feeling of the wind blowing across my hair. Soon, we were back in Vermillion. The lights around the city started shine as we walked along the sidewalk.

?Wow, this city looks awesome in the dark,? I gasped.

?Yeah,? Marina replied. ?Where are we gonna stay?? She asked.

?I only sleep in the wild? hey, how about a hotel?? I said pointing to one.

?Cool!? She exclaimed as she happily trotted to the next street.

~*~*~*~

Next day, we wandered around Vermillion. We ended up in front of Diglett Cave?s entrance.

?Where does this go?? She asked curiously.

?Well, one way to find out.? I said as we both entered.

It was dark and calm inside. It was also cold and it reminded me much of Mount Moon.

?I bet there?s bunch of Digletts around here?? Marina whispered as we wandered around the darkness.

?Or more,? I continued.

A soft rumble was heard underground.

?What the heck was that?? I asked.

?Must be Digletts,? Marina replied.

A roar was heard afterwards.

?Digletts don?t roar, do they?? I said with my voice shaking.

?No they don?t,? Her voice was shaky, too.

The roar was louder and louder. Suddenly, the ground was shaking, too. We both landed on the cave walls as the ground shook more violently.

?What is it?? I yelled.

?I have no idea.? She said clinging to my clothes.

The ground shook more violently as we staggered out of the cave. Outside, we could see the opening starting to grow wider and wider. A loud roar was heard and I could see a large rocky snake come out. Its horn protruded out of the entrance as hordes of Digletts swarmed out of the cave.

?Wow! An Onix!? Marina gasped.

?It looks? kinda angry,? I stammered as I walked back one step behind.

?No it doesn?t!? Marina smiled as she approached it and patted its head. The Onix roared very loud and caused Marina?s hair to wave. ?Ok, maybe it is!? She yelled out of the noise.

?Maybe we should go no?? I began but I was interrupted.

?It?s stuck, it can?t go anywhere,? She smiled at me.

At that moment, the entrance began to crack and the Onix?s head was no longer trapped. It raised its head and looked down at us. It stared for a while then roared.

?Run!? Marina yelled as we ran due east. The Onix came chasing after us.

?It?s after us!? I yelled.

?I know! Obvious isn?t it?? Marina yelled back.

We ran as hard as we could as the Onix kept gaining on us. We could hear its rocky body scrape across the hard ground. It kept roaring as it kept chasing us. It was getting nearer and nearer as we kept running. My chest was burning and my legs were trembling when I realized something.

?Wait a minute,? I yelled. ?We have Pokemon.?

Marina stopped and slapped her forehead. ?Duh!?

She took out her Pokeball and released Alvis. ?Steel Wing, Alvis!?

Alvis obeyed and flew up. It was shining as it struck the Onix?s body. The Onix roared once but kept going. It slapped Alvis away with its tail and continued chasing us.

?How did that happened?? Marina yelled as she returned Alvis. ?My Skarmory?s at a higher level!?

?I don?t know but I?ll try!? I yelled back and stopped. ?Abby, come on out!?

I released Abby and she was ready.

?What the heck do you think you?re doing with an Abra?? She yelled from behind me.

?I know what I?m doing,? I replied with a smug expression. ?Abby, confusion!?

Abby sent out a powerful psychic wave that made the Onix stagger backwards but shook off the attack as if it was slapped. I cowered as it moved forward twice as fast.

?It?s a good idea to teleport us out!? Marina yelled as she approached me.

?Confusion one more time!? I yelled again.

Another attack caused the Onix to move back a bit. However, it still continued to move forward.

?Why don?t you use your Pokemon?? I yelled to Marina.

?Mine? After what it did to Alvis??

?Never mind then,? I said. ?One more confusion!?

?This is futile, master.? I heard Abby say. ?It?s too strong for me. Ask the human girl for assistance.?

?I?ve already asked her and she won?t help!? I replied out loud.

?Gary? Are you talking to yourself?? Marina asked.

?You haven?t, master. Ask her!? Abby replied.

?I noticed that the Onix was already in front of us. It was in pain from all of the attacks that it took from Abby and it was about to collapse.

?Marina,? I said. ?We need you??

The Onix?s roar drowned my cries for help.

?Look, we need your Pokemon!? I yelled over the Onix?s roars.

