• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

To old for Pokemon? Your Opinion!

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Loads of people play Pokemon, no matter their age! People shouldn't critisize others just because they love Pokemon.

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    I've been playing Pokemon since I was 10, and I still find it fun and enjoyable ^_^

Years
    In where I live, Pokemons are just child's play. People think, that when I'm using Pikachu-keykeeper, it's a joke. Well, partly it is, but Pikachu was a great chunk of my totally childhood and Pikachu looks so funny. xD And even in Sakuracon, I wandered around my Pikachu-plushie on my head (eh, it's five years old? o_o; I don't anymore buy those things, I just use olds again) and people was looking me weirdly. Perhaps it was that, that someone was wandering around with plushie... Or with Pikachu, zomgrei. :o

I'm 14 in summer, and I like playing pokemon, and I like those characters, however haven't watch anime in few years or so. But I like it, and if I say it people thinks I'm nuts... But, they think it usually too, but liking Pokemon is REALLY encouraging (or whatever) here. So I don't talk very much about it, just places like this. :3

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
    Years
    well I went off it for about 4 years about the same time as most peole did, and I switched to Yu-gi-oh
    I still [play yugioh, but after watching one of the pokemon episodes just for fun, I fell in live with it again, and after watching my mate playing ruby and I decided to get it just fro a laugh to see hwo it had improved, I was hooked again, I have no embarassment, a couple of my mates know, they take the mickey a bit, but only in a joke way, they dont care really.

@lex

Myth Collector
    Years
    I LOVE Pok?mon! The games make you smarter! And most people in my school are dumb morons... They don't play games/Play shooters... isn't that just sad?

Freenaturearts

Mentor in oekaki
    Years
    ^_^ As long as theres still some fun in the game I see no reason why there should not be a older group playing pokemon. I'm 17 going on 18 and I'v been playing and watching pokemon and Digimon since I was 8 o_o. I'm a proud member of three Digimon fanclubs and I'v been in pokemon fanclubs since my love of them began ^^ As long as it's still fun for you and the world of pokemon doesint mind by no means are you ever Too old for pokemon =D.
    I know my 35 year old brother is crazy for yugioh and Digimon. And he's loved them since they came on to tv ^_^.
    He's what would be called to old in some cases but when it brings a smile to you'r face how can anything that does that be to old for ya =3.

Porygon

Banned
    Years
    Mwar, yeah. You're never too old to be a kid, I mean... you grow up being a kid, it's natural to want to do some kid things, and for some people that's Pok?mon ^_^

Although my bro still ridicules me for still liking it XD

Years
    *sigh* I'm gonna be 18 in about 2 months. So what? Ya can never be too old for Pok?mon. I was challenged to a TCG just yesterday, I still play the games and when it comes to Charizard I realise that I might never quit Pok?mon! As long as ya like something it's st00pid ta quit doin' it an' throw away yar happiness just because others look at ya in a funny way!!
    ...and Pok?mon's really not that kiddy -- lol, mom ridiculed me for it too until she saw the 3rd movie! These things still trigger emotions and awe so they're still cool! ...an' if I have ta choose between acting like a mature, boring adult and stayin' a funny, sparky child I choose being a child anytime!!

Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2013
    I still love watching and playing pokemon and i don't think there is an age limit on it. In my opinion the people who say "pokemon's for kids" are still to immature to realise that everyone is an individual and have thier own likes and dislikes *sigh* they really need to realise that

~Yami_Zidane

Years
    I'm 45 and LOVE to watch Pokemon :P. Began watching during a long hospital stay in 2002, they didn't have cable then. I've seen most of the episodes and movies that are available. Its fun to feel like a kid again, even if its for a little while. :chu:

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
    DoubleWide said:
    I'm 45 and LOVE to watch Pokemon :P. Began watching during a long hospital stay in 2002, they didn't have cable then. I've seen most of the episodes and movies that are available. Its fun to feel like a kid again, even if its for a little while. :chu:
    Are you serious?

But anyway, my father shows a lot of interest in Pokemon when I'm around. Ask me a lot of Pokemon Game Mechanics. Even plays with me.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    I'm 13 and I love Pokemon! so do my parents! My dad's 46 and my mom's 49!

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
    Theres no need to feel bad I have went to winn-dixie and have found a 30 year old girl playing pokemon!Theres no age to stop playing games!

innuendo

Polish Gym Challenger
    Years
    I'm 18 and I love Pokemon :) Why? Pokemon gives me my favourite characters :) I met 2 my friends in League so. If we love something or like we don't too old :)

? Bleep ?

Drunken Latios
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Dec 21, 2005
    Well we are all playing a game meant for 5-8 yearolds... but i still like it. theres a lot of strategy involved in competetive playing, and it makes it fun... im 14 btw :)

Carina

...I'll think of something
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2006
    No one can be too old for Pokemon in my opinion.
    Personally, I don't care. If I like and enjoy something, I'm not going to stop it just because others perceive it to be immature or childish. If it makes me happy, I'll keep being a Pokemon fan.
    I think that keeping a bit of that 'childishness' is a great quality that every adult should have.
    Sorry for getting philosophical. :classic:

I'm 18 and I'd be happy to tell anybody that I like Pokemon and Sesame Street. :rambo:

Back