• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Time Continuum (Sci-fi Riddle)

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2016
    Time Continuum (Sci-fi Riddle).

In the time continuum, you can go forward, or backward in time!
    If you go back in time, you change the future; and when going forward in time, you leave parts of the past unchanged (you're missing).
    You speak to four characters on your way to the Time Continuum.
    The first, second and third characters, do not tell you their names; but the fourth character, tells you it's name, 'Time 4', and after, you're in the Time Continuum.
    Time 4 advises you, "change as little as possible".
    Question:
    How do you escape (or normalize) the Time Continuum, at this point?

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    Time Continuum (Sci-fi Riddle).

In the time continuum, you can go forward, or backward in time!
    If you go back in time, you change the future; and when going forward in time, you leave parts of the past unchanged (you're missing).
    You speak to four characters on your way to the Time Continuum.
    The first, second and third characters, do not tell you their names; but the fourth character, tells you it's name, 'Time 4', and after, you're in the Time Continuum.
    Time 4 advises you, "change as little as possible".
    Question:
    How do you escape (or normalize) the Time Continuum, at this point?

How far have I gone? Am I going backwards? If I am going backwards I simply find somewhere quiet and secluded where I know I'll never stumble in years to come and just kill myself. I will still be born in 1990 regardless, and my death in the wilderness will likely change nothing else in the past. If I'm going forward then I just keep going until I can find a way to travel back to the day before I'd initially entered the timestream and would simply ensure it was inaccessible to the former me that day. Knowing that two of me cannot (or rather, should not) exist in the same space and time I take it upon myself to remove me and Time 4 from existence to stop any further damage to the overall timestream.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    Go back in time, introduce yourself as Time 4 and tell yourself to change as little as possible.

Wouldn't you interacting with your past self create a time paradox though?

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    Not if you remember it happening in that exact same way.

Watch Predestination (:

It's a touchy subject! I got that game over screen more than once and ever since I have feared the phrase "Time Paradox"!!

Years
  • I'll go back in time. Take Time 4's advice and tell my past self not to time travel. Thats it end of time continuum.

But if it involves those character and time 4 then Rukario's answer is best.

Back