?Not her master!? Abby said loudly.

?What do you??? I noticed something in the corner of my eye.

It was a girl. The same red headed girl we saw yesterday. She took out something from her pocket and I realized that it was a Great Ball.

?Catch it.? She said calmly. Her light blue eyes shined as she threw the Great Ball calmly. Her red untied red hair flowed slowly with the wind. I caught a glimpse of her face and it was nothing familiar to Toshin?s or Makoto?s.

I caught the Great Ball at once and threw it towards Onix. With a flash of light, Onix was inside. It wobbled once?twice?thrice?

?Gotcha!? I yelled as I picked up the Great Ball.

?Who was that?? Marina asked.

?I don?t know. But my Abra told me to talk to her.? I replied.

?You can talk to your Abra?? She exclaimed with a shocked expression. ?That?s incredible!?

?Well it?s a long story?? I began as we continued to walk back.

I glanced back once and saw that the girl disappeared. As we both walked back to Vermillion City, I can?t get the girl?s face out of my mind. There?s a deep feeling inside me that she isn?t related to Toshin. Her dark solemn expression lingered but that all disappeared the next day.

To be continued...

Kenta

OK! Kanpeki!
    Years
    Very good chapter. Tough Onix to fight. Course Marina could have used Meganium's Solar Beam ;)
    Im thinking that girl could be related to another certain red haired boy..........XD

Years
    if you know... don't spoil... XD

Chapter 20: Close Encounters

The next morning, I was confident that I?m going to win my gym battle. Marina, for some mysterious reason, decided to explore outside of Vermillion than follow me.

?I gotta know what?s around here!? She said as she walked the opposite direction.

I found myself in front of the gym. It looked a lot cleaner than Pewter Gym and less decorative than the one in Cerulean. I found it kinda boring. The glass panel window were lined up outside from each side and the doors looked new and shiny.

?Here I go,? I whispered to myself.

I pushed the doors and beheld the stadium in front. Bleachers lined at the sides of the stadium and spotlights glared their powerful lights at the stadium. The stadium had steel floor and was spotless. It looked very shiny as if there were no battles held on it.

I walked towards the stadium floor waiting for the leader. Remembering Marina?s words about a former criminal, I was ready for all of the action.

?Challenger, eh?? A man said. I could see his outline from the darkness that weren?t shined by the spotlights. The man stepped forward. He was wearing glasses and he has dark red hair. The leader wore camouflage pants and a white shirt. His gloves were as dark as the shadows behind him.

?Lieutenant Surge?? I asked.

?What? Oh sorry about that.? He laughed. ?I?m the leader?s nephew, Austin.?

?I thought the leader was Surge??

?Oh he?s out somewhere. I?ve been asked to take over the gym. Though he didn?t leave his Pokemon with me. You?re lucky.? I remained silent as he polished his glasses.

?So,? He began. ?Are we going to battle or no??

?I?m on it!? I replied. My heart pounded as we both took out three Pokeballs.

?How about this? Three on three, single battle.? He said.

?I?m ready.?

?Good,? He threw out his Pokeball, releasing his Pokemon. ?Voltorb, go!?

At first glance, I thought a Pokeball came out of a Pokeball. Instead, I saw eyes and I was quite shocked.

?Whoa!? I came to my senses and took out my Pokeball. ?Blaze, come out!?

I decided to not use Sage for this battle thanks to Marina?s advice of electric types.

?You know flying typed don?t like electricity, don?t you?? She asked.

?Well??

?Don?t use Sage if you don?t want it fried.?

I snapped back to my senses when Austin called the attack.

?Sonic boom!? He yelled. Voltorb sent out a powerful sound wave. My ears hurt for a while as Blaze was hit by the wave.

Blaze shook of the attack and stretched its claws.

?Blaze, use crush claw!? I yelled.

Blaze leapt up with its claws outstretched and slashed Voltorb twice. Voltorb was sent back screeching all the way. I looked at Blaze as it swung its claws more. He whipped its tail from side to side as he growled.

?Voltorb, give it another sonic boom!?

There was another sound wave from Voltorb. Again, Blaze shook of the attack.

?Blaze, hang in there! Use another crush claw!?

Blaze?s claws shined as he slashed Voltorb twice. Voltorb rolled as it fainted.

