• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Today, a full rival battle (Sunday 6th September Updates)

wnxvale

Lugia...Aeroblast!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2010
    gah, silver looks pathetic...i wouldve prefered they revamped his original sprite... he looks too...emotion filled...i want the heartless looking and acting silver from the olden days...of well, his animation isnt to bad either...

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    gah, silver looks pathetic...i wouldve prefered they revamped his original sprite... he looks too...emotion filled...i want the heartless looking and acting silver from the olden days...of well, his animation isnt to bad either...
    if you played the original G/S, you'd know that behind his heartlessness, he was driven by emotion mostly.

zirico

M.C.F.C
    Years
    Today, a full rival battle (Sunday 6th September Updates)

The lamp posts (or, to popular belief, "underground air vents") are back.

Haha, Nice font. I think it's just lamp posts to be honest, but who knows? We've not got long to wait now anyway.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I don't believe the lampposts have appeared anywhere else (like any other town)... if we were to see them elsewhere than it might be a point towards the Underground theory though. Still rather doubtful, IMO, but if there was an Underground I'd be quite pleased. XD

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    Kotone sounds like a nice name.
    Apparently we get the running shoes from the town map guy. I wonder what that Bug catcher does on the route just past Cherrygrove? And it looks like the "one berry a day" trees are back.
    The rival battle sounds great, though I couldn't tell any of the other ingame music because the presenters kept talking constantly. The Pokéwalker info is interesting-a flying Pikachu? Cool. Sort of.
    Wasn't too interested in the Pokéthlon before, but I'm starting to like it.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Today, a full rival battle (Sunday 6th September Updates)

The lamp posts (or, to popular belief, "underground air vents") are back.

I really don't think that they are air vents because the shape is more slender and doesn't look like it has openings.
    Compared to the Air Vents in Sinnoh.
    View attachment 49666

If anything, they must be lamps like you said or just as an extra decoration to make things look more interesting.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years

I really don't think that they are air vents because the shape is more slender and doesn't look like it has openings.
    Compared to the Air Vents in Sinnoh.
    View attachment 49666

If anything, they must be lamps like you said or just as an extra decoration to make things look more interesting.
    It wouldn't look like the D/P/P ones since HG/SS does have new tiles. New tiles = new style vents.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011

It wouldn't look like the D/P/P ones since HG/SS does have new tiles. New tiles = new style vents.

But they don't have any openings so then people in the underground would be suffocating right now :/

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Those lamposts are already out in the final version or something. While the event and all the gameplay is shown I still think earlier builds are still being used.

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
    Wow the music is all so jingly ... it sounds terrible .... I really don't like the game music ... but at least they showed a good HG/SS Pokemon Sunday, wow 14 minutes long that's impressive. ^^

And wow ... Hoothoots during the day? Okay now I know they've screwed up like they did with D/P/P, HOOTHOOT SHOULD ALWAYS BE A NIGHT TIME ONLY POKEMON WTF.

And your Pokemon still walks on the spot when he's next to you ... THERE'S NO EXCUSE.

The Rival encounter music was changed a lot ... they ruined it ... WHY NINTENDO WHY? And the battle music is different too they changed some notes and parts it isn't as good.

It's hilarious when you see a company's remake is worse than their own old game from 10 years ago.

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    Wow the music is all so jingly ... it sounds terrible .... I really don't like the game music ... but at least they showed a good HG/SS Pokemon Sunday, wow 14 minutes long that's impressive. ^^

And wow ... Hoothoots during the day? Okay now I know they've screwed up like they did with D/P/P, HOOTHOOT SHOULD ALWAYS BE A NIGHT TIME ONLY POKEMON WTF.

And your Pokemon still walks on the spot when he's next to you ... THERE'S NO EXCUSE.

The Rival encounter music was changed a lot ... they ruined it ... WHY NINTENDO WHY? And the battle music is different too they changed some notes and parts it isn't as good.

