• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Togepi, Togetic or Togekiss on your team?

Did you use a member of the Togepi Family on your team?

• Yes

Votes: 106 61.3%
  • No

Votes: 67 38.7%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    No. I just disliked their designs. Perhaps I'm too fussy about their looks. I want my team to be both strong and err... beautiful at the same time.

If only togepi could learn Strength, Rock Climb, Rock Smash and Cut, I'd turn it into a HM slave.

Rawrinism

Shandera'd
    Years
    Well, I have togetic on my team atm. (After 3 restarts)
    When I was on the HG/SS section, I saw someone talking about Togepis on the team and I haven't had one on my team since ever, I decided to try it out. It's not that bad! :3

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2011
    I'm soppy. I hatched the Togepi egg asap and carried it around in the Pokewalker for a while... then once it had evolved, obsessively played Pokeathalon until I had a shiny stone. xD; I need to go through and select some good moves for Togekiss, but I love it because of its design and sound. Such a poppet. If I'm not flying with my Rayquaza from Sapphire, I'll be using Togekiss.

MysticFlygon

Rookie Hacker
    Years
    I haven't used any of the Togepi family on HG/SS yet because I usually just deposit the egg in the PC before I hatch it anyway. Togekiss is an amazing Pokemon but I'm far too lazy to evolve Togepi by friendship and then do like 10 Pokeathlon competitions to get a shiny stone.

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    I'm looking for a shiny stone... I'm almost at Victory Road and she's level 40! In the beginning when she was a little Togepi the training was a little difficult, but she's gotten stronger!

Years
    Mine Togepi is still in PC box since time it hatch from egg, once i finish main story maybe i start using it because its extremely cute pokemon :)

nm legend

Years
    well yea i do now since i just started to continue my sweep thru kanto i have replaced my Scizor with the Togekiss that was the togepi from Mr. pokemon

...........Scizor is purely for competitive battling at this point now

Years
    Yes. :X

Yea, I did, and man was it beast.
    My level 89 Togekiss had 253 SP. ATTK and 215 SP. DEF, and the following moves:

Fly
    Aura Sphere
    Psychic
    Hyper Beam

More often then not, it was holding the Choice Scarf too.
    This thing got me 10,000 win streak in the Battle Hall of Pokemon SoulSilver.
    Then I traded it to my Platinum, because I wanted to start SoulSilver over.
    And somebody stole my game. :(

But the good news is that now I have a level 78 one, getting better. Its nothing like the old one, tho.

pmwilkins

Grundleweed Harvester
    Years
    I love the Togekiss I use. I've done 2 different movesets with it. One was a Paraflinch

Thunderwave
    Airslash
    Aurasphere
    Roost

With that set you paralyze anything faster than you and Airslash them while they flinch to death. With Serene Grace they flinch opponents 60% of the time! They almost never get to attack, even less if you paralyze first. Plus they have a really good special attack, so opponents go down pretty quickly. The other set I ran switched Roost for Ancient Power. This gave Togekiss a 20% chance to raise EVERY sat. It seemed to work more than 20% of the time though... Try it out.

Nateon

Pokemon Will Be Real One Day!
    Years
    Hated Togekiss at first 'til i gave it a chance, now it's my favourite normal and flying type, it's an awesome pokemon and if you teach it well it will be a valuable member to the team

Kairyu444

Nearly.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2012
    Togetic in Silver, Togetic in Crystal, Togekiss in Platinum, Togekiss in HeartGold, another Togekiss in HeartGold.

Yeah, I think it's safe to vote 'yes' on that poll.

Years
    All the way through HG, I had Togekiss in my team, mostly for Fly, but Metronome as well (love that move!)
    But now I switched it for Snorunt, as my Snorlax is a normal type, and I always try to never have the same type twice.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I don't like raising happiness Pokémon so I tend to ditch them if I get one in a game. Same thing happened with Togepi. :/ I don't like Togetic much, either, and I only like Togekiss by proxy since one of my friends really likes it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I figured by the time Togepi hatches, my Pokémon are already level 15-ish, so I'm just too lazy to raise the Togepi to that level. :P Togekiss is an amazing Pokémon, but I can't get one without a Shiny Stone, sooooo I just stick to nabbing a Zubat or a Pidgey at the beginning of the game instead. :/

PorygonShellder

Courteous Fighter
    Years
    I used Togepi, because I wanted to test it out. My Togepi evolved at Level 19 and Togetic was pretty helpful throughout the game, I finally figured out you could buy Shiny Stones at the Pokathleon Dome and it finally evolved. My Togekiss knows Fly, Aura Sphere, Extrasensory and Sky Attack.

Back