?Ahh! Oops!? Austin muttered as he returned Voltorb. ?Take it from here, Electrode!?

Another Pokeball look alike. Only this time, the white part was on top. It shined its gleaming smile as it boasted it to Blaze.

?Another one, huh?? I muttered. ?Blaze, crush claw.?

?Not so fast! Electrode, thunder wave!?

Electrode sent out a jolt of electricity that encircled Blaze. The wave of electricity tightened around Blaze.

?Blaze!? I yelled. Blaze?s attack failed since he was paralyzed.

?Gotcha, now use rollout!? Austin commanded.

Electrode rolled around and hit Blaze. Blaze was thrown back and tried to stand up.

?Blaze, stand up!? I yelled. He tried but the paralysis made him stay on the ground.

?Keep attacking!? Austin commanded.

Electrode continued to roll around and hit Blaze. Blaze was knocked back and hit the gym wall.

?Blaze, stand up!? I called. Blaze stood up and staggered back to the battlefield.

?Still want more?? Austin jeered. ?Attack, Electrode!?

Electrode spun around faster and rolled towards Blaze. The moment looked as if it was in slow motion.

?Catch it, Blaze!? Blaze caught the rolling Electrode at once and stopped it on its tracks. However, Electrode kept rolling no matter what.

?Throw it off the wall!? I yelled. Blaze forced its momentum to throw Electrode off to the wall. The wall crashed as Electrode slammed into it.

?Crap!? Austin yelled as he ran towards Electrode. He returned it quickly and minded the wall. ?Uncle?s going to kill me!? He yelled frantically.

?Huh? What do you mean?? I asked.

?Well, I take care of the gym you see. I?m also?well? in charge of cleaning it up?? He replied embarrassingly.

As he said the words, I heard a roar of fury outside.

?AUSTIN!? A man yelled outside.

?Crap!? Austin replied. ?What am I going to do? What am I going to do?? He wiped his forehead and went outside.

?You destroyed the gym while I was away?? The man yelled. He was more like ranting than questioning.

?Uncle! I?m sorry, you see??

?What do you mean?? The leader ranted. ?I asked you to watch over the gym and you completely demolished one side!?

I ran outside ready to apologize. As I was going to exit, a tall man with a strong build blocked me. He was wearing a camouflage jacket and pants and his hair was white.

?Where do you think you?re going?? He roared as he pushed me back with his strong hand.

I stepped back a few steps and confronted him.

?Well, sorry if I destroyed your gym, but I was only battling your nephew, sir.? I said as I tried to keep my balance since my feet were trembling.

?You destroyed my gym?? He roared. Behind him, I noticed a woman with long dark hair. Her calm cold eyes wandered around as she walked slowly. She was wearing dark red clothes. She stared dully at me.

?I-I?m sorry, sir!? I stammered.

Surge looked behind him and glanced at the woman. She nodded and Surge whispered something.

?Is he?? was the only thing I understood.

The woman nodded and they both looked at me.

?Stand straight!? He roared.

I did what he said quickly even though he slightly terrified me.

?You were here for a challenge, eh?? He said while pacing back and forth.

?Yes, sir.? I replied quickly.

?You?ll get one if you answer my question.? He breathed once. ?Where are you from, kid??

?Um, Pallet town, sir.? I replied quickly.

Surge looked up to the woman. She nodded and then looked t me.

?It?s really him, huh?? He then turned to me. ?Your name is Gary, am I correct??

?Yeah, how did you know my name?? I asked completely shocked. I was quite annoyed since people these days seemed to know my name.

Surge laughed loudly. More like roaring again.

?You might look like Green but you sure act a lot like that girl Yellow.? He laughed.

I saw a smile from the woman?s face. Though I was still confused.

?I?I still don?t get it?? I replied.

?Say you want the battle, huh?? He asked.

?But?you know my parents??

?Well, yeah. They?ve been meddling with our affairs for a whole year. Took three of them to beat us off. Your mother actually beat the champion once.?

?Wow! The Champion?? I exclaimed.

?Well, a whole army of grunts couldn?t even take them down. But I?m expecting the same from you!? he said.

?Huh??

?A battle, kid! Battle!? He replied.

?Oh! Yeah! I got you!? I replied.