It's hilarious when you see a company's remake is worse than their own old game from 10 years ago.

You're overreacting. The Rival's battle music sounds just fine. The Pokemon still walking when you're not moving isn't a big deal at all. Part of the playthrough WAS during the night time/Late afternoon, so that's why Hoothoot appears.

Please don't play the "OMG THEY RUINED EVERYTHING" card until you have the chance to play. Its very immature.

シルバー

Γ Чεr ςcreαm is βut a drəαм х
    Years

I agree with this a hundred percent.

All the people who haven't played GSC and have never seen Silver before will be like "IS THAT ROARK'S SON O:?" or better yet "LOOK, THIS MUST BE ROARK IN THE PAST :D"
    Gawd we got a mini Roark whose supposed to be apathetic, not cute and cuddly like he looks.

Poor Silver, I bet they cut them off of him too.

The animation is so-so for me but I'll need to see it first hand when I get the game.

Eggie Poo Poo

Years
    Even the post you quoted states the flaws. Tell this "new tiles" argument to the signposts, postboxes and route direction signs too.

Really? Do you think hard rock or loud beeps would recapture the tune they wanted to convey? I'm sure this style works best to emulate the original style but step up at the same time.

Repeat after me, because this is you: "1:1 GSC IS MY RELIGION."

Excuse? Go play GSC and look for Pokémon that move around on the spot. They're not giving you anything different from GSC. Hell, most of the NPC Pokémon moved on the spot. Learn about the games you compare. (Oh sorry, are you really a 1:1 GSC-holic?)

By the way, religious person, CR2032 batteries aren't expensive. Rather than whining, go buy some.

Lol you're hilarious.

Well let's see, Hard Rock would be stupid so would 8-bit beeps, but it shouldn't be so jingly like a bunch of cute snow bells jingling, it should be like the D/P/Pt music. It sounds putrid right now.

And literally, in a modern game of today with all the other features they have in this game, there simply is NO EXCUSE to have a walking on the spot Pokemon. And what the hell? Why are you telling me to compare better when you just said in GSC the Pokemon move on the spot?

Why are you justifying it by saying it was like that in the original?

Now mister Hiroshi Sotomura, repeat after me:

"1:1 HGSS IS MY RELIGION." Because you seem to blindly defend it without realizing how many faults it has.

You're overreacting. The Rival's battle music sounds just fine. The Pokemon still walking when you're not moving isn't a big deal at all. Part of the playthrough WAS during the night time/Late afternoon, so that's why Hoothoot appears.

Please don't play the "OMG THEY RUINED EVERYTHING" card until you have the chance to play. Its very immature.

Pal, look at the Pokedex part. It shows that Hoothoot appears during the day, this is the same crap they pulled in D/P/Pt, it's either laziness or pure stupidity.

And Pokemon still walking when you're not moving IS a big deal, it IS. It is incredibly distracting and annoys the eyes so much and it just shows you that lack of effort they had because they couldn't make a standing still sprite, it really makes you laugh.

Last edited:

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    I agree with this a hundred percent.

All the people who haven't played GSC and have never seen Silver before will be like "IS THAT ROARK'S SON O:?" or better yet "LOOK, THIS MUST BE ROARK IN THE PAST :D"
    Gawd we got a mini Roark whose supposed to be apathetic, not cute and cuddly like he looks.

Poor Silver, I bet they cut them off of him too.

The animation is so-so for me but I'll need to see it first hand when I get the game.

Please cry harder.

I still don't get why people are complaining about every single thing. If they made Silver look exactly how he did in GSC, no ****ing doubt you're probably going to complain that gamefreak was "lazy".
    You'd have to bring out an entire graphic chart to get people with at least half a brain to seriously believe that's roark. Most people aren't as stupid and won't think how you think they will.
    How in the hell does the new silver look "cute and cuddly"? Please point out to me how he does, I honestly can't see with his grin in the VS screen and his angry/dissatisfied face in his artwork. What do you want him to look like? If the new silver is "cute and cuddly, I'd assume you'd want him to look like a sadist with chains and spikes all over his limbs with tattoos, metalhead hair and his pokemon on leashes?

