• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Today, a full rival battle (Sunday 6th September Updates)

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
    Well I guess thats good, seeing as Pokemon Sunday have only showcase the pre-battle before today. Hopeful a video of battle will be uploaded soon.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Cool, although i was hoping for something big, exciting and unknown for the last episode before release.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
    Well, hopefully, this is a good chance to hear the HG/SS Rival Battle theme. Would be nice if more was shown, but the themes and walkthrough videos will start being up on YouTube by the end of next week, anyway. XD

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    Ooh, nice! I was really hoping Flying Pikachu would make a comeback after the 3rd gen Pikachu couldn't be transferred with the move. And the rival battle is cool too, but I can wait until the actual game comes out to see the ingame stuff.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Apparently, they also revealed the Japanese name of the female protagonist - 'Kotone'.

Wow, part of me really hopes your joking with that name, i usually like the Japanese names for the protagonists but..i dunno, something is telling me not to like it.

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Kotone is the true name of the female protagonist.
    Serebii.net confirms it.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Kotone is the true name of the female protagonist.
    Serebii.net confirms it.

Oh well, I guess I'll get used to it.

Also the video was annoying, trying to listen to the Gold vs. Silver battle theme and those "freaks" who host the show just shouted the whole time.

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
    I guess I will have a use of the PokeWalker. I thought it will be pointless but I guess all I have to do is have it on me when I walk around to class to class with me at uni. If a housewife can get that much distance then what I will get will be off the charts.

Does anybody know what Kotone translate to english?

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Also the video was annoying, trying to listen to the Gold vs. Silver battle theme and those "freaks" who host the show just shouted the whole time.

Haha, I bet you will be shouting like that or louder when you get your copy of HG/SS.

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    I heard someone on GameFaqs say that Koto=Harp/Lute and ne=Sound, so she has a music based name.

I liked this update. It's kind of like a walkthrough for the beginning of the game.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    This is the last update before release! Woo hoo! Disappointing but legnthy.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Haha, I bet you will be shouting like that or louder when you get your copy of HG/SS.

Not really, I don't even know if I'm going to get time to pick a copy up, acting lessons take up 70% of my time, the rest is spent selling stuff on eBay and sleeping, I don't get much time to play games these days, I only come here because I'm already on my laptop.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    Kotone is a lot cuter than Soul.

And rival battle music sounds great!

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    The biggest piece of information I really got from this video was the reveal of the female protagonist's name, Kotone. It's a pretty name, although I wouldn't doubt that many fans will stick to calling her Soul as lately it seems to have grown as a natural effect when brining her up.

Altogether though, the show was pretty nice this time around, better than most that we have seen before, for sure.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
    I heard it all, so yes. Better wish for the video upload. :D
    Good thing it didn't take too long here. XD

So yeah, the Rival Battle theme is awesome. So are the Wild Battle and Route 30 themes (although Route 30 kinda has a bit of a childish vibe to it, to be honest). What was with the Rival jumping into the battle at one point, though?

Years
    Hmm, pretty good video. I like the rival battle.
    And also, I like the female characters name, Kotone, its nice xD

Back