• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Times When You Wanted To Break Your GBA Out of Nerves...

EvilMudkip

plannin' ur doom
Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2009
    I don't really remember having any nervous breakdowns or stuff, but I get very nervous when fighting Wallace... I start sweating and after a while, shaking, and when I win, I start running around the house.

And Niprop, I know how it feels. Once, when that happened to me after like 15 tries, I started sweating, and you might say it was pretty loud. My parents wouldn't let me play for a while cuz they thought the game makes me aggressive XD

Lokiman42

Water Type > Dragon Type
    Years
  • Come on, come on, save, save...

*Power Out*

DARNNN IT!
    I just beat the Elite 4 too!
    This must have SUCKED.

I get really, really aggravated when I run out of repel in any cave and I'm only halfway through it. I don't like random encounters to begin with, but the encounter rate in sapphire makes it even worse.

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2010
    When Gary Oak or whoever appeared right after you defeated the gim leader and knocked you out.
    I'd rage.

Umbrachu

Wants a cookie.
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2021
    It was taking forever to catch Articuno. I had been at it for a long time and for several sessions (saving in front of Articuno, trying with all my ultra balls and restarting from my save point when something went wrong) Well, I got super upset at my 5th try at that when all of Artucuno's PP ran out and it killed itself with struggle. I banged my GBA on a table and the screen cracked. Oops. My mom refused to buy me a new one so I did yard work for my neighbors until I could afford a new one. :/

And there's the time when I was out of pokeballs but thought I had one left to use on a Diglett. Turned out it was my Master Ball. I started from my last save point but lost hours of work. D:

Armykid

Former Champion
    Years
  • still looking for shines....... i mean seriously i've had ruby, emerald, fire red, leaf green and diamond and i still can't find a shiny!!!!!!!!!!!

RegisteelX

Too many days to get lost
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2023
    when my zapie (zapdos) got killed in a experiment
    ok story:

i got a zapdos in LeafGreen. i trained him to lv.100 from the very first moment (no cheats) i gave all my RC to him and beated the E4 like 10x to get him to lv.100. he was my mate. i traded it to Emerald. i battled alot....but on that day, when i cloned a pokemon....he was gone....I WAS MAD AND SAD AT THE SAME MOMENT!!!
    i realy miss him

mahamaniac3

Owner of Pokemon Jett Version
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2015
    When I couldn't do the Elite Four in Pokemon Fire Red. I always got stuck on last battle! Grrrh... ALAKASAM!!!! It was like my 35th try (Give or take) and I couldn't EVER beat Alakasam, so I did throw my Gameboy across the room, and somehow it erased my Fire Red data!!!
    :(
    mahamaniac3

Beating the E4 in Emerald and then my save file deleting itself
    OMG! That's happened to me twice now (After I started again)!!! :(

mahamaniac3

Last edited:

Zodiac Realm

I'm a Negative Creep~
    Years
  • when this random kid i didn't know took my gba and my ruby and released my lv100 mach champ it was my first lv 100 too.....but i did actually break my gba lol.

shot571

when my sister restarted my ruby when i was in victory road.(that was the second reset). the first one was when i was stuck in victory road and couldnt get out and back then i was a complete newb so i restarted it without lookin at a walkthrough. the worst thing is i had a lv 80 blaziken b4 the elite four which i think is pretty good

.Missingno

Viridian City Gym Leader
    Years
  • When I Was at the Leader of the E4 On Emerald and for no apparent reason my GBA Freezes then resets my game so i had to start back from scratch lol

Freestyle Farfetch'd

I'm Magneto
    Years
  • For me, It's got to be forgeting to save affter a huge wild goose chase catching Mesprit, which I finaly achieved with a timer-ball method. That really pissed me off. Then, a few weeks later, my copy was stolen anyway!

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • When I first went through Sapphire, I was having trouble with Norman. So, I went out and caught a Nincada, got a Shedinja, and trained the crap out of it because of Wonder Guard. When I battled Norman with it, the first move he used was Faint Attack. ._.

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2014
    when one day i had a mystry mew in my fire red and one of my friend(not really my friend)starts a new game and saves and i was so mad that i wanted to punch him in the face

Back