• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tomorrow is Election Day

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Well it is finally here. Election time! Man, I can't believe it. Phew...I really want to vote. But I have to work 11am-5pm tomorrow. x.x And I think the polls in the courthouse closes around 6pm. So I don't think I be able to vote. :/ Or maybe 8pm...that is what happened four years ago. Maybe I do have time. I will see.

Well I do believe that Obama is going to win. If you see the Electoral Votes, he is killing McCain. So yeah our new President will be Obama. If I do get to vote, I will vote for him. Even though I am Republican. I need to change parties. @_@

We will see what happens though, it is going to be exciting tomorrow. :3 I love Goverment and History. =D So this political stuff is fun to know.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    You're the kind of person the US needs more of. :] I'm not bashing McCain or anything, but I really respect the people who can look past their regular parties (Republican, in your case) and vote for the other party if they really feel that's the party that can make a difference. I know a handful of people who are voting one way even though they "want" to vote the other way simply because they always vote the original way.

While it's good to dedicate yourself to one party, I think it's always best to stand back and question that party. I'm usually a really liberal person but I didn't vote for the Liberals in Canada's election because I didn't feel they'd do a good job running our country, yet so many people in my area did just because... they always vote Liberal. @_@

Also, is there any way you could ask for some time off of work? It does seem too constitutional to make you uneligible to vote due to work hours. D: Maybe ask to leave just a bit early to give yourself time to get there? Voting is important; maybe your boss will understand.

Anyway! Regardless of the outcome, I'd love to see some closure in your election. I'll probably be glued to my television screen to watch the results, just like last time, haha.

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    Woah... it must suck not being able to vote because of work. I wouldn't know; I'm only 15, but I still think it would be rather depressing knowing you missed out on helping decide who runs your country because you had to work. I'm sure your boss would understand if you asked for a little time off, though. Or just zip down real quick during your lunch, if that's possible.

Either way, I'm sure you guys will get the president you deserve. *cough*Obama*cough* Good luck!

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Lucy, if you find time off, head to the nearest Starbucks and get a free cup of joe for voting. XD

The election is finally coming to a close, wow, time sure does fly. I hope Obama wins, too.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Yeah, don't worry guys. I figured out a way. I think the most voting sites are closed around 7pm. And I found out one that is close to where I live! So I really don't have to drive all through downtown. Now, if that isn't a voting site...then I will have to go downtown. But the polls won't close til 7pm. Which it is good. Gives me time. Yeah I hope Obama wins, of course he will. XD I am going to vote for him! I think he will do a better job than McCain. I am sorry McCain supporters.

Well I did it!! I voted! Yeah the polls close around 7pm where I am. And Ryan, you are right about getting free coffee in Starbucks. XD But I didn't need it. I threw the ticket away.

I voted for Obama. I hope he wins.

Last edited:

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Yes the first democrat black president! I am so happy that Obama won! I was happy when I seen it while I was working out in the gym. ^^ Now he will make everything right again. We need Democrats...sorry Republicans.

Back