• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Togepi, Togetic or Togekiss on your team?

Did you use a member of the Togepi Family on your team?

• Yes

Votes: 106 61.3%
  • No

Votes: 67 38.7%

• Total voters

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    I was looking in the HG/SS Teams thread and I noticed the Togepi family was in almost every team. So I was wondering did you use the Togepi family in your team. If so why if not why not.

Personaly I did, it was mainly because I like to have a Pokemon that can use Fly on everyone of my teams for convenience and because I don't like HM Slaves. I also like my Togekiss because it's very bulky and can take lots of hits (even super-effective) of Pokemon 20 higher. It was either Togekiss or Crobat for me because I couldn't use Skarmory because I have HeartGold.

Hoppip

Hoppip used Solarbeam!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    I used one because Togekiss is one of my favourite Pokemon and I couldn't have won if I didn't have Yawn and Wish. It also can take some hits. I thought about using Dodrio but I wanted something that I could get earlier.

Hypno

OT: Eggaro
    Years
    I was going to train it, but decided not to since I wanted to have Xatu as my flying Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I once used my Togepi in a run as Gold from Pokémon Adventures...but that was before I knew it evolved, so I dropped it. Then I quit the game.

Tbh, I've never used since I swapped SoulSilver for HeartGold, and even then, I've only ever owned one Togekiss (on Platinum) and two Togetics (SoulSilver and Platinum).

It's not that I don't like them...I just don't use them.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    i havent ever used the togepi family in my teams just because im to lazy to train it by the time i get it. i am thinking about keeping it and training it in my plat game tho

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    No, I never really liked Togepi or it's evolutions, not saying it's bad or anything. It just never interests me.

Dent

taste the café m o c h a ♥
    Years
    I never use any. Pokemopolis caused me to hate and fear Togepi.
    I much prefer Crobat for everything.

TheRatBoy

PokeYoutuber
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2011
    Yes

I used a kiss in platinum and realized how good they are. I use mine as a sp attacker rather than a staller/medic with wish and yawn.
    Mine knows
    Air slash
    Aura sphere
    Fire blast
    Fly

I definitely recommend it as only needs 600 000 Exp for lvl 100 which is as easy as it gets to train.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Togekiss has been on many of my teams before, but I try not to use him to much. I abosoultley love the Toge- family and they will always be among my favorites!

Dudypokefan89

Gen II fanboy / Loving Nidoking rn
    Years
    To be honest, i was wondering why a lot of people use them, so i am currently training one. i had it in the daycare for so long it grew like 20 levels, but now I'm trying to make it fit in with my team.

Angelique

Le Magnifique
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2014
    Togetic on my Gold Team; Togekiss on my HeartGold team. :)

Last edited:

Maj. Cor

With love, grace and strength.
    Years
    Hmm. I originally only evolved my Togepi to Togekiss to get the Pokédex data, but with all of these good reviews, I might consider raising her to be part of the pack.​

weeman10

Mr. Blue Sky
    Years
    I always try to get a togepi/togetic onto my team, ever since the original gold and silver, yet I always seem to replace it with some other pokemon eventually, because they can be tough to use. My togetic is in the PC at Lvl 31 on my SoulSilver.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I didn't. I was very slow in hatching it, and by the time it was hatched, the levels of my other Pokemon were too high to consider assimilating it into my team.

I had Pidgeot instead. Not the best choice, but it got me through the game.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I used Togetic for a little bit on my story-team. I eventually dropped it for my Togekiss from Platinum when the rest of my Pokemon reached the proper level. The Togekiss I have is a permanent member of my team. :)

Back