They changed Blue from R/B/Y to look like a flaming **** with bright orange hair in FR/LG, how does seem?

But hey what can I say, you can never please children.

You're ****ing stupid.

If you don't like it, don't play it simple as that. Stop preaching your opinions down other peoples' throats and making this game out to be the end of the world or some ****ing **** because it's not a 100% port and because it's not exactly how you want it to be.

Go back and play the original G/S/C, stop trolling here making it worse for everyone else.

I SWEAR TO GOD. Everyone here has their own demands as to what you all want this game to be like as if gamefreak OWES you all something. They don't owe any of you jack ****, stop acting like the world is going to ****ing end because they did some thing that you don't like.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    The way the wild Pokémon battle theme was remixed sounds a bit-too similar to the way FT/LG remixed their theme (which I though sounded off-key, and disliked.), though I'm not going to be too quick to judge. Still, the Rival Theme sounds awesome, and fitting for Silver.

Eggie Poo Poo

Years
    Good job by the way, trying to paint me off as someone who gives a damn about the fact that these are remakes. To be perfectly honest, I don't really care about the imperfections you hate so much and the way you go on about it, regardless of it being your opinion, is pretty immature. Not everyone who likes aspects of this game is into the whole "this is a remake" thing.

Plus, do explain how it has these "noticeable faults" when it's not even out yet, why don't you?

I know he's banned and all, but the point he stabs into you still stands; the post above says exactly what I think: you're going off as if GameFreak owes you or something. I told you though to go get a CR2032 battery. Go do that rather than whine about the games, why don't you?

I failed to express myself clearly enough, but most NPC Pokémon in G/S/C move on the spot.

Noticeable faults are things that we've seen that don't need to be seen just at the release date, we can see them in previews now. It's like writing a letter to someone telling them you're going to take a crap on their yard, they see it coming beforehand so they don't need to wait till they see the brown stain to realize it's not good.

The bad things are like how some (most) of the music is ruined and made to sound like that Christmas song Jingle Bells, Rival is ruined, they add too much crap like they did with FRLG, when what they don't realize is is that the fact that it's being remade with 3D graphics is enough of a new thing. Kimono girls are basically on your ass for longer than they should be, they were unique before now they are going to annoy me, now there are Rocket Admins which makes it too much like these modern Pokemon games like 4th gen.

I could go on with the problems, but this is not the topic for that.

GameFreak DOES owe us something. They decided to a GSC remake because fans mostly wanted it, so why give us an incompetent game? And sorry if I'm so picky about this, but this is the Pokemon game I grew up with, the first one, so I want the remake to be perfect. Clearly this is going to feel like another 4th gen game with the same mistakes 4th gen had.

And still, saying NPC's moved on the spot in the original GSC is an invalid point, because that was 10 years ago. There is no excuse in this day and age for that.

Kleinchen

boldly going
    Years
    • CA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2013
    I am actually really, really impressed with the Rival battle music. It sounds pretty much identical to the GSC rival music, only cooler. Plus the whole "VS!" thing right before the battle is a great touch too, with the really nice art in it rather than a nasty pixelated face. (RSE E4 anyone?)

And actually, I think the moving Pokemon sprite is great. It makes the Pokemon seem more lifelike, giving it more personality, rather than it just standing still like a statue. I think it would be cool if the pokemon's nature effected how much it moved around, like a Lonely or Relaxed nature wouldn't move around much, but a Hasty or Naughty would constantly be moving. Now THAT would be awesome. x3
    Even back in Yellow, Pikachu moved around if left alone too long, and NPC Pokemon would move by themselves all the way up to DPPt. So I think it's a very nice touch. C:

Back