~*~*~*~

With the help of items, Blaze was back to full health. The battle was beginning now. With Austin in the sidelines, it was far more different feeling. The mysterious woman was behind Surge observing the battle.

?Go, Electrode!? Surge yelled.

This time, I was ready to handle an Electrode.

?Blaze, let?s win this!? I called.

We both sent out our Pokemon and I was ready. Surge commanded a light screen. A powerful wall of light shrouded Electrode. I was wondering what was it for but I didn?t mind it much.

?Crush claw!? I commanded. Blaze charged forward to strike Electrode but I was too late.

?Electrode, double team!? Electrode separated and turned into two.

Blaze paused and was confused. He waited for an order from me.

?Attack the one in the right!? I said quite confused myself.

Blaze slashed the one in right, but it disappeared.

I was shocked and heard Surge say, ?Gotcha, thunder wave!?

Electrode sent out a weak shock wave that encompassed Blaze. The waves caused Blaze to be paralyzed again.

?Crap, not again!? I muttered. This time, I was annoyed.

?Stand up Blaze and use ember!?

Blaze stood up and tried to focus. He sent out embers that hit Electrode but they didn?t seem to affect it much.

?How did that happen?? I muttered.

?You seem to not pay attention to my light screen, eh?? Surge drawled.

?Huh? What do you mean??

?Light screen halves all powers of special attacks. I knew you were going to use special attacks once paralyzed.? He continued.

I gritted my teeth and tried to concentrate.

?Now, rollout!?

Electrode rolled around gathering momentum and charged towards Blaze.

?Blaze, do what you did last time!? I yelled.

Blaze raised his hands the moment Electrode crashed into him. Blaze managed to stop it but it kept on rolling.

?Throw it away!? I cried.

?Explosion!?

?What?? I was in disbelief when Electrode exploded. It threw back Blaze several feet away from the battlefield. I returned my Pokemon and so did Surge.

?Nice,? He grunted. ?Getting warmed up??

?Yeah,? I replied half smiling.

?Go, Abby!? I said while releasing my Abra.

Surge laughed. ?You want me to battle against that thing?? He said trying not to laugh more.

I stayed silent as he sent out a Magneton. Three Magnemites that floated around and stared at Abby with their gaping eyes.

?Abby, confusion!? I commanded. Abby sent out a powerful wave and hit Magneton. However, it didn?t seem to affect it much.

?Thunder wave!? I heard Surge yell.

?Abby, teleport!? Abby teleported just in time and reappeared behind Magneton.

?Psywave!? I commanded.

Abby sent out a Psywave towards Magneton. Thanks to Marina, I learned that Psywave is a fixed attack. Even though a Pokemon is resistant to that attack.

?What the?? Surge cursed and commanded another thunder wave.

?Teleport again!? I repeated. Abby teleported once more and appeared behind Magneton. ?Psywave!?

?Oh no you don?t!? Surge yelled.

?Thunder wave!? Magneton did so and sent another wave of electricity.

Abby was paralyzed immediately even though it didn?t seem she was.

?Thunderbolt!? Surge commanded.

Magneton sent out a powerful shock wave towards Abby. She was thrown back a few feet but she tried to sit up again.

?Abby, don?t give up!? I yelled.

?Finish it off with tri attack!? Surge finally commanded.

I looked at Magneton and I saw three multi colored beams. It sent out a blue, yellow and red beam towards Abby. It was a direct hit and Abby fainted at the impact.

?Crap,? I muttered to myself.

Left with only one Pokemon left, I brought up my courage as I returned Abby.

?I only have one Pokemon left.? I thought to myself as I took out a great ball. ?Better make this smart.?

To be Continued

Kenta

OK! Kanpeki!
    Years
    Very awesome gym battle! Ha! His nephew was in trouble :laugh:
    Surge was battling smart. He beat Abby :cheeky:
    The finish is gonna be great!

Omega-Brendan

Bahamut's Owner
    Years
    w00t!? the battle is up to Sage? Sage evolves into Pidgeot or learns a new move I fink... Marina is kewl... BTW, why doesn't Red + Misty get a baby boy called Ash? they would make good travelling buds or rivals. What happens to Mr Guy with Red hair and Mrs Girl that married Mr Guy with red hair?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back