• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Toastie's Fake Pokemon!~

toastx2009

Raising an army of Oddishes...
    Years
    YES! I MADE THESE 100% FROM SCRATCH! I KILL PEOPLE WHO MAKE THEIR OWN FAKEMON NOT FROM SCRATCH!

Here are some of my fake Pokemon (or Fakemon) that I drawn and then turned them into game sprites. I plan to use these for my new hack (that I will start after I learn scripting).

Did I put a lot of effort into this? Yes. It toke me about 15-30 minutes for each one.

#01 - Taileaf (The Baby Lizard Pokemon) Grass
    View attachment 47971
    #02 - Gemtile (The Gem Reptile Pokemon) Grass/Psychic
    View attachment 47972
    #03 - Psyzard (The Psychic Lizard Pokemon) Grass/Psychic
    View attachment 47973

#04 - Ninjobomb (The Ninja Bomb Pokemon) Fire
    View attachment 47974
    #05 - Explofist (The Explosive Fighter Pokemon) Fire/Fighting
    View attachment 47975

Last edited:

toastx2009

Raising an army of Oddishes...
    Years

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
    Well the first thing I have to say to you is work on your shading, The shading is not very well done your using too many colors (Which in my opinion lowers quality) and If you want a true fakemon sprite then you will have to shade pokemon style (Which makes sense because your trying to make the fakemon as similar to the official sprite as possible)
    You also want the sprite positione so its looking at the bottom left hand corner, plus the shading has to be as if the sun was up in the top left hand corner.
    You might also want to draw out your pose then scan it with a scanner and do a pixel over with it using paint.net you also want the fakemon relate to a real world animal and try to find one that hasn't been used that shows originality
    So I hope this helps you
    Chibi Robo~

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
    Years
    humm they seem asthough there head on normally there on a angle

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
    Read the tutorial by skeddles,it is in the tutorial section. It will help you with shading, you have some good ideas but like chibi said, work on shading. Maybe don't use so much dithering, not needed on many of your sprites.

mulch_ar

What should I type here?
    Years
    Really, I like your ideas. But you should learn about pokemon style shading like what Chibo Robo said. Or you could see existing sprites for example. Hope I'm helping :)

ThePastaThrower

...Is adding extra meatballs..
    Years
    You need to round them more. Also use darker shades than that to avoid it looking pillow-shaded. Those are some good ideas for Fakemon. Remember, this is Pokémon, and these games have their own styles. Try comparing your own to an official sprite, that will help. In my opinion spriting tutorials are not needed in any way, but you choose.

Remember, shading doesn't always go one way. You need to put a light source, and shade according to that. Also remember that Pokémon sprites always need a visible outline. Some of the light areas desperately need a darker outline. Avoid black, use dark gray instead or alternitavely a darker shade of your color (I prefer this one). Like I said, look at official sprites.

Here's an example of your Leafail:
    Spoiler:

-------->

That something I did. You can see the difference, right? Use deeper colors. I took the arms away so that you could put them there yourself. You can change the pose so that they become more visible. Of course you don't have to do anything, just giving advice.

I'm sorry if I'm too harsh, don't mean to be. I hope this helps you in the future.

Anyway, brilliant ideas for Fakemon, I hope to see more from you!

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
    ------>

You really need to work on the shading for the fakemon and colors matter too pretend that the sun is in the top left hand corner shining down onto the sprite and try using official DP colors and when you get good enough you can use your own colors
    See the diference in the sprite How much better it looks?
    Now try practicing shading like that
    TPT: You dont want to use such a big difference in colors either
    hope this helps

Back