• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Togepi's Gender

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    I'm trying to get a female Togepi and i was just wondering, is the Togepi's gender determined as soon as you get the egg from the aide or as soon as it hatches?

PokeFan187

Pikachu Fanatic ~ ⋆
    Years
    I'm pretty sure that it determines the gender when hatching :cool:
    Ps: I have a female Togepi in my Crystal

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    Not trying to be mean or anything, but i didn't make this thread so that you could share your success stories.
    I really need a solid answer for my question. But, i have come to the conclusion that... the only reason i keep getting boys is because Togepi has a 87.5% chance of being a boy and a 12.5% chance of being a girl.

PokeFan187

Pikachu Fanatic ~ ⋆
    Years
    Not trying to be mean or anything, but i didn't make this thread so that you could share your success stories.
    I really need a solid answer for my question. But, i have come to the conclusion that... the only reason i keep getting boys is because Togepi has a 87.5% chance of being a boy and a 12.5% chance of being a girl.
    Yes Exactly! Also srry for bragging :P

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    If it's been a male every time, the proof is already there that its gender is decided when he gives it to you (assuming you tried at least 20 times to make sure).

Erbe

Misses the good old days :(
    Years
    I was acually talking to erbe3. All he said was that he had a shiny Togepi, you actually said something useful.
    Either way i gave up, now i have a male Togepi... wait, swap the M with the L.

I have a LAME Togepi. :P

jelous? :cheeky: im also truly sorry that your spending your day trying to get a female togepi, it must be so painful busting your ass starting the game over and over isnt it

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Yeah, but i decided that a male one isn't all that bad. I'll just evolve it to Togetic, get a Ditto and start breeding.
    Doesn't Ditto breeding just result in offspring the same gender as the parent that is the 'actual' Pokemon? I didn't try it much but I only ever got males when I tried it with a male Farfetch'd and a Ditto. o_o;

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    Doesn't Ditto breeding just result in offspring the same gender as the parent that is the 'actual' Pokemon? I didn't try it much but I only ever got males when I tried it with a male Farfetch'd and a Ditto. o_o;

I don't think so, when i bred a male Magmar with a Ditto i got a female Magby.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    The egg is preset i think.
    Its decided after you get the egg, like all other eggs.
    and i am still trying to get a good nature Exeggcute on my firered.
    if it weren't preset, i wouldn't complain would I?
    and Nanako Nanashima, the gender chances are still the same if you breed a pokemon and ditto.

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    any paticular reason why you want a female?

or are you just sexist? :D

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    No, i'm not sexist. I just like certain Pokemon better as certain genders.
    As in, i have a male Quilava because i think it suits it better and i have a female Flaafy for the same reason.

I just think that Togepi is more feminine, thats why i wanted a female one.

Back